Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's In Your Hand Today?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

It doesn't look anything special really. There's far better tanks come out since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Here's the link Lucas https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv4p3hZW_pk&feature=youtu.be

Looks a decent enough tank but not for me because the build deck is too small,I wouldn't be able to build SS spaced coils,only micro coils & another negative is no glass tube replacement,break it,then your fukced...

• Registered Users Posts: 47 lukas2283

you're right, but now they are all velocity, top fill etc :( waiting for news :D

lukas2283 wrote: »
    you're right, but now they are all velocity, top fill etc :( waiting for news :D

There's good reason why they're all velocity style decks - it's the best post design to date for rebuildables. There's none easier.

Top fill is also a godsend when you change juices often.

I'm looking at this next:

also ordered Mage RTA , very similar to the Moonshot which had previously. great look :D

• Advertisement

lukas2283 wrote: »
    also ordered Mage RTA , very similar to the Moonshot which had previously. great look :D

Where'd you order from? been looking out for it. Yeah it's pretty much a moonshot with a velocity deck :) easier to assemble and disassemble too

Where'd you order from? been looking out for it. Yeah it's pretty much a moonshot with a velocity deck :) easier to assemble and disassemble too

I ordered from FT.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

In my had today is an iStick Pico in white that I ordered two weeks ago from Gearbest for €23.99 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

^ Did you get any incentive from them to post that?
    Any particular reason why you needed to mention where you bought it from?

Just checking.

UsedToWait wrote: »

Just checking.

My credentials are good in this forum..... no idea who you are .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

Just checking.

The word your looking for is "Gloating" ;)

jonski wrote: »
    My credentials are good in this forum..... no idea who you are .

Sorry.
    I personally wouldn't endorse that company no matter how they say they've changed their spots.
    If you're happy to be associated with them, then fair dues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

Sorry.
    I personally wouldn't endorse that company no matter how they say they've changed their spots.
    If you're happy to be associated with them, then fair dues.

Many on this forum have used Gearbest and Fastech over the years,personally I have never had an issue with either other than the "long wait" for delivery but that has also improved lately.
    If there is a particular reason as to why you wouldn't endorse them then perhaps you could share that with us rather than inferring to something and leaving the rest blank??

jno547 wrote: »
    Many on this forum have used Gearbest and Fastech over the years,personally I have never had an issue with either other than the "long wait" for delivery but that has also improved lately.
    If there is a particular reason as to why you wouldn't endorse them then perhaps you could share that with us rather than inferring to something and leaving the rest blank??

The company was banned from even being mentioned on the bargain alerts and android phone section, after they were found to have been using members of boards to shill their products and service.
    Perhaps this ruling didn't apply on the vaping forum.

I'm just angered that they have been able to expunge this odious behaviour from their record by paying, presumably, a sizable amount to boards. ie

Apologies if appeared to impugn the integrity of jonski in my haste to try to make the point that GB are a company which I refuse to deal with on principle.

Just checking.

Pretty sure he's just happy with the price, we often say where we buy gear on here - what's wrong with that?

I bought a 2nd Cleito RTA system in iVape yesterday ... there, I said it! :D

[edit] just seen your update post, I've not heard anything about this, loads buy from GB on here, and other sites across the UK and even US. Maybe it's a completely different department/warehouse for vape gear?

Pretty sure he's just happy with the price, we often say where we buy gear on here - what's wrong with that?

It's our version of "where did you get that outfit ?" .... " Pennys, €5:99 "

The company was banned from even being mentioned on the bargain alerts and android phone section, after they were found to have been using members of boards to shill their products and service.

I'm just angered that they have been able to expunge this odious behaviour from their record by paying, presumably, a sizable amount to boards. ie

Apologies if appeared to impugn the integrity of jonski in my haste to try to make the point that GB are a company which I refuse to deal with on principle.

I understand where you are coming from now but when you are into vaping and looking for a bargain then it's either fasttech or gearbest , we don't have the luxury of having standards or morals :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Ionised

jonski wrote:
    when you are into vaping and looking for a bargain then it's either fasttech or gearbest

You forgot the famous Dr Bill sales!

jonski wrote: »
    I understand where you are coming from now but when you are into vaping and looking for a bargain then it's either fasttech or gearbest , we don't have the luxury of having standards or morals :)

I seem to be an oddity in the vaping world - I'm vaping 3 years, but am immune to shinyitis!

Bought a Provari mini soon after starting and that's been my mod since then.

I only recently bought another one second hand as a backup for feck all, and just last week ordered a pico just because it would be rude not to at €22, and to prepare for the vaping apocalypse :)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Shinobollo

The simplest thing to do is check a boardsies previous posts.
    You'll normally get a good idea fairly quickly whether or not they are a shill.

A pico delivered in two weeks for €24 is well worth sharing. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

UsedToWait wrote:
    ^ Did you get any incentive from them to post that? Any particular reason why you needed to mention where you bought it from?

And your contribution to the vaping forum is?

moleyv wrote: »
    And your contribution to the vaping forum is?

... is dating back to 2012 as it happens...

I've already apologised to jonski for implying that he might be shilling, and in retrospect I would withdraw the remark and replace it with an impersonal comment on GB.

My point remains, however, that I dislike GB's business practices, and hope people might consider, if not actively boycotting them, then at least denying them the oxygen of publicity.

From Boards' own Dav, before the volte-face caused by the lure of filthy lucre:
    dav wrote:
    There is *NOTHING* more insidious and downright evil on a forum like this than shilling. It completely poisons the well of a resource like our Bargain Alerts forum if someone thinks that recommendations and "bargains" can't be trusted.

you completely burned any bridges with our communities by being a shill for Gearbest and by profiting from posting fake recommendations on this site on their behalf.

There are barely words to express how vile and despicable I think someone like you is, so don't ever come back.

Anyhoo, I'll just exit stage right, and not let the door hit me on the way out etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

UsedToWait wrote:
    I've already apologised to jonski for implying that he might be shilling, and in retrospect I would withdraw the remark and replace it with an impersonal comment on GB.

I posted that before reading on, so sorry for being a bit snappy.

Just people over on the other gearbest threads instantly accuse anyone of saying anything positive about them as being a shill.

And when it happened here it really annoyed me. Just because someone has a different opinion of a company doesn't mean they are linked. Like giving out about a company doesn't mean you are working for a rival.

GB sometimes have things up for order before other sites even know they are coming to market. Fasttech seem to be the preferred Chinese option around here. But they are always last of the bunch to get stock of anything new.

I couldn't comment on GBs other stuff they sell, but for vape gear. They are a decent option.

Also personally, I couldn't care less about shilling. Fair enough its against the rules, but I trust myself to realise if something is a bargain or not. The internet is full of people trying to sell me stuff.

Anyway, sorry again for snapping.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Gearbest and fasttech sell authentic vaping equipment at fantastic prices, the only downside is the long delivery times. People need to lighten up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭Doge

.... and now boards has jumped into bed with Gearbest, and gave them a dedicated sub forum in Bargain Alerts for them to advertise and for communicate with customers!

Theres a lot of comtroversy over it considering they banned members for even mentioning the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

Enough Gearbest riffraff, more mods!

iBRIZ4t.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

Enough Gearbest riffraff, more mods!

Ooh that's purdy....

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LazyPicti

My picture taking skills are terrible lol

kTs2PRZ.jpg

Celebrating 25 post:D (can insert images;)) Moradin sitting on iPV D3 :rolleyes:
    cyA0Fku.jpg?2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

Well the first of the 4 Pico's I ordered came today and I'm really impressed. Here it is in the middle with a Pico tank. To the left is an Istick 50watt and to the right is a Tesla nano for size comparisons.

image_zpsdsjohqtd.jpeg

Advertisement