Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

Needless to say the March calls look to be over and done with, leaving those of us waiting, wondering when the next set of calls will be....week starting the 11th April look like a good shout?

Is it commonplace (based on previous campaigns) to have a pool of candidates with everything passed who end up just not getting a call? Would anyone know this either from past experience or hearsay?

It happened in campaign 1. It's unfortunate but happens.

Nothing can really be done about it so I'd say don't stress out about it but I know that's easier said than done. It's not over until you are told it's over.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Delilahbeau

Mop a top wrote:
    Only ever heard of the financial forms being sent out to a few folk. Never heard of these others. Maybe give them a ring if there's a number

There was no number, but it is all official documentation. Sent it off this morning. Nothing has changed since o first filled them in anyway. It'll do no harm :)

Needless to say the March calls look to be over and done with, leaving those of us waiting, wondering when the next set of calls will be....week starting the 11th April look like a good shout?

March intake has already started... *there is no hint of jealousy in my voice at all, by the way.

April, yeah I think we've missed out on that one too :(
    Here's dreaming of a May intake :D

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

March intake has already started... *there is no hint of jealousy in my voice at all, by the way.

April, yeah I think we've missed out on that one too :(
    Here's dreaming of a May intake :D

Lol. That's what I meant.

March calls for April intake have passed us by. So maybe April calls for may intake or even may calls for June intake (if there is one)?

Otherwise a colossal two year waste of time ;)

March calls for April intake have passed us by. So maybe April calls for may intake or even may calls for June intake (if there is one)?

Otherwise a colossal two year waste of time

I sincerely hope so.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

There was a pool of candidates from C1 with everything passed but no squad for them, we were sent the dear john letters towards the end of April. If they're still still putting people through medicals I'd say they'll do another one hopefully 2 intakes.

It's not a good feeling and I totally sympathise with anyone who doesn't make it that far but you have to keep reapplying and trying. Took me long enough lol. You'll get there :)

Mop a top wrote: »
    There was a pool of candidates from C1 with everything passed but no squad for them, we were sent the dear john letters towards the end of April. If they're still still putting people through medicals I'd say they'll do another one hopefully 2 intakes.

It's not a good feeling and I totally sympathise with anyone who doesn't make it that far but you have to keep reapplying and trying. Took me long enough lol. You'll get there :)

What I don't get is, if they are only going to go ahead with maybe another two intakes for the 1405 campaign, why did they send vetting info out not long ago to some. Surely with some people on here saying their vetting took 6 months or so, then its a bit of a blunder on their part (psni's part)?

I dunno. Suppose just wait and see and fingers crossed I passed assessment centre for 1509 for worst case scenario lol. :P

What I don't get is, if they are only going to go ahead with maybe another two intakes for the 1405 campaign, why did they send vetting info out not long ago to some. Surely with some people on here saying their vetting took 6 months or so, then its a bit of a blunder on their part (psni's part)?

I dunno. Suppose just wait and see and fingers crossed I passed assessment centre for 1509 for worst case scenario lol. :P

I'm guessing they are told to press ahead with recruitment until they are told, by whoever is in charge, to stop.

I'm guessing they are told to press ahead with recruitment until they are told, by whoever is in charge, to stop.

this makes sense. probably send out vetting forms the day before they close off the 1405 campaign ;)

this makes sense. probably send out vetting forms the day before they close off the 1405 campaign ;)

Nothing makes sense with PSNI recruitment lol.

So much money seems to get wasted putting people through each stage and then not offering a place or redoing PCAs/medical/vetting after 6 months have passed. I understand the reasoning behind why the latter needs to be done but it just seems wasteful.

• Advertisement

Nothing makes sense with PSNI recruitment lol.

So much money seems to get wasted putting people through each stage and then not offering a place or redoing PCAs/medical/vetting after 6 months have passed. I understand the reasoning behind why the latter needs to be done but it just seems wasteful.

my life? yes I know this. no need to remind me... :P

if they've so much money to burn on recruitment why not just sign us all up at this stage, stack our salaries and be done with it!!

^^^^^ happened to me! Pretty much had my life on hold since 2013 but for me it's worth it and I'm not saying that now I'm starting, I had totally written off this campaign as Highbury would definitely confirm and I was waiting on my shot in C3, pretty much another 2 years.

If anything it will test your resolve and patience just about as much as the job will, whatever happens, embrace it, it's tough if it doesn't go your way, I collapsed on the floor and poured my heart out, I was so sure I was getting in. It taught me patience and not to take anything for granted, they were the personal lessons I needed to learn. I know everyone isn't the same as me but that's what I had to think to get through the disappointment and heartbreak.

I'm not sure if I believe in fate or not but when I compare my life to then, there's no way I could have managed my family and the training. I'm in a much better place now and we're all set, kids too, for this mental time lol and I can't help but think that things happen for a reason.

It's a tough job to get into and it's tougher training and I'm sure the job will be more so but I've no doubt it will, for me, be totally worth it. Just keep going and keep applying, if it's for you it won't pass you and I wouldn't write off C2 until you officially hear anything. Stay positive :)

Mop a top wrote: »
    ^^^^^ happened to me! Pretty much had my life on hold since 2013 but for me it's worth it and I'm not saying that now I'm starting, I had totally written off this campaign as Highbury would definitely confirm and I was waiting on my shot in C3, pretty much another 2 years.

If anything it will test your resolve and patience just about as much as the job will, whatever happens, embrace it, it's tough if it doesn't go your way, I collapsed on the floor and poured my heart out, I was so sure I was getting in. It taught me patience and not to take anything for granted, they were the personal lessons I needed to learn. I know everyone isn't the same as me but that's what I had to think to get through the disappointment and heartbreak.

I'm not sure if I believe in fate or not but when I compare my life to then, there's no way I could have managed my family and the training. I'm in a much better place now and we're all set, kids too, for this mental time lol and I can't help but think that things happen for a reason.

It's a tough job to get into and it's tougher training and I'm sure the job will be more so but I've no doubt it will, for me, be totally worth it. Just keep going and keep applying, if it's for you it won't pass you and I wouldn't write off C2 until you officially hear anything. Stay positive :)

great post Mop as always ;)

I haven't totally written off 1405 but with only one or two sets of calls left potentially, have to consider it a possibility that I'm not amongst the final candidates called...

Definitely the hard work starting once you get the call though. so good luck to those who are ticking down to their impending starting dates :p

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭MikeOneJuliet

For those still waiting, I got my call in C1 around this week last year. It's a long process and sometimes recruitment don't even know when the next intake are going in. Depends on numbers and budget. However, they still have to progress people to be ready to go in in case people decline the offer etc. Fingers crossed for you all. I know your pain all too well

For those still waiting, I got my call in C1 around this week last year. It's a long process and sometimes recruitment don't even know when the next intake are going in. Depends on numbers and budget. However, they still have to progress people to be ready to go in in case people decline the offer etc. Fingers crossed for you all. I know your pain all too well

still loving the job buddy?

your posts are always a great help and its nice to have someone such as yourself posting on here (having been through the whole recruitment process and also G.V) :)

still loving the job buddy?

your posts are always a great help and its nice to have someone such as yourself posting on here (having been through the whole recruitment process and also G.V) :)

Honestly could not see myself doing anything else any more. It has it's tough moments but it's such a worthwhile career and there's no better feeling than helping those in need, be it petty situations or genuinely saving a life!

I wish when I was going through the process there was a voice of reason to fire questions at, so I'm more than happy to try and be that person

I wish when I was going through the process there was a voice of reason to fire questions at, so I'm more than happy to try and be that person

That's really lovely, thank-you!

Tell me this... How far away from where you live did you get posted? (I'm not asking for locations, I mean driving time/miles).

Anyone I know from my hometown have all been placed in the same station, which is odd. Around abouts 45 minute drive each way... Is this the norm do you think?

That's really lovely, thank-you!

Tell me this... How far away from where you live did you get posted? (I'm not asking for locations, I mean driving time/miles).

Anyone I know from my hometown have all been placed in the same station, which is odd. Around abouts 45 minute drive each way... Is this the norm do you think?

Mine takes me 20 mins usually. Outside of my own district but close enough to not have a bad commute!

Folka, just off hand, how long did each of you have to wait after passing your medical until you got the call??

I've heard of people waiting three weeks, others a couple of months.... What about you?

Folka, just off hand, how long did each of you have to wait after passing your medical until you got the call??

I've heard of people waiting three weeks, others a couple of months.... What about you?

I did my medical in December got my call in March.

• Advertisement

Medical Feb called in march

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Arko5901

Hi, long time lurker, first time posting! I've my medical coming up very soon and I don't see any issues or have any major concerns about passing. Anyone any thoughts on next enrolment and chances of being called up?! Feel like my life is on hold until I hear either way!

P.s. these boards are an amazing source of info and support!! Thank you!!

Which campaign are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Hopeful20160

I would love to know this also!! I'm 1405 campaign

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Arko5901

In both, but medical is for 1405 campaign

Honestly not sure. I reckon there's no way they'll progress people through the final stages if they weren't going to offer them a place in GV. Fingers crossed for you

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Hopeful20160

Thanks mop a top!! Feels so near yet so far at this stage, it makes sense yet don't wanna get the hopes up too much

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Psni26

I have seen there are 2 email addresses for vetting I only have one, could somebody pm me them?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭WannabePC123

Psni26 wrote: »
    I have seen there are 2 email addresses for vetting I only have one, could somebody pm me them?

Could someone could pm me the vetting email address too? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Nerves2016

In the waiting room but wondering if I do receive a call how to approach it...

Ive a 2 month notice period in work...So is it possible to defer accepting a place in Garneville to work out notice period or do I just tell my employer I'm working a months notice, goodbye..We are underresourced so don't think boss would appreciate walking away

Advertisement