Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

Hey

The guy who completed my SMT said I wouldn't have been sent to him if I hadn't passed the medical. The Nurse who checked my audio, sight and lung function said they were all 100% for the job, so i'm taking that as a good thing. the Dr said the results would be with me before the end of the week.

Lol.

Fair enough. You'll get letter within 2-3 days if you passed.

The hair guy never said that to me but I suppose that makes complete sense they wouldn't send you for the hair test if you hadn't passed the other bits.

Did you tell him about your verging on dangerous abuse of marajoanna?? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Delilahbeau

Lol.

Fair enough. You'll get letter within 2-3 days if you passed.

The hair guy never said that to me but I suppose that makes complete sense they wouldn't send you for the hair test if you hadn't passed the other bits.

Did you tell him about your verging on dangerous abuse of marajoanna?? ;)

Yeah that's what i was thinking too - there's no point sending recruits for expensive, outside-contracted tests if they don't fit criteria.
    As for the wacky-backy, I claimed either my herbal drink consumption, or scenty burny sticks, that you get from hippy shops.

Yeah that's what i was thinking too - there's no point sending recruits for expensive, outside-contracted tests if they don't fit criteria.
    As for the wacky-backy, I claimed either my herbal drink consumption, or scenty burny sticks, that you get from hippy shops.

I told him about my evil twin. Any drug they take magically would end up in my hair somehow. Hopefully he falls for it

oh of course. He gets paid either way. It's all very nerve-racking... puttin this application in in June 2014 and its only now coming to a head. I hope we don't have to wait long, we've waited long enough :/

oh of course. He gets paid either way. It's all very nerve-racking... putting this application in in June 2014 and its only now coming to a head. I hope we don't have to wait long, we've waited long enough :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭MikeOneJuliet

oh of course. He gets paid either way. It's all very nerve-racking... putting this application in in June 2014 and its only now coming to a head. I hope we don't have to wait long, we've waited long enough :/

Be prepared to wait. I applied in sept 2013, didn't get in GV until the first quarter of 2015! Two years between applying and graduating. Keep the faith, and keep the patience. You'll need it, and good luck!

Be prepared to wait. I applied in sept 2013, didn't get in GV until the first quarter of 2015! Two years between applying and graduating. Keep the faith, and keep the patience. You'll need it, and good luck!
    Hey guys.

Letter came this morning. Fit and waiting to work. Mike, my application is now 22 months old, so I know what you're saying. I know another wait is on the cards but with another couple of intakes to go, I'm hoping we won't be waiting much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sheepsy

Hey

The guy who completed my SMT said I wouldn't have been sent to him if I hadn't passed the medical. The Nurse who checked my audio, sight and lung function said they were all 100% for the job, so i'm taking that as a good thing. the Dr said the results would be with me before the end of the week.

I know of more than one person who had the drugs test who received a medical fail, I think if you're border line and might have grounds to appeal they still send you for drugs testing incase you pass on appeal. I'd say this is the exception though.

Add your reply here.

Hey guys.

Letter came this morning. Fit and waiting to work. Mike, my application is now 22 months old, so I know what you're saying. I know another wait is on the cards but with another couple of intakes to go, I'm hoping we won't be waiting much longer.

Another couple of intakes? Prediction or known?

Just wondering (hoping) is all..... :)

Add your reply here.

Hey guys.

You can join PCplonker, floral and myself. This stage is actually the most frustrating wait of all (as I am just recently discovering)....

• Advertisement

Sort of prediction. I asked a woman from deloitte at my c3 ac day a few weeks ago. She said there was to be three more from c2 ( no indication if that was purely c2 or a c2/c3 combo, and that was before the April intake was called.) Although, I'm unsure of how solid that info is, so I'm baring a purely speculative stance at this point. (that's proper speak for wishful thinking ) I'm not sure how important ac scores are though, I have 65.5 and only just passed my medical on Tuesday, so...

Sort of prediction. I asked a woman from deloitte at my c3 ac day a few weeks ago. She said there was to be three more from c2 ( no indication if that was purely c2 or a c2/c3 combo, and that was before the April intake was called.) Although, I'm unsure of how solid that info is, so I'm baring a purely speculative stance at this point. (that's proper speak for wishful thinking ) I'm not sure how important ac scores are though, I have 65.5 and only just passed my medical on Tuesday, so...

Oh good job. Hopefully that is spot on as I have a feeling we missed out on the calls this time around.

So if there would be two more then fingers crossed we might get that phonecall :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Dorry for asking but.....Did you have to repeat your PCA?

So if there would be two more then fingers crossed we might get that phonecall

All the fingers crossed, all the fingers

Mop a top wrote: »
    Dorry for asking but.....Did you have to repeat your PCA?

unfortunately so. I failed it by ten seconds the first time :'(

Everything passed and vetting cleared? Hopefully you'll get a call in a few weeks :)

passed everything and vetting cleared in November. I'm jut sitting by the phone now. Everytime it rings I'm disappointed that I know who the caller is :'(

passed everything and vetting cleared in November. I'm jut sitting by the phone now. Everytime it rings I'm disappointed that I know who the caller is :'(

I'm disappointed in who the caller is generally, nevermind whilst waiting for any potential call.

These days I pick up and say hello. Then I proceed to hang up if it's not who I'm hoping for. Unless it's my mother. Never would hang up on her :)

Iamveryhopeful, I hope we be on the same crew, I feel we will get on enormously. Provided you enjoy blackbooks. For I am the female Bernard Black (personality wise of course, not the wine drinking. Ish.)

Iamveryhopeful, I hope we be on the same crew, I feel we will get on enormously. Provided you enjoy blackbooks. For I am the female Bernard Black (personality wise of course, not the wine drinking. Ish.)

Lol. Genuinely had never heard of it until I just looked it up.
    Bernard black likes to drink, smoke read and insult people apparently. Haha ;)

I like to insult nobody more than myself truth be told.
    Oh and PCmisinformed....

• Advertisement

Lol. Genuinely had never heard of it until I just looked it up. Bernard black likes to drink, smoke read and insult people apparently. Haha

I like to insult nobody more than myself truth be told. Oh and PCmisinformed....

Ah dear. You need to watch it, reading about it makes it look dreary

Has anyone received a 4 page questionnaire vetting top up or is it just me? (I originally completed in September....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Floral15

Has anyone received a 4 page questionnaire vetting top up or is it just me? (I originally completed in September....)

I got my vetting forms September/October time and didn't receive anything else and my vetting is still ongoing :(

Floral15 wrote:
    I got my vetting forms September/October time and didn't receive anything else and my vetting is still ongoing

I only got these yesterday as it says mine was about to expire. Have you emailed them to find out? I emailed in Feb as I hadn't heard anything back, and was told they'd completed in November.

I only got these yesterday as it says mine was about to expire. Have you emailed them to find out? I emailed in Feb as I hadn't heard anything back, and was told they'd completed in November.

Will keep an eye on the post tomorrow then! I have been emailing and phoning constantly but still no joy.... did my PCA in November and medical in December hoping I'm not going to have to repeat them again :(

if your vetting is cleared I wonder why they want you to fill out more forms, maybe ring them tomorrow?

Floral15 wrote:
    if your vetting is cleared I wonder why they want you to fill out more forms, maybe ring them tomorrow?

Tge letter said because it was about to expire... It only lasts 6 months apparently :/

Tge letter said because it was about to expire... It only lasts 6 months apparently :/

But if you were told your vetting had been completed in November surely you wouldn't need to do any extra forms?

The process is crazy, and so unpredictable, really don't know if you're coming or going with them!

Floral15 wrote:
    But if you were told your vetting had been completed in November surely you wouldn't need to do any extra forms?

You would have thought, I'm just scared now that they won't have them processed in time for a may intake :/ which is very annoying

Only ever heard of the financial forms being sent out to a few folk. Never heard of these others. Maybe give them a ring if there's a number

• Advertisement

Needless to say the March calls look to be over and done with, leaving those of us waiting, wondering when the next set of calls will be....week starting the 11th April look like a good shout?

Is it commonplace (based on previous campaigns) to have a pool of candidates with everything passed who end up just not getting a call? Would anyone know this either from past experience or hearsay?

Advertisement