Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky+ in Ireland: Now June 1st.

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

They are the figures I was given b4 they decided they did not want retail selling them IE 75 + 25 from Sky and approx 40 profit on box sale. With current exchange rate it does seem like a rip off but unfortunately the trade price in UK amounts to 399 euro approx incl vat at 21% so I dont see anyway to discount this.

Tony

Originally posted by andyeire
    I got an email from Sky today about Sky+
    The Sky+ set-top box costs 399.00 (EUR), standard installation is 75.00(EUR) for Sky digital subscribers. The Sky+ subscription costs 15.00 (EUR) a month for the recording facility and 20.00 (EURO) for your extra subscription for. Sky digital packages start from 19.00 (EUR) a month.

Please find package information below:

This is a direct quote i presume that the 20 eur is for the mirror sub
    The price in the UK at the moment is £199 for box
    £50 for install and £10 for Sky+ sub £15 for mirror sub
    £199 = approx 260 eur why the extra 130 eur
    the UK Sky+ sub= 13 Eur
    Do you think they will rip us off yet again

The email was signed Jessica Turner

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

I rang them today .They say that they do not know when Sky+ will be available .He said that it was skys inability to handle laser transactions,His words, that was causing the delay.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Theyre able to take the money off us for the regular Digiboxes well enough.

I'm mystfied why the Sky+ did not launce simulanous in ROI. It is in their own interest. Someone has been incompenrant.

Advertisement