Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Campbells Catering Monopoly

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

After talking extensivly with JP in his office about the issues raised in this thread and about the running of the running of the student union. I have come to the conclusion that I have over-reacted in my anger while posting on this thread, and as such I have offended JP and the student's union. for this I appologise whole hartidly for accusing them of holding the interests of more well off students above others and for any alligation of corruption or taking bribes. The work done by the SU in the college benifets us all greatly and should be commended. The comments I have made came from recieving mis-information and listening to roomers. The students union is funded by the students through a fraction of registeration fees and through other fund raising activities (games, phone cards, bar and club sponsorship) If you have any queries about the running of the Students Union, they seem more than willing to answer them. Also, if you have any spare time between classes or after hours and wish to improve students rights, volinteer and help them out, go on the marchs.
    The issue of the canteen we did differ on, JP being a business student and having seen the margins and accounts of the canteen believes that is the best which could provided at the prices we pay. JP did however emphasise the importance of co-operation with the powers that be in the college for solving problems related with acidemic issues, timetableing etc. and the facility of your class rep, who can raise issues and conserns with the SU. This I should have done. Still, 15c for a bubble of ketchup. *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,080 ✭✭✭mada999

ok then, fair enough....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

spacedog has strong feelings about the SU and he has a point too. i don't think the food is that bad in the canteen but i know a lot of ppl don't like it, esp the prices. it's ok for me coz i work. And since a lot of ppl have been complaining about it for some time, why hasn't anything been done about it? this is where i agree with spacedog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭lulu

That was gripping stuff!! better that the wed night movie i have to say for entertainment.

Have to say i have read with interest the above arguments and feel that somethings were prob said in the heat of the moment,

some i agreed with some i did not but spacedog23 has posted an admirable apology and in the interests of keeping peace this should be accepted.

lulu

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

Has anyone notie the difference of prices between the same meal.
    I got a roll (Butter Mayo Chicken Chesse Lettuce Milk) the price I think was 3.20 the next i got the same, a different person at the till and i was charged 20 cent less. whats the story there, can they do this.

A smabo bar would be excellent. it would give Campbells some one to compete against. as they say competition
    is good. with no competition things will only get worse eg look at the board IrelandOffLine (under community - Activism).

The monopoly: Eircom
    The result: Ireland is (or all most) the worst in europe for internet connection.....

The monoply: Campballs Catering
    The result: mmmm time will tell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Originally posted by TomTom
    There is not much they can do. Campbells have a reputation for catering and despite what you may think of them here, they have a good rep.

Yes Campbells do have a reputation for catering... a bad one. Numerous students in numerous colleges have expressed their discontent at the service provided by Campbells. I've also heard that the 'food' they provide in Hewlett Packard canteen in Leixlip is pretty dismal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

you really need to be carefull what you eat in the canteen in the collage cos in the past month or two of my friends are after getting food poisoning from the food in the collage on e got it from an under cooked hotdog and not sure what the other got it from the from my point of view the majority of students end up getting curry chips because of the poor selection that the canteen has on most days for example if you are a veg then what is there on levell one for you baring rolls and sandwiches????

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

Most of the canteen food get's dodgey after 1PM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Redrocket

yeah i got sick last week after food from there after 2pm, the food was uncovered and warm when i got it. i think im the one ot blame though, i should have known that the food would be dodgy from that place at that time..

new thought for today . .

we need a microwave in the canteen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

New one on me today chewy chips. I mean really chewy.

so how's the food there these days ??

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

mada999 wrote: »
    so how's the food there these days ??
    You waited a good 8 years to necro this thread? Dedication. Oh IBTL:pac:

Food's grand these days as it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

IBTL - I retract my apology.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

i heard it was the return of dreaded bangers an mash

well i have been a way for a while and I was just wondering.... i bet the chips are still chewy like soft mints...

Spacedog wrote: »
    IBTL - I retract my apology.

did u ever say sorry?

woodyg wrote: »
    did u ever say sorry?

I think he was sorry for a few mins...

doubt it!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭patdshaker

Its still sick gawked in the jacks last year from the breakfast