Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Campbells Catering Monopoly

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

Originally posted by TomTom
    I want a personal face to face one.

ok, but it doesn't mean I'm gonna go easy on you in Q3 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

is this still about "The Campbells Catering Monopoly"?

Seems like people are tryin to prove they're smarter than everyone else with their fancy words etc. Is this even bout the war anymore even?

I suggest instead of goin to compsoc we organise a fight club type thing in the canteen.

Everyone thats bitchin in this thread meet in the canteen at bout 2pm today & just kick the crap out of each other.

then everyone can stop bitchin and get back to slaggin campbells.

ps campbells is gay.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

I have FIFA 2003 for compsoc today. We have two controllers for the PS2, So all are welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,080 ✭✭✭mada999

Tom Tom
    Also I went out more than one night over rag week but at the expence of my rent, which I have to work harder for to pay off.

Well god help ya and save your soul, I don't mean to be mean so did you and the fúcking rest of the college.

Last fúcking year, i got no fúcking grant no aid no nothing, I was living in a fúcking dump as i live in now, working in mcdonalds were i get paid peanuts, less than €6 an hour. I got less than €150 for two weeks work, coz we get paid every 2 wks. So thats 100 to be paid for rent thats €50 left for fúcking food and shít to live on for 2 weeks. So everyone crying about money shut up. Now i get the grant and I still fúcking work, i'm now a bit better off, and the grant helps and i'm not gonna say sorry for getting it, my aul lass works her ass off everyday, like everyone elses aul lasses.

Bicky you said in a post that ur dad pays your rent, i get nothing from my folks he's paying ur rent like the grant pays my rent same thing.

And another thing if ur paying € 80 for rent and u want laundry, why don't you live in a kip like me and do ur own fúcking laundry and you'd save more than €20 a week or are you too used to getting ur aul lass to do it.

anyway this post is about all the students rich or fúckin' poor getting the best value for money while attending college, anyone suggest things we can do about campbells?

I was thinking about getting a fund togething and buying ketchup and vinegar and putting some on of the tables in the canteens its not much but its a start. . . . .

Anyone any ideas ? ? ?

• Advertisement

If people can afford to pay €80 a week for accommodation, and get there laundry don't for free, fair ****s to them. I wish I could. Now stop moaning and shut the **** up.

If people can afford to pay €80 a week for accommodation, and get there laundry don't for free, fair ****s to them

They can't afford it then if they're bítchin'!

Anyway what about campbells, can we do anyting anyone get any ideas?

I think this post has raised alot of issues. I think it was a great post, we're all the same, we all want the same things, why can't we all get along ? Lets stop the monopoly, lets stop campbells!

Any takers can we all agree to disagree?

Myself and bicky were talking to a member of the SU last night. This thread and it's contents are to be brought to JP's attention. Hopefully the whole board will get a mention in the blurb. I vote towards the creation of a petition.

We were also informed that even if JP wanted to do something about the canteen, it would be difficult as he (the students) only have one vote in the college admin. It happened in galway where they protested against Campbells and the SU was crushed by an admin vote.

yes tomtom a petition would be good indeed. I'd be up for that. . . . . .

Any other takers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

i take it that an out and out boycott of the canteen is out of the question then? (as the food is just too tempting for everyone to just stop buying it).

what happened to the idea of setting up our own little sandwich cart or tea/coffee cart?

was there something in the blurb today about people robbing the cutlery or something? thats wat they get for over charging! ha ha

• Advertisement

I'm heading to the canteen to have a plate of minging curry chips . . .

Yeah, who'd be up for a tea/sandwich stand ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lord

In regards to Campells catering and that there be two seperate canteen companies in I.T Carlow one upstairs and one downstairs this is an impossibility. It is impossible becausethe two canteens are the one they are linked and it would be impossible to have two seperate canteen companies as the downstairs canteen does not have the adequate kitchen space.

The I.T Carlow canteen is the second cheapest canteen in the country the cheapest is Kingdom Kitchens in I.T Tralee.

FROM LORD : In regards to Campells catering and that there be two seperate canteen companies in I.T Carlow one upstairs and one downstairs this is an impossibility. It is impossible becausethe two canteens are the one they are linked and it would be impossible to have two seperate canteen companies as the downstairs canteen does not have the adequate kitchen space.

What do you mean no adequate kitchen space, you could play 5-a-side footie in the 2 kitchens, as far as I'm concerned.

I've just been to talk to JP. There is not much they can do. Campbells have a reputation for catering and despite what you may think of them here, they have a good rep. The fact of the matter is that the SU do not run this college. They have a say on behalf of the students but there are many other bodies in the college who probably have the deciding vote on this. As Lord pointed out the canteen here is supposed to be the second cheapest in the country. The cheapest having the lowest quality of food also.

I thing we should drop this pointless arguing now as it is too close to the end of the year to get something done. If it is still a problem at the start of the next year then there will be more time to do something about it. There is only about 2 months until the exams and although i will sign a petition I am not going to run one.

I would now request the mord close this thread as everything that can be said has been said and people are just starting to repeat themselves.

why not just leave the thread open and let every1 have their say . . . if you don't want to say anything more don't . . .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

hrm..no, I'm not going to close the thread just yet...

you may be right in that it's too late to do anything, and that everything has been said.. but that ain't really my place to decide. if the post gets too spammy, or if personal insults start being flung around (more so than usual, and I;m gona fire off a pm or two to one or more users about this) then I will do something. but as for now it is still a valid (if arguably pointless) discussion.

so if you have something new to ad, go ahead. if you are just going to rehash verbatim what someone else has said please reconsider and don't bother :) no one here is stupid, and you won't change their minds about this just by repeating certain "facts" until they get the message...

it isnt pointless morddd!

sorry mada, could have chosen my words there. I agree with you all about the quality of the food in the canteen, and having experienced campbells in the Nui in galway last year I am more than ready to try a new company :)

but as tomtom said it is rather late in the year, so any petition started now would have to be shared with exam time, projects.. summer.

but I imagine alot of you do have access to the net at home, so perhaps over the summer this board could be used to plan some of this?

yes, yes the second wave will happen . . . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

dono i was always happy with them and i can say they never made me sick from there food . always helped me on a hangover . but i do agree it would be nice to see them lower there prices r get some way to do it from the giverment

a well i liked my curry chips with sausages

• Advertisement

Believe me Ian the food has gone down hill since you were here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lord

This is J.P Mc Ardle here. I am not corrupt I have never taken a bribe in my life from anyone and I am extremely angry that anyone would even suggest it. to suggest that I am middleclass is absolutely ridiculous for the four years I was studying I was on the grant and the top up grant which means my parents income is under 9,500 Euros a year so dont anyone dare tell me I am corrupt and only after bribes. I come from a single parent family I worked part-time all through college and my father scrimbed and saved to get me through college. I will not defend my actions as President on this forum as I give a detailed account of my actions in the Presidents address in the Blurb every week. The Students Unions achievements are published in the Blurb on a regular basis. I challenge spacedog to public debate. I will debate with him in the cantenn any time he/she wants. I have been slandered by spacedog all of his/her allegations are completely untrue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Nice to see you Speak for/ defend yourseld Mr. President!
    Welcome to Boards.ie!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Now that's over with. How bout the food?

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

Spacedog is still gone.
    He is M.I.A for over twenty minutes now.
    Hm..... Michael collins springs to mind

"If they strike me down, Who will take my place?"

"i will spacedog, i will"

heh, let's keep it nice now :)

the arguments did get a little heated, but this is an emotive issue for some and I would imagine certain things were said in the heat of the moment that were later regretted. so let's try not to take it too perrsonally, and don't let this develop into a flame war.

still, that was funny bicky hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

Sure no problem. I never meant to disrespect anyone. In fact me TomTom mada and spacedog were in this lab together having a laugh about how personnel everyting had gotten when JP mac came in and seemed to be fuming over what was said about the student union.
    The two left together and have not as yet returned. Its almost half an hour now. we should send out a search party......

I hope the issue of the quality of the canteen is not lost beneath a silly argument about the student union.

i doubt it will be, and if it does happen this time. well I doubt this is the last we'll hear from the students about campbells.. if they keep screwing us over, we'll keep complaining :)

And by god are we good at complaning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

pfft bribes gimmie gimmie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement