Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Chinese Take Away in South Dublin?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

I remember Manleys when it wasn't Manley's...twas a burger joint. :)

Jaysus, thats going back a bit. I remember the place, but cant remember the name of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Anyone wrote: »
    Jaysus, thats going back a bit. I remember the place, but cant remember the name of it.

Dexters, haha classic rubber chips. was rotten

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Yep, Dexters it was!

Burger, chips and a drink for a pound!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Might not have been were Manleys is now, but wasnt there a Wendys, or similar over there as well at some point?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Lets eat in is pretty tasty and MSG free. Anychinese that uses MSG doesn't belong on the list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

ted1 wrote: »
    Lets eat in is pretty tasty and MSG free. Anychinese that uses MSG doesn't belong on the list.

Actually i'd say any Chinese that doesnt use MSG doesnt belong on the list. In many places in China you get msg offered instead of salt - thats the real experience.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Supercell wrote: »
    Actually i'd say any Chinese that doesnt use MSG doesnt belong on the list. In many places in China you get msg offered instead of salt - thats the real experience.
    The question was best not authentic, there is a reason why china is investing heavily in Irish agriculuture and food businesses and that's because our quality standards are very high. If you want authentic prepare to get sick .

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Eathrin wrote: »
    Amerta in monkstown is very good
    There were closed recently by the HSE, not sure if reopened or what the issue was.

http://www.fsai.ie/news_centre/press_releases/feb_enforcements_06032013.html
    Yep, Dexters it was!

Burger, chips and a drink for a pound!
    I remember the offer was not advertised after a good while, but if you asked for it you got it. It was a stupid wannabe mcdonalds, when the place sorely needed a proper italian style chipper, a chipper would have done well in killiney sc too.

as for george
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/George-from-Manleys/259150962342
    374005_10151066428072343_1572579021_n.jpg
    Anyone wrote: »
    Might not have been were Manleys is now, but wasnt there a Wendys, or similar over there as well at some point?
    There was a wendys in dun laoghaire, where elverys is now.

Many think the negative effects of MSG is mainly a myth or very overstated & exagerrated, lots of Italian food is naturally high in MSG. Also the oxo cubes & knorr aromat that your granny used for decades is just MSG & other flavourings, you never really hear of people going on about getting symptoms from having them.

Lots of the Chinese places are doing really good deals now. €10 for loads of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Alias G

Ok, it's Thai not Chinese, but Camille is the best takeaway ever created.

They were doing an online deal recently enough where-by you could get two mains and two drinks for €25 or something along those lines. Every time I went down, the same guy who looked like he was the manager, would check the receipt, fetch my order and then "forget" to include the two drinks. This happened on literally every occasion. In fact, it could hardly have been coincidental. I guess they presume some people are just going to wander off with-out their drinks and not be bothered enough to come back. They've lost a couple of customers from my house anyway. I certainly won't be darkening their door again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

OK, so it's a Thai but I have to give a shout out to Mango Tree in Rathfarnham. Superb is the only word to describe it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

Not South Dublin but almost! Pe We Ton in Bray is the nicest around! Its on the Quinsboro road! Really nice inside too for a sit down meal! Not too expensive either!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭_ciaran_

Tried Chrysanthemum in Rathfarnham at the weekend. Not bad, their beef is pretty decent which is generally what makes or breaks a chinese for me. My only complaint would be the delivery service. Guy arrived to my door looking for 17.10 (delivery included). I handed him a 20 and he asked if I had anything smaller..... He only had a 50 and a 20 on him because he "just started his shift". He literally didn't have one coin on him....
    Ended up taking the food anyway after giving him an earful (too hungover and hungry to tell him to piss off). Rang the restaurant to let them know but nothing came of it. Absolutely incredible for a delivery guy to go out without a float and then look at the customer like it's their problem. Won't be ordering again.

Advertisement