Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW SKY CARDS(latest information)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Cork Viwer

Once you recive your new sky and you place it in your digi box than any old type Sky card including FTA will no longer work all you will get is a message "CARD INVALID" Got my new card today and this is what happened. Both my old Sky card and my FTA card went like this after the digi box activated the new card..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Interesting. Anyone else?

We will have to see if new type FTV cards work with new type sub cards.

I've deleted the other thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

DO NOT USE YOUR NEW CARD
    Info much appreciated Cork Viwer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,392 ✭✭✭irishgeo

so until i get both my new irish sub card and my FTV card i should not put either into my digibox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 zak

Also this happened to my card this morning when my new card was put in the box. Contacted the guy who I got my FTA card off and he told me this was happening but with a new FTA card it was ok. He is sending me a new card should have in the morning and I will keep you informed..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

Repost from Digital Spy
    Issue of cards for old customers or BBC customers
    I can tell you for a fact if you have an expired Sly Digital card you WILL NOT be getting a replacement.........if you have a registered BBC card you will be recieveing an updated card in due course

All series 1 cards will be turned off on or arounf Early to Mid April, dependant on the roll out of all the cards

One big reason the old cards being switched off with exeption to the hack fears is the users of expired cards abroad and hence for this reason the older cards will not work and unless you are registered with the BBC for a FTA card will have to source one by your own means

Now for my and other sake please dont jam the bbc line asking for cards yet as we havent an allocation for other customers not registered yet and will get the line "There is no need to panic as yet as the cards arent in mass circulation and will not be switched off for a while yet" We have allocation for all registered customers to date and as such will be rolling out on the same time scale as the Sly ones, id advise anyone not covered by a proper subscription to Sly to hang fire till the end of the month and then phone the BBC line and get registered that way youll be on the list and will give time to sort everything out without interupting your viewing

And as far as im aware there is NO NEED to connect the digibox to the line in order to activate the new card, for obvious reason Sly like to have the box plugged in to keep as much info on you as they can and theres no activation im aware off that requires this method or procedure, so if you dont want to connect then dont..............hope this helps

I think we are starting to make progress with the 'New Sky Cards' jigsaw puzzle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Here's what west sat Emailed me regarding new FTA cards

Please do not worry. I have had no problems with the new cards. If there are any problems with any cards I supply I will guarantee I will sort it out. Regarding the replacements I will send the cards out when they arrive free of charge. Also if there is any problems with them I will also guarantee I will sort it out.

Kind Regards

Luke Davy

I got a FTA card from them some time ago and found them to be very efficent so here's hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,467 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

They're automatically going to send out replacements to existing customers, free of charge? Fair play to them if they are..... Nice one, Luke.

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭modrover

I have a UK Digi - Box and an Irish Box. Spoke to Luke yesterday and ordered my new card for the UK Box.
    He stated that the box will not have to be connected to a telephone line & that my old UK card would still work in the Uk Box.
    The relatives will have to wait another while for the old UK Card! which will work in an Irish Box (without BBC though) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭muffinhead

Does this mean that the new English FTV cards will work along side the new Irish Sky Sub cards?

Who should I get to activate the new FTV card, me or my friend in the UK?

• Advertisement

Sorry, muffinhead...... but have you read any of the "Clarity on UK FTV card" thread ? Its all there. Honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by digitaldr
    Regarding the replacements I will send the cards out when they arrive free of charge. Also if there is any problems with them I will also guarantee I will sort it out.

i was only thinking about this this morning. i have nothing but good things to say about them more so after reading that :)

i'm a happy man :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    i was only thinking about this this morning. i have nothing but good things to say about them more so after reading that :)

i'm a happy man :):)

I have also found them very helpful and efficient. I have got a nr of cards from them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Icehouse

What region are West Sat cards registered to, please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭arkles

West Country (Devon)

Recived my new FTA card this morning as promised by the card supplier in Cork. Placed in in my digibox and presto it worked within 30sec. now it also works along side my new Sky card. thank God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Leesider

>>>Recived my new FTA card this morning as promised by the card supplier in Cork<<<

Is there a FTA card supplier operating in Cork??

So you now have a FTA card and a Sky Sub card, both with the new format (house logo), working side-by-side in your digibox?

Please confirm (or is your sub card the old format??)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by zak
    Recived my new FTA card this morning as promised by the card supplier in Cork. Placed in in my digibox and presto it worked within 30sec. now it also works along side my new Sky card. thank God.

Well this is excellent news. You have an ICDG Exclusive!

Can't say I like the new cards though. At least the new installations! :mad:

Aye, looking good. Congrats sir! :)

Leesider
    I can confirm that I got my card from a guy in Cork who also supplied a few of my mates with FTV no problems.

Both my FTV & Sky card are the new type cards with the housie thingy on the front

Regards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Leesider

Thanks, Zak.

Hopefully no more sleepless nights now :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Damo or ICDG,

Can we get some sort of guideline for allowing relevant information. The new cards thread is turing into a "tell me", "and me", "me too" thread. I think that if something is relevant then it should be OK to say it.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Jimmyireland

I agree

Hello!?

We're not Larry Gogan's lunchtime request line! And I'm not Larry Gogan!

This thread is for people who either get new type FTA cards or new type Irish sub cards, and if they work together. Its breaking news, so new posts are welcome.

It is up to the user if he wants to discuss with people on this forum in a private way, Zak does not have PM or e-mail turned on on his profile. If he wants to, he can. If another person posts up another "I wanna know" post, they're banned for a week.

ffs, did someone drop a bag of sweets in the playground?

Dear oh dear.

I will leave those posts here over the weekend, to give Zak a chance to see them, but then they're gone.

:mad:

Sorry guys I started a bit of a traffic jam in this thread..

Mod edit: Sorry Zak, just a heads up on this. Is it ok to put up a person phone number on a public forum like this? i.e is that cool with him? I also have to ask, does he charge, cos if he does, you're pimping, and thats not allowed here and boards.ie as a whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 digitalman

hi guy's,

I have a uk fta card of the old type and cannot contact the original owner.As the old cards will expire i am in a PANIC to have it replaced.
    I am sorry to be asking another one of those how do i get type questions again.
    All i want to know is how do i contact West Sat? do they have an email etc? I have searched through the thread and can't find anywhere that tells me where to go.

SORRY AGAIN if it was already asked....

cheers digitalman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭redzer007

Have most people at this point received their new cards? or is it just a random few, no sign my end yet (dublin)

New customers here are getting the new cards, but existing customers here in Ireland have yet to receieve them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

has every one got here new card

Advertisement