Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tune ID?(Need help on finding a tune name? post here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭johnl

Okay, got it already!
    Like This, Like That by Se:Sa.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭pad180

knird evol wrote: »
    Your pushing your luck now !! :D
    you must have the union jack remix theres the other
    http://www.mediafire.com/?8icbzxmbcnx

yea the union jack mix checked it last night
    fair play knird evol ..its a long time since i
    heard the original .. ah the memories r all coming back
    now. thanks again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭locked 1

Can anybody id this please mick walsh played it in sides http://download.yousendit.com/232CED356F6C7A70
    thanks if you can

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=HjPeFIEEY24&feature=related

Anybody know the name of the track that bounces in @ 3.50. Is it one of his own??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

dun laoire are you the same namesake as has all the oldskool videos on youtube? can u pm me and tell me how to stick a picture with an mp3 so i can upload it to youtube. using flash mx?

also, few tunes lookin to id, absolute classic, never knew the name of this one, im sure its obvious to some of you,
    1. "if theres a hell below, we're all gonna go"
    2. next tune, this is vague, mark kavanagh playes it all the time, its a fast melody that gets higer every 4 or 8 then drops down and theres a sound like an electronic spinback!! then a heavy bass kicks in..very fast tempo tune. sum1 told me before it was called proud & mary - midi jump but i dont think so. (i know that tune, have a mix of it on vinyl)
    3. lastly, what is the proper name for "this world is a ghetto, we are livin in a ghetto"

thank you very much in advance..

playin on the laptop in a gaf party saturday night, lookin to get all the classics we all remember from the oldskool nights in the tt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

copeyhagen wrote: »
    1. "if theres a hell below, we're all gonna go"
    Glam - Hell's Party

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

download imeem and you can record them-quality is good but wouldnt play it in a club or anything-fine for bedroom though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNpNq4r7uPM

somebody tell me the name of that tune, its amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNpNq4r7uPM

somebody tell me the name of that tune, its amazing!
    Chemical Brothers - Surface to air

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Chemical Brothers - Surface to air

Sound thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭im_invisible

whats the name of the tune that goes "one, two, three, four, ladies, fellas, you want some more? say aaaah push it push it" or words to that effect, its recent charty dance, like camelle jones/ fedde le grand/ that type of thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZl165WDjDA

Instrumental original is way better than the Princess Superstar re-work, but then I hate anything that has a vocal added just to get it in the charts...can't really blame artists; it's what the masses want...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 stevokelly

Looking for a Dance tune from years ago, i'm talking like maybe 10 years ago. Some of the main Lyrics are "Here come the big base Drum, kicking the base as we pick up the pace......." Anyone ever heard it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭im_invisible

thats the one, cheers.

havent heard the original.. yeah, sometimes the added vocal works, a lot of the time it dosnt, the only one i can think of off the top of my head where it works really well is chicane/ powercircle - offshore '97 (thats over 10 years ago??)

stevokelly wrote: »
    Looking for a Dance tune from years ago, i'm talking like maybe 10 years ago. Some of the main Lyrics are "Here come the big base Drum, kicking the base as we pick up the pace......." Anyone ever heard it??
    Strangley enough it's called "Big Bass Drum" by Shades Of Rhythm

Ah Cool. Nice one BaZmO*. Any idea where I can get the tune or download it?

Don't know where you'd download it but you'd deffo get it in Abbey Discs.

I have it on vinyl at home, if I get a chance (and if I can find it!!) I'll rip it and upload it for ya.

Ah fair play to ya. That would be much appreciated!!! :D

thats the one, cheers.

havent heard the original.. yeah, sometimes the added vocal works, a lot of the time it dosnt, the only one i can think of off the top of my head where it works really well is chicane/ powercircle - offshore '97 (thats over 10 years ago??)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHyCnanvMEw

Don't get me wrong, I love vocal house and even vocal electro, but intrumental with cut and paste singalongs don't work fullstop, bar gaining them chart entry. It's a sell out (I don't like using that term). Pissed me off when Fragma's Toca Me got morphed into Toca's Miracle all those years ago....that started a trend that's never gone away.

• Advertisement

Wertz wrote: »
    Pissed me off when Fragma's Toca Me got morphed into Toca's Miracle all those years ago....that started a trend that's never gone away.
    It happened well before that. Gat Decor's Passion was the first one I remember, but I'm sure there were others before that.

True enough....the track I mentioned is just the one that sticks in my head.
    WRT to Gat Decor, the vocal one was the first I heard (at least that I can remember)...and I suppose that's the same for a lot of people; they'll always associate the first version they hear with being the original and/or best....it wasn't until years later that I heard the original Passion.

[edit] Ugh, just remembered the vocal they stuck on top of Congress' 40 miles when it got released...that must be 91 or earlier...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 djspilihp

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone could tell me the name of tune alex kidd played at planet love right after chemical brothers do it again. Its about 16 minutes into the set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭ve

Can anyone remember the name of a tune (from mid 90s) that had the vocals "My definition of a boombastic techno style" in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭pad180

i heard this tune on f tv last night .just caught a small bit of it woman singing ......SAY WHAT YOU WANT FROM ME ....not much to go on but someone might know cheers ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭thesoulfulldude

johnl wrote: »
    Okay, got it already!
    Like This, Like That by Se:Sa.

if its this song your man was talking about what the hell! its one of those holiday songs you just love because of memorys like rise up or the broom stick song!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭thesoulfulldude

Dun laoire wrote: »
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=HjPeFIEEY24&feature=related

Anybody know the name of the track that bounces in @ 3.50. Is it one of his own??

actually orignally i think the lyrics were accapella...
    "My House" Chuck Roberts (In the Beginning there was Jack) alot of people just mixed it into diffrent beats so i dont know the name of the one your after

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

ve wrote: »
    Can anyone remember the name of a tune (from mid 90s) that had the vocals "My definition of a boombastic techno style" in it?

You wouldn't be talking about "My Definition of a Boombastic Jazz Style" by Dream Warriors?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭a147pro

klubber101 wrote: »

The first one is Lindstrom 'The Contemporary Fix' (Feedelity). Savage tune.

Advertisement