Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Really lost in Comp Sys 3rd year...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The only thing that keeps entering my mind is that he was a very Irish name with a very un-Irish accent. It amuses me and keeps me awake in his lectures, which are quite frankly nearly as boring as the CompOrg ones.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

There were two words that he used to always mispronounce :confused: ... cannot remember off the top of my head but they were classics.

My God, this Java is seriously head wrecking. Observers and Observables? Head spinning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

I know how you feel Chris. I wish he'd have told us what you actually use them for, that would have made it 100 times easier. He's a good lecturer though, and very good in labs.

Just as well I've been to a good few Computer Networks lectures, and the last tutorial, and have an idea of what's going on. I'll set aside an hour or two later of cramming and hopefully I'll do okay-ish.

He's very good, and clear, but the material is so abstract at the moment, it's hard to grasp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

kaimera wrote:
    lads, back on topic.
    We don't want it to seem like we're engaging in [strike]in_jokes[/strike]. :v:

That's right, ladies and gentlemen, kaimera, appearing every night this week!:D :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

BossArky wrote:
    I did the M.Sc Music Tech startng Sept 03, we were in with the first year comp sys class ... yeah DSK was a showman alright.

Mus tech 03 - should i associate you with furry animals that live in fields then?? ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Actually I started in Sept 02 and finished in Sept 03, mis-type there.

I learned one thing from that test. I need to concentrate a bit more on networks. Answered only about 50% of it decently.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Thought that test was pretty okay, and I think I done reasonable enough.

Of course, Kaimera got nothing right :v:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

fu Pete :v:

I got it all right > last night anyway.

and yes folks, I'm here all week.

kaimera wrote:
    and yes folks, I'm here all week.

I am missing something there? Go away for one week and come back totally lost... Actually I was always lost, but that's cos I'm a girl => *thick*:rolleyes:

klong wrote:
    kaimera wrote:
    lads, back on topic.
    We don't want it to seem like we're engaging in [strike]in_jokes[/strike].

That's right, ladies and gentlemen, kaimera, appearing every night this week!:D :rolleyes:

:v:

klong wrote:
    440hz wrote:
    I am missing something there? Go away for one week and come back totally lost... Actually I was always lost, but that's cos I'm a girl => *thick*

There there 440 *pats head*

In the words of Malibu Stacy "Dont ask me, I'm just a girl!" :v:

You know, Pacman only has one eye on that side Technically, that's one of the Pong Players from the webcomic Multi Pong Reply.

And I did bad in the best :(

Peteee wrote:
    There there 440 *pats head*

In the words of Malibu Stacy "Dont ask me, I'm just a girl!" :v:

AHHHHHH thanks! sure you know im stupid! I always require direct instructions and translation... otherwise I just don't get it... it is a genetic disorder. Oops off topic... <slap>

test you mean? :v:

Rozie wrote:
    You know, Pacman only has one eye on that side Technically, that's one of the Pong Players from the webcomic Multi Pong Reply.

I'll hear no more against the smiley. Best smiley ever :v: ***********

As for the test, I wouldnt worry bout it, It's 10% so it's not the end of the world

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Actually in the original, I thought Pac-man didn't have any eyes...

As for the test, as Rory put it, it was almost "civilised"

Are there any good online resources to learn this networking stuff from?

• Advertisement

I couldn't really find anything good. Best to just get the book (or just photocopy the first 10 chapters).

His notes are all over the place. No structure to them at all. Very hard to make them out.

I have really good networking notes from UCC, I'll bring them back with me after the week-end, anyone who wants to copy em can...

Cool :)

Well lads if its any comfort to you I got an A2 in networks a few years ago, ......so it is possible :p

got his project spec there.

*chuckle*

so we're all aiming for teh a2 :)

We have a networking project too? Man.....

So that's Data Struct, Java, Systems Analysis and Networking projects to have done? Why not kill us and get it over with? :)

Ugh. I hate this. I'm not in the mood for projects... I thought this would be an easy semester and it's the worst yet.

Slightly off topic. Ordered that networking book from amazon.co.uk last Thurs. Arrived today. Good stuff.

• Advertisement

Decisions. I can take a retail full time job with good managerial oppertunities with a starting wage of €2000 a month plus commission of up to 150% of basic salary. That's nearly 36grand a year.

That or slug away on a course I'm rapidly losing interest in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement