Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pes5 baby

Options
  • 19-10-2005 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

Omg it is been a quick year pes5 out in the next two dayd who is gettin it ? i kno i certainly am!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

ity will be Saturday before i get it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

Hopefully I'll be able to pick one up 2moro evening(thursday)! But we'll see, otherwise I'll be gettin it first thing sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I'm converting to the PC version, so I've to wait another week.
    Not bothered really... have the demo (with expander) to keep me happy til then.
    Can remember back to this time last year with PES4 being released.
    I think Game had it on sale on the Thursday evening (it was supposed to be on sale Friday).
    On the luas home, there were loads of lads who had picked up a copy after work and were reading the manual :D

not being released on PC this week?

Mossy Monk wrote:
    not being released on PC this week?
    Think it's next week for PC, but console released tomorrow.
    I ordered from play.com (€30 I think...sweet!) and havent heard anything from them.
    They usually send an email once despatched.

yup - they have 28/10 as release date for PC

• Advertisement

nice, the 28th is my day off

Mossy Monk wrote:
    nice, the 28th is my day off
    Gonna be a constructive day off then? :D
    I'm really getting to love the demo now... it took a while to adjust, but it's far superiour than PES4.
    Just a matter of waiting for all the kits/pitch/names etc.. patches to start rolling out and then the game will be amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭wheelbarrow

Was thinking of buying a PS2 and the ISP5....as well as the forthcoming GAA game.....is a PS2 worth the money or will i just stick with my PC....

Was thinking of buying a PS2 and the ISP5....as well as the forthcoming GAA game.....is a PS2 worth the money or will i just stick with my PC....
    If you have a good high spec PC that can take PES5, stay with it.
    (have you tried the demo yet?).
    It looks much better and so easy to update with real kits etc.
    It's even better if you get PS2 controllers and a PS2 to PC USB adapter to use them.

Not sure what the GAA game is going to be like - very little info known about it at the moment. I've only seen a few seconds of gameplay (from the ad) and would need to see much more.
    Mind you, I'm sure you could pick up a PS2 on the cheap ... depending how flush you are :)
    You can always check the shop forum here - it's got its own FS consoles section.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Im getting the pc version from Play.com . Only a little more to wait [eagerly runs to the post flap in the door and peeps out through it hoping for the postman to arrive]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Having played it for 2 weeks or so, im undecided about pes5, hopefully the retail version will improve over the gameplay flaws.

Players do the most retarded things, such as a wing backs covering central opposition midfield runners, and exposing there side.

Silly little things, which encourage you to double up and play more defensive to compensate for the retarded player AI.

Big Ears wrote:
    Im getting the pc version from Play.com . Only a little more to wait [eagerly runs to the post flap in the door and peeps out through it hoping for the postman to arrive]
    As am I.... nice price too!!
    Anyone know about playing online with PC PES5?
    Cant seem to get any info about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

i got it!!!!!!!!!!! wooooooohoooooo gamestop the legends €55. why am i still typing? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

well i'm jealous!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Ive been playing it for about three months. The more I play it, the less I like it. The only changes I like are the new animations and the keepers long throw. Every other change simply makes the game more frustrating.

Tusky wrote:
    Ive been playing it for about three months. The more I play it, the less I like it. The only changes I like are the new animations and the keepers long throw. Every other change simply makes the game more frustrating.
    What about the shooting?
    What about the improved crossing?

I think the game is far better than 4.
    Actually, I remember being the exact same as you after playing PES4 for a month or so... I just couldnt get the same enjoyment as I did from PES3.
    I took a break for a few weeks, then did a Master League.... it was like love at first sight! :p

Whats the main niggles that annoy you?
    Would you go back to PES4 or...(god forbid) get FIFA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

whiskeyman wrote:
    If you have a good high spec PC that can take PES5, stay with it.
    (have you tried the demo yet?).
    It looks much better and so easy to update with real kits etc.
    It's even better if you get PS2 controllers and a PS2 to PC USB adapter to use them.

Not sure what the GAA game is going to be like - very little info known about it at the moment. I've only seen a few seconds of gameplay (from the ad) and would need to see much more.
    Mind you, I'm sure you could pick up a PS2 on the cheap ... depending how flush you are :)
    You can always check the shop forum here - it's got its own FS consoles section.

Can you tell me more about thes PS2 to PC adapters....where can I get one, how do they work. My PS2 broke, so Im switching to PES on the PC, which Ive never experienced before.

whiskeyman wrote:
    What about the shooting?
    What about the improved crossing?

I think the game is far better than 4.
    Actually, I remember being the exact same as you after playing PES4 for a month or so... I just couldnt get the same enjoyment as I did from PES3.
    I took a break for a few weeks, then did a Master League.... it was like love at first sight! :p

Whats the main niggles that annoy you?
    Would you go back to PES4 or...(god forbid) get FIFA?

I find the shooting anoying. Alot of the time the players almost pass the ball to the keeper when I have but enough pressure for a powerful shot.

Main things that anoy me ( this is after ALOT of play, im not just waffling! )

Everytime you beat a player they seem to catch up on you in a instant and push you off the ball. I know this was in 4 but tis gotten MUCH worse. Fowls every 2 seconds...I know they are trying to make it realistic and in in football these days players go down alot easier but its just anoying. Through ball has been completely gimped. Much more often than in 3, the through ball will go to someone in a stupid position rather than the guy whos running towards goal...

The pasing anoys me as well, often the player wont put enough power in the pass and it will be easily intercepted. Or they will just pass to the other team...The players first touch on the ball ( in which they hit it miles ahead of them ) seems to happen alot more and is constantly losing me possesion. I also dont like the slower pace of the game. Sometimes the players feel far too sluggish.

I could go on but I wont. If the online play is good in the PC version ill stick with it. Otherwise its back to three for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

i got mine earlier too. xbox version

looks brilliant. plays slower. will take some gettin used to. a lot harder to score tbh. im goin to play some online now.

evad_lhorg wrote:
    i got mine earlier too. xbox version

looks brilliant. plays slower. will take some gettin used to. a lot harder to score tbh. im goin to play some online now.

oooh, do report back on the online play.

• Advertisement

Jamey wrote:
    Can you tell me more about thes PS2 to PC adapters....where can I get one, how do they work. My PS2 broke, so Im switching to PES on the PC, which Ive never experienced before.
    It's far better... if you're on broadband, you'll be able to get brilliant licenced kits / balls etc... full patches that make the game so much better.

You can get the adapter in Game for around €14.
    Play.com also do them for around €10 - and theirs can take 2 controllers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Its crap Fifia kicks it ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

played a bit of it on the ps2 last night and have to agree with Tusky. Its far too slow now! The players look like they're trudging through muck compared to pes4.

Passing has also taken a turn for the worst. One of the main things I liked about PES was that passing the ball out from the defenders was generally safe (like real life) Now you can have FIFA syle incidents where a simply pass goes astray and someone's in on goal!

First touch is also retarded as well. Have to say that first impressions are very bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 fightinirish

I have to say to this comment and the comments made by Vorbis.

Fifa is the most unrealistic, extremely boring footie game ever.
    You have to have the mental age of a two year old, to honestly think
    that Fifa is better than Pe5.
    PE5 is so realistic, you need a challenge you cant just press x fifteen times
    and pass the ball from player to player, wheres the skill involved in that??
    In Fifa you just press shoot and its a goal, games end up 42-38, again wheres the challenge, realism and enjoyment.

I have been playing pro evo since the start and every time a new version came out, I thought it was slower, harder to control etc etc, then when you play a couple of times, you notice how more realistic it is. I could spend all day pointing out the pros of pe5 to the cons of fifa06, but i'd be wasting my breath, as some people just haven't got a clue.

every year more and more people realise how much better Pro evo is than fifa, only kids are left playing fifa.

thats my 2 cents anyway.

ricey wrote:
    Its crap Fifia kicks it ass.

do you partake in the X-Box v Playstation v Gamecube debates also?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

first impressions werent great, only managed about 6 or 7 games yesterday (and one this morning before work lol), the first touch is REALLY annoying me, and the foul situation is just extracting the urine i have to say, you cant press x to try and get the ball without commiting a foul.. the pace is stupid slow..

scored a wicked volley though this morning which cheered me up a bit about it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Its great - a bit less arcadey and a little harder. And the randomness adds a bit more realism. Theres much more chance of getting turned over by a lesser team on account of a fluke, which hopefully will add a bit more longevity. Theres nothing that pisses me off more about PES than winning the Master League and getting a good team only to find yourself winnning 5-0 every week. Wheres the challenge?

Still the same rubbish ML though, still no ability to move clubs either.

Just need a good patch and optionfile for the xbox version now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Haven't got the game yet. But the fact that lots of you are finding it very difficult with first touch, pressing, etc. initially is a good omen for me i reckon.

Ive ALWAYS struggled badly with each new release of PES but always come to love it and eventually even get good at it.

I love that steep learning curve. Sounds like im in for a treat :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 fightinirish

I agree with sofaking, every new pro evo, was hard at first, slow etc,

thought it was crap, then play it for a while and realise how class it is.

New enough to this forum, and prob going over old ground, but www.pesfan.com, the option files are great, first one released today, class.

Of course the fouling can get on your nerves, but it teaches you to be more careful, as is football nowadays, cant go near anyone without it being a foul.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

The steep learning curve is the best thing about the game...you learn to play proper football or else you will get creamed. That is why I love it. You can not just go all out attack with Brazil...you have to implement tactics and it is essential you do.

Advertisement