Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

My current Hilux. Its a 2wd, very common over here. I have a 4wd one ordered though.
    IMG_9322.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/67/75366567.html

That was the previous owners ad, but thats my baby :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

"50,000 genuine toyota miles" hahha you'd have to laugh at some people.

Lovely car, I'd be putting the standard wheels back on it if it was me, they're wub.gif

Ah they're not so bad, but i agree, they're low pro alloys.... killer on irish roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Please tell me you took off the sunvisor, is the rear plate yellow?

• Advertisement

It was yellow, had to change it so the cops wouldnt harass me, it seemed to be the rage in the place i bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

My E39 after a spit and polish

163200.JPG

The E39 always looks like its a Russian mafias car. :)

I saw a new shape 5 series with those wheels, didn't look nice at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

my asty after 3hours of wax
    s5001692.jpg

s5001695p.jpg

im finally in love with a car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

my asty after 3hours of wax
    im finally in love with a car

The Sssppponge! :eek:

Hal1 wrote: »
    The Sssppponge! :eek:

:O :O!!!

Fecking sponges!

i know sponge sponge sponge but it works for me, its easy and i love the shine. it'l piss rain later anyway :D

i know sponge sponge sponge but it works for me, its easy and i love the shine. it'l piss rain later anyway :D

Sponges hold dirt! They're the devil to the car world! Buy a proper applicator :P

i will i will,just on yere words. im perfectly happy with the shine atm though and there are no marks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

i will i will,just on yere words. im perfectly happy with the shine atm though and there are no marks :)

That you can see until looked at an angle. There'll be swirll marks, hundreds of them! Get a clay bar and some rapid detailer spray, then polish and wax. It looks alright in the pics atm though, but would be worth investing in for the next time.

thanks, but i wont lose sleep over it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

In all this time I've never put up a pic so thought I may as well, although technically its Mrs.Delly's car, bought 2 years ago from Alasta Autos.

It is an '02 Punto HLX 16v and has served me well. It was initially bought as a second motor for Mrs.Delly to learn in and didn't get too much use up until I lost my company motor last year. Since then it hasn't put a foot wrong and was in use every day last year during the big freeze. I'm currently on the lookout for an auto replacement, but will be sad to see her go when the time comes.
    23042011160.jpg

id give that punto a bigger like if it was an 8v :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

id give that punto a bigger like if it was an 8v :D

Why? Supposedly they're more prone to headgasket failure.

We had a 2003 Punto 1.2 8v with the same alloys on it as above and it wasn't a bad car. By the time I sold it it was losing a lot of oil though and seeping at the rocker cover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

VolvoMan wrote: »

We had a 2003 Punto 1.2 8v with the same alloys on it as above and it wasn't a bad car. By the time I sold it it was losing a lot of oil though and seeping at the rocker cover.
    they're alloys?!?!

look like hubcaps :eek:

VolvoMan wrote: »

Well yes they are, but they are a simple car and one I'll always love dearly after having one. She was called Betsy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Nice Punto delly. Funny enough it will be one of them or a Bravo I hope to pick up when I get a some cash in the near future :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I went for the 16v specifically for the reason that its not subjected to the head gasket issues that the 8v models are. She's a decent spec with a/c, electric sunroof and even follow me home lights, I just hope its successor lives up to the same reputation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

The very reason I'm looking for one myself, wouldn't touch the 8v.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

Buy a proper applicator :P

Any recommendations..?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

batman2000 wrote: »
    Any recommendations..?

Meguiars Foam applicator pad

Meguiars Even-Coat applicator pad

A good D/A buffer

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭selfbuildkk

5846478917_93cc4b47fb.jpg
    13062011 by gburnsie1, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

My current mode of transport
    img5249edit.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Is that the one with a carbon bonnet that another boardsie drove not long ago?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement