Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Christ Cyrus, I feel a massive sense of deja vu.
    Must be a fault in the matrix ;)

must be which pill did ya swallow :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Tinted my front lights and indicators!

golfmods2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Removed the stripes, still need to clean up the residue a bit:
    dsc5102w.jpg
    dsc5088y.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I know its a big car but surely you can squeeze it into smaller pictures? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

You could host a tea party and poker games on the front bumper :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

WAY nicer without them stickers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Seperate would do an excellent job at removing that residue!! Give it to him for a day ;)

Seperate would do an excellent job at removing that residue!! Give it to him for a day ;)

So would petrol :p

• Registered Users Posts: 28,670 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Tinted my front lights and indicators!
    Now for your next mod, you can add integrated DRL's into the indicators, like this:

C360_2010-09-1719-45-24.jpg

I like it anyway! :). Don't mind the camera flash.. in real life you can still see the indicators working perfectly.

And at night....

C360_2010-09-1421-41-44.jpg

You could host a tea party and poker games on the front bumper :D

The wide angle lens I used is, uh, accentuating it somewhat but it is still quite large :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

@Kaiser 2000

Do your indicators still work properly looks great btw nice job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Now for your next mod, you can add integrated DRL's into the indicators, like this:

Nice! Where did you buy them and how easy it to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Im liking those DRL's

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Excellent! What exact DRLs are they? Ive tried a few before but they always looked like 5 LEDs not a nice bar like that.

Also a shameless plug for a car Im selling, but dont think I ever posted it here before anyhow.

3.0 Straight 6 of smoothness:
    IMG_0941.jpg
    IMG_0948.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭vespahead

img_0014.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Awesome car, Vespahead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

my baby. Reluctantly trying to sell her at the moment...

IMG_3847.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

So would petrol :p

I'm sure he's already wasting enough petrol with it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

Was just looking at it thinking i'd love to have that roll in sometime soon... then i looked at the reg plate :( It'd be a serious commute!

Hah, yeah, only about 5600 miles.

• Advertisement

Mein automobile.
    IMG_01301.jpg

150bhp with a 1.4 exhaust system. :pac: Soon to be upgraded to full turbo back miltek system.

Currently have heavy 18 inch RS6 reps which will be swapped in the next week or 2 for 17 inch Chicane lightweights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Was going to ask what engine was in that but then I just typed <reg> into mywheels.ie :)

tuxy wrote: »
    Was going to ask what engine was in that but then I just typed <snip> into mywheels.ie :)

LOL, infairness Mr. Bonito sir, you win a medal for worst cover up... IN the world!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Give Bonito a chance to change the picture - no need to post his reg so he can't edit it.

You typed in my reg and got back 125bhp Golf Anniversary didn't you? :D

I got that too, then when I paid for the full check it comes back as a 1.8T 150bhp. :p

Thanks for the snips Eoin but I don't mind my reg being up. If I wanted to cover it up I could have easily did it. :) 99 D 89834

TimAndrews wrote: »

post deleted & user banned for pimping!!!
    Maybe next year Tim. :) The left side of my bumper is being held by a bit of handy work I did myself 'cause a friend put it over a curb and snapped the clips.

The alloys are rougher than they look in the picture and there's a chip missing from the sideskirt (dunno how that happened)

I also have to come up with some ingenious idea to fill in the space left by removing the badge and grill while hiding the screws for the bumper at the same time.

It'll all come together eventually. :D

Cheers for the comments guys! :)
    @Kaiser 2000

Do your indicators still work properly looks great btw nice job.
    Cheers.. yep they do. Here's a video of the UK car that inspired me to get a set - note that the LEDs do NOT automatically turn off when the indicators are active.. he just has them turned off in this video:

flanzer wrote: »
    Nice! Where did you buy them and how easy it to do?
    Matt Simis wrote: »
    Excellent! What exact DRLs are they? Ive tried a few before but they always looked like 5 LEDs not a nice bar like that.
    Custom made job from this guy. It's a straight swap with the existing indicator bar. I got it installed by the local garage and had him wire it in to the sidelights.
    As I always turn them on automatically anyway, that was good enough for me, but I'm sure you could have them "hard wired" too.

One thing I will say though is that in bright weather it CAN depend on the angle you look at them from as they can be partly masked by the slight overhang of the bumper, ie:

C360_2010-09-1415-44-44-1.jpg
    C360_2010-09-1415-44-09-1.jpg
    C360_2010-09-1415-40-58-1.jpg

The camera pics don't really show the true effect 100% though, but overall I'm happy with them, and I'm not likely to see another Passat with them so there's the exclusivity factor :p

and I'm not likely to see another Passat with them so there's the exclusivity factor :p

If you were into exclusivity why buy a Passat :P :pac:

RoverJames wrote: »
    If you were into exclusivity why buy a Passat :P :pac:

Touché :p but I needed a decently-sized diesel auto saloon soooo...

Next thing I'm considering doing though is this....

IMG_3458.jpg

Audi-style grille (centre chrome blacked out).. haven't decided yet though.

• Advertisement

No chrome. De-chrome the whole car. Look at PaintDoctors mini after de-chroming it. Nyom.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement