Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

dar83 wrote: »
    Good to see it attracting multiple Pussy's all the same, even for only a medium effort...

Medium correction, medium pussy... :D

I wonder how's that wastegate yoke getting a long. He clearly has enough money for water and soap! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Speedway

Neilw wrote: »
    Very nice, rare enough on our roads. How does the price compare to a Golf Gti?

Thanks. I think it's cheaper than a 2011 golf GTI but it's actually closer in spec to a Golf R, the only difference underneath is that it's FWD with an electronic limited slip differential whereas the Golf R is 4WD.
    The interior etc isn't as nice as a VW but it is a bit rarer than the the GTI on our roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Neilw

Speedway wrote: »
    Thanks. I think it's cheaper than a 2011 golf GTI but it's actually closer in spec to a Golf R, the only difference underneath is that it's FWD with an electronic limited slip differential whereas the Golf R is 4WD.
    The interior etc isn't as nice as a VW but it is a bit rarer than the the GTI on our roads.

Same engine as the edition 30 golf? If so a remap and you're up to 300bhp :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Speedway wrote: »

If you ask me, it looks a lot better then 5 door golf. And not just because its rarer!

Neilw wrote: »
    Same engine as the edition 30 golf? If so a remap and you're up to 300bhp :cool:

Yep I was thinking the same thing, to be honest it probably doesn't need it as it's pushing out nearly 265bhp as it is.
    I never remapped my current 200bhp Leon FR because it's DSG and I just didn't want to put too much strain on the gearbox.

But the Cupra R is a six speed manual so I think it's probably ripe for a remap :D

I'll put up some more pics when I collect her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I wonder how's that wastegate yoke getting a long. He clearly has enough money for water and soap! :D

Get over the wastegate thing will ya. We've all gotten over your lack of spoiler ;)

OSI wrote: »
    I'd sooner remap the DSG than a manual tbh. Most of the guys on the UK VAG forums will tell you the DSG clutches are capable of a lot more power than stock, but the manuals aren't and you'll probably end up eating a clutch.

Good to know thanks. I probably won't end up doing a remap to be honest, the 265bhp through the front wheels is plenty as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Just, out of curiosity, where abouts a remap can be done and what might be the average price?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭garclo

Marlow wrote: »
    VRT'd this recently.

Pretty much my daily at the moment.

/M

I was beside you today on the athlone bypass at about 3:45pm. didn't know what the hell it was coming down the sliproad beside me. cool looking van!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,510 ✭✭✭✭vectra

GvidoR wrote: »
    Just, out of curiosity, where abouts a remap can be done and what might be the average price?

Joe Power is your man ;)

On another note
    Pic of my car from a photoshoot last night.

923415_459685514120046_1238495893_n.jpg

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

lol, that's not him but thanks for the laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

vectra wrote: »
    On another note
    Pic of my car from a photoshoot last night.
    You have it looking well Vectra - but I'm afraid I still prefer the white you had before it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 28,847 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

These guys are on the ball too. They've a great setup.

Westward Engineering.

BX 19 wrote: »
    These guys are on the ball too. They've a great setup.

Westward Engineering.

Their dyno is known for over-estimating bhp output. Joe's is a lot more truthful.

Quazzie wrote: »

Damn, they don't remap Lada's.

My Xsara can gain 9 BHP and 16NM Torque, lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

601712_558811550829563_1671864271_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

...And only 4 hours from the ring, and all that lovely autobahn to get you there :).

Hal1 wrote: »
    ...And only 4 hours from the ring, and all that lovely autobahn to get you there :).

*Actual location may in fact be Cork!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Anything done to her or completly standard?

Hal1 wrote: »
    Anything done to her or completly standard?

Totally standard, only 24000kms on the clock. The plan is to keep it the way it is for a while...maybe get it chipped down the line if I start to think its a bit too civilized, but at the moment its plenty quick!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

got the civic skanger banger home :P actually pretty pleased with it tbh! 124k miles on it, driving pretty sweet, a little rattle from the release bearing i think and a blow in the exhaust. bodywork and interior are a little tatty but nothing too concerning. we wanted something needing work, but not "too much". so this was ideal. test out for 2 years, tax out 2 months, lying up around a year i believe which did show.

we gave it a quick wash and a hoover tonight and imo its a diamond in the rough :) some bang off the sub :pac:

fuud86.jpg
    v45qp2.jpg
    4zyult.jpg
    52nyw1.jpg
    35842yt.jpg
    345d2it.jpg
    4tm5w4.jpg
    dwyotw.jpg
    66l0te.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

mooman wrote: »
    *Actual location may in fact be Cork!

Were you parked in the Blackrock Inn Industrial Estate car park today? Saw an orange ST there and thought it looked really well, I think it looks better than the blue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

The Civic looks well tidy! Best of luck man, well wear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

dgt wrote: »
    The Civic looks well tidy! Best of luck man, well wear :)

I like the wheels....:o :D

Looks well Andy! Keep 'er straight!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Thanks lads :) very happy with it, looking forward to spending a few evenings throwing sugar at it :pac:

has a good few remnants of skanger about it, aka, the badgeless grille, alloys and sub, but its reversable stuff. the two front tyres appeared to be brand new before it was parked up along with a few other bits so its not all bad.

finished college today so looking forward to a summers tinkering with the missus. excuse the pun :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Thanks lads :) very happy with it, looking forward to spending a few evenings throwing sugar at it :pac:

has a good few remnants of skanger about it, aka, the badgeless grille, alloys and sub, but its reversable stuff. the two front tyres appeared to be brand new before it was parked up along with a few other bits so its not all bad.

finished college today so looking forward to a summers tinkering with the missus. excuse the pun :D

:eek: It's spotless.. Looks like a super buy dude. Best of luck, also what are the plans for it?

The interior needs to absolutely reek of stale cigarette smoke in order to complete the skangerness :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Yeti feels at home up here

1255624264B34FA8AD81740E4387E82C-0000322601-0003238937-00800L-EC93A0037EDB4EB5820ED09E3E2DC955.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement