Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭voteforpedro

911 996 3.6 carrera 4

Think i saw you in spawell yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Yeh out of curiousty what is the tax on the mps? Around the 800 mark is it?

Mine is €925 at the end of the month. Up for €860 :(

Shadow - it's actually the torque limiter in 1st and 2nd that causes that. It's easily removed with Hypertech or Versatune. I'm going to be investing in Versatune soon enough. That limiter will be gone, bhp up to 300, torque up to 500 Nm, different timing and also launch control :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

500nm, faaaack

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Jesus that's some torque! You're going to make a few TDI fan boys cry with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

CianRyan wrote: »
    Jesus that's some torque! You're going to make a few TDI fan boys cry with that.

And also make TestTransmission cry with the torque too...:D She's gonna be some machine MM!

• Advertisement

The worst part for me is making myself part with about 600 quid for the software alone. I'm just finished paying off my car so I think I'll be stuck for a few quid in a while haha fook it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭shanec1928

more pictures and less chat :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

more pictures and less chat :pac:

C`MON THE ROVERS! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭JackCharlton

Think i saw you in spawell yesterday?

haha yep that was me !

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Mine is €925 at the end of the month. Up for €860 :(

Shadow - it's actually the torque limiter in 1st and 2nd that causes that. It's easily removed with Hypertech or Versatune. I'm going to be investing in Versatune soon enough. That limiter will be gone, bhp up to 300, torque up to 500 Nm, different timing and also launch control :)

Do you mean it wil be some sort of remap? Who will do it for ya in Ireland? 300hp and 500Nm sounds great, but will it hold on stock internals etc?

• Advertisement

Do you mean it wil be some sort of remap? Who will do it for ya in Ireland? 300hp and 500Nm sounds great, but will it hold on stock internals etc?

Yup, connect laptop to OBDII port with supplied cable, software then copies the stock the map and replaces it with a new one. I'll be getting a lad in England to make up a base map for me from a data log I'll send him. He sends it back as a tuned map then I can tweak it in any parameter I want or send it back to him to do it.

Stock internals are capable of holding 330bhp and 500Nm, if you want more than that you have to upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

936c6555.jpg

Needed a clean...

I took a few mor last night after I had it washed and waxed

7229792630_527a6ab480_z.jpg
    EM1 lightpainting/strobe shots by philipmchugh, on Flickr

7229793744_5870324c2c_z.jpg

7229794410_8e1ccd5417_z.jpg

I took a few more last night after I had it washed and waxed

7229792630_527a6ab480_z.jpg

7229793744_5870324c2c_z.jpg

7229794410_8e1ccd5417_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭weekaizer

duno if its an upgrade or a downgrade but had to have a bmw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

weekaizer wrote: »
    duno if its an upgrade or a downgrade but had to have a bmw!

You have a grand view from your house

eth0 wrote: »
    You have a grand view from your house

+1 you're also a ba$tard for having a lovely garage :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Need some opinions guys, on my car above, would you replace the front "kidney grills" with black ones, or leave them be?
    My E34 track car has black kidneys. I think it looks good, though in photos you loose the contrast and detail and it doesnt look as well as the reality. Most people only see photos, so they get a warped impression.

Not every BMW has chrome kidneys anyhow (E31 coming to mind).

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

206298.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

I collect it today with new color on front bumper and it's shiny so i took few picture of it :)
    10167974.jpg
    64660753.jpg
    25685391.jpg
    81113938.jpg
    15630826.jpg
    86055297.jpg
    thumbnmail.png

• Advertisement

It's gorgeous Marcinek but will you please please please please oh please remove those badges which do not belong :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

It's gorgeous Marcinek but will you please please please please oh please remove those badges which do not belong :p

What you meant so say was ''She needs moar low ladddddddd''...

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Stance laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad :p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Marcinek, nice clk, what is it really is? this is the first one newer shaped clk that looks class. i had older one and i prefer older ones looks. i am still quite shocked how newer shaped ones hold their value!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

Very well kept marcinek, I think I seen your car today? Carpark for maxi zoo behind rovers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

ShadowHearth it's CLK240. Maybe it's look class for you because of this AMG package. The only one thing what's not AMG is engine. There was one engine for sale (V8 5.4L from AMG) for less than 2000e but i had no money at the time.

MetzgerMeister i like them badges :) But seriously i know i should remove them but then back will be look so empty :(

166man, Jimbob 83 that car is not look that high in real only on the photos. I would change a few things in this car including lowering it but i'm the kind of person who change a car too often to change anything in them. This is a car which is good for me and i feel good in it so i think i will keep it for a while but not long enough for changes :)

bfocusd yes that was me. Pictures were taken on the car park there :)

Thanks for comments :)

It wouldn't look empty if you had a CLK240 badge on it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Get over the badges lads! Everyone to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

My 850CSi meeting other classic BMW's at BMW Classic Ireland / Mark Allens Show'n'Shine today (which was great btw):40ce5513.jpg
    97e2712c.jpg

Really wish I remember by proper camera instread being stuck with iPhone photos though. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Matt Simis wrote: »
    My 850CSi meeting other classic BMW's at BMW Classic Ireland / Mark Allens Show'n'Shine today
    Really wish I remember by proper camera instread being stuck with iPhone photos though. :(

That's your car :eek:

I was perving over it today damn it's mighty fine man ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement