Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

DrMorphine wrote: »

Oh am I jealous of that!
    Do you love it?! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

gollywog wrote: »
    Oh am I jealous of that!
    Do you love it?! :o

Only had it a couple of weeks and yes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

Only had it a couple of week and yes :D

Well wear man! :)
    How do you find the economy?
    Thinking of one of these myself atm.
    What else do you like about it?? Go on sell me!! :D

gollywog wrote: »
    Well wear man! :)
    How do you find the economy?
    Thinking of one of these myself atm.
    What else do you like about it?? Go on sell me!! :D

I haven't measured exactly yet (will let tank go empty before next refill and check exactly) but €50 lasts me about 2 weeks/300kms which is about half a tank . It really depends on how you drive it. If you put the foot down and have some fun its going to drink petrol but for everyday driving the economy is much better than I thought it would be. Id say its about 30-35mpg on my work runs. Coming from a 1.4, I love that I can never have my foot down to the floor, loads of torque! It handles really well as well and sticks to the ground around corners.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I haven't measured exactly yet (will let tank go empty before next refill and check exactly) but €50 lasts me about 2 weeks/300kms which is about half a tank . It really depends on how you drive it. If you put the foot down and have some fun its going to drink petrol but for everyday driving the economy is much better than I thought it would be. Id say its about 30-35mpg on my work runs. Coming from a 1.4, I love that I can never have my foot down to the floor, loads of torque! It handles really well as well and sticks to the ground around corners.

i am looking more for astra OPC or mazda MPS, but i started to look in to these too. it looks savage in white i have to say. how much you payed for your one?

• Advertisement

i am looking more for astra OPC or mazda MPS, but i started to look in to these too. it looks savage in white i have to say. how much you payed for your one?

€10500 off a main vw dealer aswell so got year warranty, new tyres and full service etc. Was very happy with the price. It is manual/cloth which I actually prefer over the dsg/leather thankfully. I love the tartan interior :D

Edit: Also only 60k mileage and full service history. with main dealer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

€10500 off a main vw dealer aswell so got year warranty, new tyres and full service etc. Was very happy with the price. It is manual/cloth which I actually prefer over the dsg/leather thankfully. I love the tartan interior :D

Edit: Also only 60k mileage and full service history. with main dealer

I am nearly sure a guy in Kanturk owned that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Went for a spin with the lads today. Lovey day for it.

2q8djx3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Wisesmurf wrote: »
    Went for a spin with the lads today. Lovey day for it.

Where ya take that pic papa? Wicklah'?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Where ya take that pic papa? Wicklah'?

Yup, took a spin to Blessington via the sally gap. Some really good photo opps. Some of the roads are not hard suspension friendly :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

You guys are going to hate seeing this car...but here's some clean pics. With new side indicator lenses and centre caps on the wheels!:D:D

204894.JPG

204895.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭JackCharlton

911 996 3.6 carrera 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

^ Class carrera :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Need some opinions guys, on my car above, would you replace the front "kidney grills" with black ones, or leave them be?

Before I bought it I was certain I wanted the black ones, but now that it's here, and that the car is silver, I'm not so sure it'd look right! That and the trim around the windows is also silver so it might look a bit silly.

OSI wrote: »
    I say keep it silver. They just don't look right in black, almost like the trim has fallen off.

same. leave it as it is. just dont be scangarising that beemer now!

btw Alanstrainor, i demand custard pic! :pac:

OSI wrote: »
    I say keep it silver. They just don't look right in black, almost like the trim has fallen off.

Decision made. I think I knew the answer to that question before even asking, but it's good to get a second (or third/fourth/fifth!) opinion!

Cheers
    same. leave it as it is. just dont be scangarising that beemer now!

btw Alanstrainor, i demand custard pic! :pac:

Come to the next meet and I'll bring a pot just for you:D

Decision made. I think I knew the answer to that question before even asking, but it's good to get a second (or third/fourth/fifth!) opinion!

Cheers

Come to the next meet and I'll bring a pot just for you:D

a bejesus i am a big bastard, you will need a bucket! :pac:

anywya, i will only attend a meet, when i finally find the damn car i want! FFs i was sure i WANT astra/corsa OPC, but more i watch those fecking 5 gear and other reviews, the more worried i get about it... i know i wont use it on a track, but ffs they spoile all the fun, by saying: "well it is hard to steer ands its not as good on the track as others..." feck off.... :(

Now i am being boring and looking at octavia RS and fliping golf GTI...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

Drive them, before you get your knickers in a twist!

No good looking at them if front of a screen!

Fifth opinion here..keep it silver!! :)

damo86 wrote: »
    Drive them, before you get your knickers in a twist!

No good looking at them if front of a screen!

Fifth opinion here..keep it silver!! :)

true that, cant do that for aweek though. my mechanic friend is out of country for a week ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Need some opinions guys, on my car above, would you replace the front "kidney grills" with black ones, or leave them be?

Before I bought it I was certain I wanted the black ones, but now that it's here, and that the car is silver, I'm not so sure it'd look right! That and the trim around the windows is also silver so it might look a bit silly.

google images and see how they look. I agree it might look a bit silly if only the grills are in black.

• Advertisement

Idbatterim wrote: »
    google images and see how they look. I agree it might look a bit silly if only the grills are in black.

Decision made;) They're staying as they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Now i am being boring and looking at octavia RS and fliping golf GTI...:rolleyes:

What happened to the 3MPS?

What happened to the 3MPS?

2 for sale and bouth on the other side of the island :rolleyes:

looked more in to it, and turns out it has a very annoying traction control, which kills all power in first 2 gears.

i swear the feck, the more i look in to info, the worse position i get. I end up writing all the cars of the list, then next day putting them all back on it... :rolleyes:

todays flavour: Being worried about all the limitations of FWD cars and how badly they cope with power over 200hp, so i started looking in to WRX again... :rolleyes:

Please, just fecking shoot me! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I did on my 320 and liked the contrast. Cf ones can look good too. I didn't have chrome trim though so it looked more consistent than it might on yours.

One cheap mod is brushed aluminium rings to go around the dials. Sounds silly but I think it lifts the console nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

2 for sale and bouth on the other side of the island :rolleyes:

looked more in to it, and turns out it has a very annoying traction control, which kills all power in first 2 gears.

i swear the feck, the more i look in to info, the worse position i get. I end up writing all the cars of the list, then next day putting them all back on it... :rolleyes:

todays flavour: Being worried about all the limitations of FWD cars and how badly they cope with power over 200hp, so i started looking in to WRX again... :rolleyes:

Please, just fecking shoot me! :mad:
    Only problem with the MPS is the crappy high tax rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Compton wrote: »
    Only problem with the MPS is the crappy high tax rate.

Yeh out of curiousty what is the tax on the mps? Around the 800 mark is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

I always think Shadowhearth's particular version of Irish English is great. Be jesus.

Yeh out of curiousty what is the tax on the mps? Around the 800 mark is it?

960eu ish. once you are over 2.0, you are in a shiet zone. :(

Eoin wrote: »
    I did on my 320 and liked the contrast. Cf ones can look good too. I didn't have chrome trim though so it looked more consistent than it might on yours.

One cheap mod is brushed aluminium rings to go around the dials. Sounds silly but I think it lifts the console nicely.

Aye, think I'll buy some now actually. I'm all about that easy tasteful mods!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Aye, think I'll buy some now actually. I'm all about that easy tasteful mods!

Other cheapish things to do - some you may already have:

Clear lenses
    Silver indicator bulbs
    Boot lip spoiler
    Leather gearknob and handbrake gaitors if the ones you have are old or standard grey colour
    Cf roundels can look good but might look a bit too monochrome on a silver car.

Keep an eye out on fleabay for mirrors. You might get some nice m3 or acs ones.

Can't remember what else I did to my car but I did get a few things done on the cheap which I think looked subtle and not tacky.

Edit: how could I forget! CCFL angel eyes look brilliant on the e46. Even better than the oem e39 ones as they're not as yellow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement