Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭zoom_cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Its a 118d

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Sobanek wrote: »
    It's a BMW 1thatlookstheworst Series! :D

Sorry, I'm a huge fan of BMWs but this one simply doesn't appeal to me.

Other than that, nice car.

If you don't like it you should probably keep your opinion to yourself.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    If you don't like it you should probably keep your opinion to yourself.

It's a forum ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Yep, I saw it from the front first, looked great, then I walked around the side. I threw my hands up but it was too late, the image was burned into my retina. A similar number of guys were standing around it with the pained expression I remember well from them seeing my Corsa. What has been seen cannot be unseen. Nice interior though, and very quiet for a diesel.

Ah well, at least nobody commented on how dirty the 156 is.

• Advertisement

Confab wrote: »
    Yep, I saw it from the front first, looked great, then I walked around the side. I threw my hands up but it was too late, the image was burned into my retina. A similar number of guys were standing around it with the pained expression I remember well from them seeing my Corsa. What has been seen cannot be unseen. Nice interior though, and very quiet for a diesel.

Cheers sure a least I don't have to worry about a timing belt :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I didn't want to be rude...

I was gonna tag it with a sticker, but it wouldn't stick to the dirt, and I was dammed if I was cleaning your car to put it on!!!

So I settled for Marlows :D

398607_10150478234471436_553321435_9131812_1530913134_n.jpg

Tallon wrote: »
    I didn't want to be rude...

I was gonna tag it with a sticker, but it wouldn't stick to the dirt, and I was dammed if I was cleaning your car to put it on!!!

So I settled for Marlows :D

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/398607_10150478234471436_553321435_9131812_1530913134_n.jpg

Where do you get those could look well on the 1er :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

alexmcred wrote: »
    Where do you get those could look well on the 1er :)
    http://shop.thestickyrings.com/novelty-stickers/258-devil-smiley.html

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Tallon wrote: »

Feck at that price I'd get a Padre Pio sticker instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

eth0 wrote: »

A wha?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

eth0 wrote: »

I've only got a pádre pió sticker on mine, but I think this is this is the best on that site,

http://shop.thestickyrings.com/novelty-stickers/88-neverbeen.html

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Why the hell are people knocking Tall's car and alex's car?? They are both fine cars and as long as the person who owns his/her car is happy, why cause trouble on a forum just because you don't like it?

I'm all for people giving their opinion but when it borders on the point of trolling, leave it be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

bfocusd wrote: »
    I've only got a pádre pió sticker on mine, but I think this is this is the best on that site,

http://shop.thestickyrings.com/novelty-stickers/88-neverbeen.html

I had one, took it off but now to Tals generosity I have a replacement :D

That car simply does not photo well. Its a great looking car in the flesh. It has some nice details and for a change has the right extras. Someone put proper thought into speccing that car. I didn't see anyone with a pained expression looking at it. In fact anyone I spoke to had nothing but good things to say.I call bullcrap on that comment.

Alex allowed me drive it today at the meet, and if i could I'd have one in a heartbeat.

... I'd say Confab was joking about the pained expressions.

RoverJames wrote: »
    ... I'd say Confab was joking about the pained expressions.

Over dramatisation yes, but still there wasn't anything even remotely like it.

We even had a Rover today:)

:)

What Rover were ye treated to seeing?

RoverJames wrote: »
    :)

What Rover were ye treated to seeing?

A 25! But bring the ZT to one, really enjoyable day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Sorry fella, I really don't like to be rude but you're in no position to slag off anybody's car, your car is a complete shed, totally uncared for, you don't deserve a car never mind an Alfa. I normally abide by the 'if you've nothing nice to say say nothing at all' but reading your posts above gave me a sour taste

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Your Alfa made me sad when I saw it because I know it will self-destruct from neglect. I sold mine 3 months ago with 170,000 miles on it. The reason it got to 170k was because I looked after it and did to it what needed to be done WHEN it needed to be done.

If you wanted a shed to get you from A to B you should have bought an old Carina or something that's keep going forever.

For you to slag off somebody elses brand new car, that's worth 10 times what yours is is bang out if order.

Your car is a shed but nobody made comments about the dirt, the state of the bodywork and overall condition because it's your car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

I thought we were all gonna be friends always :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

@Confab, Gary ITR and CharlieCroker - drop the handbags lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Ladies please... Confabs car isn't the worst and neither is Alex's. In fact both of them are quite nice. That 1 series is growing on me and the Alfa well just fabulous..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

The 1 series didn't appeal to me personally but I can't really complain too much given that mine left on a tow truck

I'm affraid the pink Honda which pulled up was really the worst car in the car park even if the twin blonde airbags looked well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

johnos1984 wrote: »
    I'm affraid the pink Nissan which pulled up was really the worst car in the car park even if the twin blonde airbags looked well

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Think, I actually never posted pictures of the cars. Probably, because they are in the modified forum instead :)

Anyhow. Rectifying that now.

My current daily
    397119_10150512093458682_698008681_9139877_1459221463_n.jpg
    396700_10150512093113682_698008681_9139872_1772167238_n.jpg
    It's a 525d, but only identifiable as diesel, because of the smokecloud under full throttle.

Then there's my weekend/track-tool
    190484_10150146442128682_698008681_6811291_4066315_n.jpg
    12444_203667543681_698008681_3170587_4086100_n.jpg

The winter-hack, which needs a bit tlc right now, as the fuel tank is rotten
    76085_462051508681_698008681_5738270_874549_n.jpg
    76345_462051783681_698008681_5738275_1068121_n.jpg
    Audi 200 Quattro Avant. It has the 2.2 turbo engine with 200 horsies and 4WD and is the only non-modified car I own.

There's this, which is an ongoing campervan conversion
    375326_10150381080998682_698008681_8658583_857674631_n.jpg

And a peek at this years (and probably next years) project to rebuild
    316972_10150285103478682_698008681_8084589_7103309_n.jpg

Keeps me busy anyhow.

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Marlow wrote: »
    It's a 525d, but only identifiable as diesel, because of the smokecloud under full throttle.

And start up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Of course it's a shed on the outside, it's only a grand worth of car. Suits me though. Detailing cars until they gleam is pointless in my book, it won't make them drive any better. As long as the interior is leather and the mechanical bits work as advertised I'm happy, and its a million miles better than a Corsa. Besides, it's an Alfa. It's a pleasure.

Slag away, it doesn't phase me in the least.
    That 1 series is growing on me

The old one grew on me eventually, especially the saloon. I know it gets Noddy comments but it appeals to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Detailing cars until they gleam is pointless in my book, it won't make them drive any better.

Yes it will, less air resistance! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement