Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

@Bodhan- I hate you, BTW i wouldn't mind a spin in a DS3 Racing ;). If ya still have it.

I do still have it, I'll be in Dublin tomorrow and Monday morning. I'll DM a phone number if I can keep the mobs of people off the DS3, I can't park it anywhere but there's a crowd standing getting a picture with the car!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

el diablo wrote: »
    Renault Flatuence?

Unfortunate name aright but I can live with it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Bodhan wrote: »
    I do still have it, I'll be in Dublin tomorrow and Monday morning. I'll DM a phone number if I can keep the mobs of people off the DS3, I can't park it anywhere but there's a crowd standing getting a picture with the car!

Can I dyno it? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

What was the DS3 like Bodhan? Love the livery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

dylbert wrote: »
    There sweet to drive, handle much nicer than the 3 series, just need a little extra poke.
    My AS200....

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4004/4693446230_2888c5f9bc_z.jpg

Holy crap, that is gorgeous!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Tallon wrote: »
    Holy crap, that is gorgeous!

It is gorgeous as is your one. They really aged well in fairness as in they still look very modern.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

fitzgeme.......Anything you want to share with us? :D

qz wrote: »
    What was the DS3 like Bodhan? Love the livery.

In a word, Fantastic so long as your not shy about meeting new people and having everyone on the road try to race you away from the lights lol.

I want the DS3 Racing, I reeeeallllly want the Megane RS Trophy, 265bhp of pure grunt, fastest FWD car around the Ring!

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Can I dyno it? :)

207 bhp and it bangs, spits and shoots once it's near the red line. I think I might have given an old woman in Dublin a heart attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Bodhan wrote: »
    spits and shoots once it's near the red line. I think I might have given an old woman in Dublin a heart attack.

Same with my levin :D sets off car alarms, frightens people, last person to lecture me over it said : sounds like a gunshot :D
    Hate to see what it would do if i fitted a De-cat to it haha :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭phoenix_nights2

Just bought this. Purple paint is the first thing to go :)
    2011-12-17_12-01-07_59.jpg

Will need to be investigated...

2011-12-17_12-01-52_296.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Just collected this Volvo V50 2.0D today - I had planned to hold on to the Alfa GT until after Christmas, but someone happened to be interested in it so I sold it this morning.

Full?id=8362339

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

They're the nicest wheels on the S40/V50 IMO, looks a nice car.

Well wear. :)

While I'm here....

Pitlane5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭rob180

The front bumper ain't that flush fitting. Can't say iam a big fan of those Veilside-esq looking front bumper. But i do love the Supra Twin Turbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Doh !! (edit, quoted pic gonners)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Looking well DB!

rob180 wrote: »
    The front bumper ain't that flush fitting. Can't say iam a big fan of those Veilside-esq looking front bumper. But i do love the Supra Twin Turbo.

Yeah, that bumper is part of a widebody kit, and was on it when I bought the car. If I'm honest I dont like it either, which is why I have a stock bumper on the way from the UK for it.

I love the TT too, but alas, that's not what she is.....:( If things work out in the next few months I'll be doing some form of a conversion, but I'm not sure if I'm going the Turbo route or if I'll drop in a V8...
    Looking well DB!

Ta!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Yeah, that bumper is part of a widebody kit, and was on it when I bought the car. If I'm honest I dont like it either, which is why I have a stock bumper on the way from the UK for it.

I love the TT too, but alas, that's not what she is.....:( If things work out in the next few months I'll be doing some form of a conversion, but I'm not sure if I'm going the Turbo route or if I'll drop in a V8...

Ta!

Very tidy looking DB!

I had two MkIII's a number of years back, an '89 straight and a '90 TT. Both were a little rough around the edges but savage fun. I came across a MkII a couple of years back with a Lexus V8 block dropped in her. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭jaffa20

media12y.jpg
    media11.jpg
    media13.jpg
    media14.jpg

My new car. Not the best pics but love it. Really comfortable and like new!

media12y.jpgmedia12y.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭rob180

Oh yeah, a V8 with a bad ass Supercharger. :D

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Very tidy looking DB!

I had two MkIII's a number of years back, an '89 straight and a '90 TT. Both were a little rough around the edges but savage fun. I came across a MkII a couple of years back with a Lexus V8 block dropped in her. ;)

Yeah, there's a couple of Mkiv's in the UK with that 1UZ Lexus V8 dropped in, and a couple of turbo's bolted on for good measure....540bhp and a serious amount of torque.

That's the dream!

I'm considering just a straight V8 as I'll probably leave it as a road car. We'll see. :D

This might sound silly to some but I'm not really in to Turbos / Superchargers. Gimmee a big fat N/A any day.

This might sound silly to some but I'm not really in to Turbos / Superchargers. Gimmee a big fat N/A any day.

Yeah, in this case I'd agree with you. Pre 97 engines had 250bhp and and post 97 had 290bhp, which is more than enough in a road car.

It's a lighter engine than the 2Jz too, so there's a bit of weightsaving...:D

Yeah, in this case I'd agree with you. Pre 97 engines had 250bhp and and post 97 had 290bhp, which is more than enough in a road car.

It's a lighter engine than the 2Jz too, so there's a bit of weightsaving...:D

Wouldn't mind a gawk at her sometime!

You ever go to any of the Octane meets in Cherrywood?

Wouldn't mind a gawk at her sometime!

You ever go to any of the Octane meets in Cherrywood?

Yeah, I drop down there most months. What way does the meet fall over christmas?

I'll probably have it in Mondello over Christmas too for a few of the track days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

397997_408015594942_507049942_1470389_1167954938_n.jpg

401257_408015674942_507049942_1470390_1878445789_n.jpg

395804_408015764942_507049942_1470392_331225505_n.jpg

Photos taken about an hour after the MR2 was driven out of a barn for the first time in 5 years. It looks MUCH better now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

it looks ok there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

i thought if any of the motors lads saw the state 'o' me car id never be the centre of any more cleaning jokes so i washed it and here it be

4g6sf5.jpg

long shot but can anyone guess what car is on my dash? :D

1532qdk.jpg

2z8dchy.jpg

2u75evb.jpg

• Advertisement

Yeah, I drop down there most months. What way does the meet fall over christmas?

I'll probably have it in Mondello over Christmas too for a few of the track days.

Usually the first Sunday of each month but doubt it'll be on Jan 1st!

I'll catch you at the next one so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement