Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 20 Most Overrated Movies of All Time?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

The three most recent Star Wars movies are very overrated - jesus they were hard going. I tought the acting was poor also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭full forward

The 3 starwars prequels were rubbish.
    Batman begins was a waste of time.
    Charlie and the chockolate factory got good review but sucked.
    All the Harry potter movies are boring.
    Spiderman movies suck.

I see a patern here. I dont like kids movies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

3 star wars prequels overrated?? they were ****, and ive never heard anyone dispute that tbh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

had to be LOTR 3....Frodo walks a few miles..Aragen (whoever) kills some enemies....Frodo walks another few miles..Aragen kills a few more..Frodo walks a few miles..Argen yet again kills a few..does anyone guess what comes after this????

I'm tired of morons thinking they're intellectuals because they've read LOTR and then read all the various theories about what's it about and then try to pass them off as their own to appear intelligent and to put people down who don't like the book...I know one guy who likes to think himself extremely intelligent because he's read LOTR, all the theories plus god knows how many conspiracy theories about Jesus Chist and this same guy couldn't understand the Matrix and how blindingly obvious that it was a mirror of how Jesus lived...took me about 15 mins of explaining to him before he got it and finally understood...

Best Film Ever: Matrix/T2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

Garden State was a pile of crap

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭wexhun

Got Alexander the other night, what a pile of horseploppy!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Ok I'm going to say Fight Club. Maybe I just watched it too many times I dunno. But at this stage I'm sick of it appearing in so many top ten lists. The first 45 mins is really good but (and they say it in the movie) Marla Singer "ruined everything".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,591 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

so many choices!

Titanic
    The Royal Tenenbaums
    The Beach
    Pulp Fiction
    Resevoir Dogs
    Man About Dog
    Ocean's 11
    Jurassic Park
    Wimbledon
    Team America World Police

faceman wrote:
    so many choices!
    Jurassic Park

Aww come on man, thats such a great growing up movie. It was one of the first movies I saw in the cinema and totally blew me away. And I shall defend it forever. Its wayyy better than Jaws and I dont know why Jaws gets so much credit either. And I'm also gonna say that its better than E.T. too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,591 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Aww come on man, thats such a great growing up movie. It was one of the first movies I saw in the cinema and totally blew me away. And I shall defend it forever. Its wayyy better than Jaws and I dont know why Jaws gets so much credit either. And I'm also gonna say that its better than E.T. too.

Blasphemy! Jurassic park was an experiement on Spielbergs part (and probably lucas too) to see what he could do. Cmon, dinosaurs back walking the earth, tis a bit tooooo far fetched!

Jaws is forever! Salsa shark, we're gonna need a bigger boat! ;)

• Advertisement

But the explanation is perfect. DinoDNA. From the mosquito caught in tree sap. QED

I know the book is a million times better but I personally think that it is a great adaptation. There are some scenes that I would have loved to have seen in the movie but what are ya gonna do. The kids are a bit annoying but not as half as bad as other movies.

Maybe it just cos I was into dinosaurs when I was younger (like a lot of kids i expect) but I just loved that film.

skrat wrote:
    I don't think I can think of 20, here's 8:

1. Hi Fidelity
    4. The Matrix 1
    6. Star Wars (this is not a BAD movie, just very overrated)

dude without knowing ur gender or age its hard to comprehend why u wud answer like that! But c'mon, u out for shock value? :)

Advertisement