Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your art/craftwork - show it here!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, I've a painting just completed, based on a photo by Billy Scurry, of a neighbourhood meetup during the Covid Crisis.

7uNPxNQl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Wolff

514034.jpg

514035.JPG

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Those are spectacular!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Thats seriously good work guys.

You caught a great atmosphere with that Ciderman! Thats surely worth a few bob!!

• Advertisement

Thats seriously good work guys.

You caught a great atmosphere with that Ciderman! Thats surely worth a few bob!!

Unfortunately, the painting was snatched up by a family member, never to be seen again...
    Bugger....

Tried to make a Japanese Lantern from Das Air Dry Clay. Added some solar lights. It ended up way darker than I wanted plus somehow it ended up all Alieny! I used sticks, plastics, lumps of rock to make the basic shape and covered it with Das Clay and then some small detail. I used a floor tile for the base. The whole thing is covered in Yacht varnish to seal it as it is for outdoors. The seal broke around the base and the clay has started to go soft. :(

518351.jpg

518352.jpg

518353.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Pretty mad but I love the imagination.

beauf wrote: »
    Pretty mad but I love the imagination.

This was the inspiration but I kinda got lost along the way! :p

518363.jpg

You were definitely getting there...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Tried to make a Japanese Lantern from Das Air Dry Clay. Added some solar lights. It ended up way darker than I wanted plus somehow it ended up all Alieny! I used sticks, plastics, lumps of rock to make the basic shape and covered it with Das Clay and then some small detail. I used a floor tile for the base. The whole thing is covered in Yacht varnish to seal it as it is for outdoors. The seal broke around the base and the clay has started to go soft. :(

518351.jpg

518352.jpg

518353.jpg

I love this! :) Well done, it’s fab, would love it myself! :D
    Is that clay readily available and how much?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So, I've a painting just completed, based on a photo by Billy Scurry, of a neighbourhood meetup during the Covid Crisis.

7uNPxNQl.jpg

I love the look of this, it’s gorgeous! Your painting style is really cool and effortless looking :)

What medium did you use?

twirlagig wrote: »
    I love this! :) Well done, it’s fab, would love it myself! :D
    Is that clay readily available and how much?

Yeah, for the 500g block it's a fiver in Mr Price. €6 in Range. You can get a 12kg bag in Art and Hobby for about €20 but it's not great at all, cracks badly when drying and takes ages too.

Yeah, for the 500g block it's a fiver in Mr Price. €6 in Range. You can get a 12kg bag in Art and Hobby for about €20 but it's not great at all, cracks badly when drying and takes ages too.

Well you made a great job of it anyway! You’re definitely after inspiring me! :D

I love the look of this, it’s gorgeous! Your painting style is really cool and effortless looking :)

What medium did you use?

You're very kind.
    I use acrylics, with my lack of a dedicated space at home to paint, it makes oils impossible.
    Not sure if my style is as you describe, but I love capturing light in paintings and this was no different.
    Effortless though?
    Hmm...
    That said, it was essentially painted in four sessions, first laying out the shapes and base colours, the next the left of the painting and then the right, finally the details were layered in.

You're very kind.
    I use acrylics, with my lack of a dedicated space at home to paint, it makes oils impossible.
    Not sure if my style is as you describe, but I love capturing light in paintings and this was no different.
    Effortless though?
    Hmm...
    That said, it was essentially painted in four sessions, first laying out the shapes and base colours, the next the left of the painting and then the right, finally the details were layered in.

Sorry CM, I may have worded that wrong and didn’t mean to. When I said effortless I just meant that it’s just so natural looking and not overworked looking but yet I know that there’s so much work involved in getting that look - I’d LOVE to be able to have a style like that.

Sorry CM, I may have worded that wrong and didn’t mean to. When I said effortless I just meant that it’s just so natural looking and not overworked looking but yet I know that there’s so much work involved in getting that look - I’d LOVE to be able to have a style like that.

That's okay
    I'm not entirely sure I can lay claim to a style
    It's a little like handwriting, you just find a way that's comfortable to lay colour down on a canvas and just keep doing it.

xW2JyWI.jpg

520558.jpg

Nice stuff.

• Advertisement

That's only beautiful!

Just finished this today, after a three year hiatus!
    I did a few hours yesterday, one this morning, and it's done.

ZLfZj3km.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

The detail of the people in this is just incredible.

Silverfish wrote: »
    The detail of the people in this is just incredible.

Honestly... just splodges of paint...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Honestly... just splodges of paint...

....placed on the canvas in a very successful way. :)

I nearly gave out to you for putting down the op's work!!! :p

New Home wrote: »
    ....placed on the canvas in a very successful way. :)

I nearly gave out to you for putting down the op's work!!! :p

Ha, but when I am painting I'm not doing people or paths, buildings or skies, it's just getting the colours down on the canvas as the original scene presents, the rest just emerges as you go.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Paint by numbers without the numbers? :pac: Well, if it works (and it does!), don't question it. :)

New Home wrote: »
    Paint by numbers without the numbers? :pac: Well, if it works (and it does!), don't question it. :)

Indeed, never saw it that way!

Is this stuff too simple for here? Not sure where else to put it.

522034.jpg
    522037.jpg

• Advertisement

Oh, those are lovely! :)

Advertisement