Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Bowler 2002-2005

• 17-08-2005 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭

2002:
    Session 1, Legal Studies, Dermot Looney's RA group.
    Let us never speak of this.

2003:
    Session 1, Economics, Keith's RA group.
    Don't think I got upto anything interesting...If I'm wrong, let me know.

2004:
    Session 2, Philosophy, Gareth's RA group.
    Roomate with the infamous and indiscrimate Cathal, up until my shower exploded that is then I got put in with Dave Franklin and the long-suffering Maurits. Franklin managed to knock at least 5 years off my life through lack of sleep and caffiene intoxication.

2005:
    Session 2, Computer Applications, Donal's RA group.
    My last and probably most interesting year. Shared a room with Niall Caffery, the tacit Jon Irrogoyen and quite often with Pierce and Adam too it seemed. I instigated the surprisingly successful History Sketch within which I voiced a Welshman, a Manic Anglican Inquisitor and James Mason (portraying both Julius Ceasar and God). I also hosted the Talent Show along with Dee, Declan and Eoghan. At some point I got carted off to hospital in the middle of the night. Myself and Phil (the RA) made a failed attempt on Donal's life with some home-made explosives. Most of my t-shirts were purchased online and had some geeky joke on them at all times. Oh, and it suddenly occurs to me that the Nevermore tear-drop may have been my idea. Yup, I think that's just about anything worth mentioning that I can think of.

Email: jbowler[at]gmail.com

MSN Messenger: preatorian165[at]hotmail.com

AIM: Slightly Insane9

IRC: Zounds

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Pyschopath666

Ah John how many years did i knock off your life this year??? through sleep deprevation and general psychotic behaviour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Famous for liking feet.

Also famous for publicly denying the above statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

Raphael wrote:
    Famous for liking feet.

I was hoping, though definitely not expecting to avoid having that show up in here
    Ah John how many years did i knock off your life this year??? through sleep deprevation and general psychotic behaviour

ah, you weren't that bad Pierce, cept that time you knocked me over just by looking at me, that was fucking scary

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Un-Big

You went to hospital? And I thought i'd dutifully recorded all the ambulances =\. Oh well. In other news: HI JOHN! *waves frantically/headbuts*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

I'll remember you for not changing your pant for the whole 3 weeks in 2004

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

Now there's a talent for ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Chris IS Cool

I rememberise you from Economics 2003... that was a class class. so much innuendo. so little economics (or if there was i forgot it all, very quickly).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

john likes feet!
    i like john!
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Bowler has oddly shaped hip bones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭the_red_cherry

hurrah for john etc...

• Advertisement

Unbig wrote:
    You went to hospital? And I thought i'd dutifully recorded all the ambulances =\. Oh well. In other news: HI JOHN! *waves frantically/headbuts*
    I went in Catriona's car in the middle of the night and was back before morning, missed the damned Passionfruit cause everyone thought I was still in hospital and so didn't come to wake me. Hello Jean
    ColHol wrote:
    I'll remember you for not changing your pant for the whole 3 weeks in 2004
    That is not true, I simply have 4 identical pairs of pants (like a cartoon character) and did again this year infact...
    Bowler has oddly shaped hip bones
    Whut?? When were you near my hip bones and what's odd about them?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,815 ✭✭✭✭emmet02

Zounds wrote:
    That is not true, I simply have 4 identical pairs of pants (like a cartoon character) and did again this year infact...

sounds like a certain cork joke *cough* Owen Joyce *cough* who only had 3 pairs of "Plain black jeans, bai"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Heh. I thank thee for your kind remark Bowler. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Fabulo

John likes FE...males.

...it's true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

He also OD'd on caffeine a few times....I lost count...

Raphael wrote:
    He also OD'd on caffeine a few times....I lost count...
    three total during CTYI, twice during the session gone by. Though those two times weren't nearly as bad as the first.

In a shameless attempt to keep this thread on the front page but also cause I just remembered this:

"It forms the hull!"

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

Hey John.
    It's Niamh the 'halfling commuter'(i was also not a real person according to you) from Economics 2003. I remember you had an obsession wth soy, came up with the idea of coin-operated lamp posts and broke a seat... or two.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Pyschopath666

yeah he is addicted to caffine

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭JenLorigan

Yay John! Despite the fact that you didn't know my name after two weeks in my class, and stole my hands for some time today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

i only have two things to say

firstly and i hope to never hear this again-

coin operated lampposts

secondly

get off my jeans.

it was cool that i eventually got to know you though and ill probably see you soon enough randomly at the green

hils

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

coin operated lampposts

I forgot that! Then there were the monkeys with typewriters

Oh yeah the good old coin operated lamposts and complex monkey theory

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

I clearly remember you shouting SOY! all the time and at the closing ceremony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Jim_Are_Great

John, oh John. You're a comical man. I remember almost heammorhaging (feel free to correct that hideous attempt to utilise English) blood at your "it forms the hull". It was inexplicable comic gold. Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭LordCran

You don't know me, but I know all about you. Oh yes. Actually, the main thing I wanted to point out was your contribution to the now famous (though not as much as it should be) Who'd win in a Fight? conversation. A whole hour and a half conversation about theoretical fights between fictional characters. Good times...

That was much fun, endless amusment all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

Heh, I remember you...

How's St Paul's been treating ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 i hate jedis

Ha Ha Ha I shot Bowler in the neck in Birr (The Most Boring Town in Ireland FACT!) with a confetti gun of all things :D Ha Ha Ha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

Hey, they went back to Birr ??? Or was that just years ago, in the session John doesn't want mentioned. On that topic, some random memories: shopping, pillars, wasted time, R vs Brown...

Advertisement