Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much do you think Boards.ie is worth?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

then i suggest you know sweet fa about the people that run and own it.

we know a lot more about you than you think :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

please, tell me about me then. im really dying to know.

no really....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭the jew

Funk Daddy wrote:
    "Baby"? Its an internet forum. If it was worth anywhere near €1m, I'd sell it in a split second.
    Yeah but the guys that started it are more than likely massive geeks, so they're probably sad bastards that do consider it there baby. Think that figure of around 50000 is probably somewhere in the region, maybe not that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

oh oh Jew, wrong ones to piss off

/waves goodbye to jew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

Funk Daddy wrote:
    "Baby"? Its an internet forum. If it was worth anywhere near €1m, I'd sell it in a split second.

I think it's funny when the post count of an individual is approx their IQ :D

Boards ahs HUGE sentimental value, not just to the creators and the Admins but also to (a big portion of) the community, otherwise they wouldn't have continued going here.

you are a person who would say that the Mona Lisa is worth about 50 quid, maybe only 30 because the canvas is old and tacky and someone drew all over it.

• Advertisement

Gilgamesh wrote:

you are a person who would say that the Mona Lisa is worth about 50 quid, maybe only 30 because the canvas is old and tacky and someone drew all over it.

the mona lisa isnt painted on a canvas ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

seamus wrote:
    That's why you can't see the potential.

Actually what's the most any forum has sold for?

I have never clicked on any of their advertisements let alone bought any of the goods avertised here. There is only potential if there is some action showing the potential. I doubt the adverstisement revenue is anything good here.

I'll easily stand corrected on this but I am not aware of any forum websitre being sold for big money. What are the most succesful forum sites on the net? I can't name any! Ohthe star trek one is pretty big

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Funk Daddy

Gilgamesh wrote:
    I think it's funny when the post count of an individual is approx their IQ :D

LOL - says a guy who probably lives out his fantasies through roleplay games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

so if i post more i get smarter?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'll easily stand corrected on this but I am not aware of any forum websitre being sold for big money. What are the most succesful forum sites on the net? I can't name any! Ohthe star trek one is pretty big
    Something awful or the Straight Dope are largish ones, probably the best known in the world. Don't get me wrong, I'm not naive enough to think any company would spend stupid amounts of money on a site that allows (predominantly) students to post free of charge. Rather, boards.ie could build up a commercial "section", if you will, linked with the main forums, that could potentially be a massive revenue generator if done properly. Note that I would not have a clue how to do it "properly". :)

• Advertisement

Funk Daddy wrote:
    LOL - says a guy who probably lives out his fantasies through roleplay games.

*ping* see, your IQ just went up another point, about 40 more and you can actually be considered human.

and WWM, touche :D was wondering if anybody would notice that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

quarryman wrote:
    In a way yes. The more time you spend on boards, the more you see its worth. How is a noob ment to know what a forum means to the community the first day. You must become part of that community to understand its real worth. More you post, more you become closer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

seamus wrote:
    Rather, boards.ie could build up a commercial "section", if you will, linked with the main forums, that could potentially be a massive revenue generator if done properly. Note that I would not have a clue how to do it "properly". :)

Not saying it isn't possible just unlikely. I don't know of any business to do this model change. I am also pretty sure nobody has paid any "real" money for a forum. I don't see any potential as there has never been one done it opposes the current use and model. The advertisement probably doesn't work in this model anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭digitalninja

quarryman wrote:

No, you become even more stupid.

No, you become even more stupid.

don't you mean stupider LMFAO :D

Boards is also one of the slowest sites I visit. The pages take ages to load.

How many members are on boards and how many hits does it get per month?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Funk Daddy wrote:

What browser and Operating System do you use?

Webmonkey wrote:
    You must become part of that community to understand its real worth. More you post, more you become closer

Gimme a hug.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Funk Daddy wrote:

43000 of us, how many actually post would be another matter but there's hordes of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Funk Daddy wrote:

you're using IE, aren't you? :D :rolleyes: :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Funk Daddy, I'm guessing you have been banned previously. This would most likely be a major reason that you seem to have a grudge against boards.

You should get that fixored, your IE that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭digitalninja

RuggieBear wrote:
    you're using IE, aren't you? :D :rolleyes: :D

I'm using the latest version of firefox on windows linux and OS X and it is slow as ****e on all of them. I hardly come here anymore tbh because it's like being on ****ing dialup.

i'm on dial up and it's loading reasonably quickly (Not as quick as when i had Broadband but not un browsable)...and That's on XP with the latest firefox and not using adblock.

BTW, I reckon [glow=4]Boards is priceless.[/glow]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

RuggieBear wrote:
    BTW, I reckon [glow=4]Boards is priceless.[/glow]
    There you have it :)

I've never been on here before - sorry!!!!! I don't have a grudge against boards - I just said it loads really slow and that IMO it's not worth any significant monetary value.

IE - why?

How many hits does the site get?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

boards loadsfine for me from home and from work (2 totally seperate networks in work)

actually that is true.
    im on firefox, and it's sucky slow at the moment.

It's "loads" fine - just slower than other forums - namely Invision ones. About 2 or 3 seconds slower to load the pages. Invision pages are usually instant. Just wondering why a forum on a dedicated server which is mostly text and imposes very strict limits on avater and sig sizes, loads slower than an Invision board on a shared server which has very lax sig and avatar limits. e.g: http://www.thewrestlingchannel.tv/forums/index.php
    That's one I frequent a lot and it loads super fast.
    And this one: http://www.ukff.com/
    Both way faster than Boards.

I have 2MBit Eircom BB in work and 3MBit NTL BB at home, and it's slow on both.

• Advertisement

about a second a page for me on 56k dial up..... at aloss to explain why my dial up might be loading quicker :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement