Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer/drink gives you the worst/least hangover?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Jameson, Great at the time but rotten the next day or two afterwards, maybe if I didn't drink the whole bottle in one sitting it would be ok.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Miller has no effect on me hangover wise, im fine after

Budweiser on the other hand.....i need at least 12 panadols with the headache it gives me... yet for some reason i still drink it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Worst: Loads of heineken / loads of bulmers / loads of red wine.
    Least: Vodka/Whiskey

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

I never got bad hangovers until a year or so ago. Anything more than 8 cans/pints nowadays and I'm a wreck the next day. I gave up wine recently, as life wasn't worth living anymore. :)

I steer clear of spirits because of my tendency to knock drink back. I know I'd be in a mess 9 times out of 10, so it's just not worth it.

As for the horrors, got 'em a few times. The last time was in Poland about a year ago - was seeing and hearing some really weird sh*t!! Pretty terrifying. :o

I'd say my best is Guinness - Worst is everything else. :p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Half a bottle of Corvosier brandy after 11 cans of beer :eek::eek:, couldnt eat the whole next day but could still put back a 8 pack of fosters, that corvosier stuff certainly lingers, still had the taste in my mouth for 3 days :eek::eek::eek:

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Koppeberg gives me hellish hangovers and any kind of weissbier keeps my head clear the next morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Half a bottle of rum clears up a head-cold fairly lively, with no hangover. Mix it with coke or ginger ale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

worst - Goldschläger

thoughts of it even make me want to puke but for some reason if shots are goin its always Goldschläger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Alchopops and Whiskey (not together) give me the worst hangovers. Or if I'm drinking loads and mixing all night.

No hangover? Hmm. Vodka?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,726 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

even if im only sipping on vodka (as in, Screwdrivers, or Vodka and coke) and even if its only a shot or two, it will give me awful headaches. No thank you sir, I will stick to JD and Capn Morgan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I usually only get really bad hangovers if I mix drinks, especially wine and vodka. Never feel too great the morning after that. Tequila leaves me feelin' pretty rough too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Worst thing for hangovers? Getting old!

Cigarettes double the effect of a hangover for me, I chain smoke like a lunatic on a session and can easily guzzle 40 in a night, despite barely smoking when I'm not drinking.

Worst drinks? Red wine without a doubt. German beers or those beers with no added chemicals do genuinely lessen the effect.

Anyone find a good sh*te the next day can do wonders for a hangover? Immediate relief like.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Red wine = brutal hangover

Gin & Tonic = no hangover

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

6 cans of Bavaria and a third of a bottle of Tequila last night, while smoking more than cigarettes. Great night but fcuking dead this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Bulmers and red wine = next day death. Corona and Carlsberg = me able to drive to work the next day. Heineken and Guiness = me fine the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭rororoyourboat

Mixing drinks kills me, as does cheap cider. I'm generally fine after vodka for some reason though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

I could drink vodka all night and be grand the next day, bud on the other hand, vile stuff altogether. Last time I had it I was in bits the next day, never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ccarr

ixoy wrote: »
    Erdinger. Vile EVIL stuff that's given me horrific hangovers, with memory blackouts, after a few pints. I've made a decision to never drink it again...
    totaly agree erdinger is evil. exact same ting hapend to me only had few nd cnt rember mst of d nite:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Ccarr, A E I O U

Theres a few vowels for you, take your pick and theres plenty more where they came from.

JD & Red Bull give you the most unmerciful hangover, even with small quantities.

Vodka and white/7up is good for no hangover.

The general rule of thumb is white mixer with white spirits (as in Vodka/Gin not methylated spirits) dark mixers with darker spirits and so on. Usually doesn't give you a hangover. Key word is usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Cremated

The only thing "light" about Coors is the taste. Its not light in calories (I know a few people who have ballooned up since they started to drink it) or % of alcohol.

Well to be fair, Coors light has 99 or so calories in a bottle, it's not too bad,

Bulmers light has 92, also pretty good,

Shot of Vodka in a glass or Tequila with some ice and a lime and a lemon,

is good for the hangovers, ( well it's better )

even better if you have a glass of water for every shot you do ;)...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

wine can be awful, guinness is grand

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Erdinger/Fosters are pretty easy on me in the mornings. Any type of Vodka, Whiskey etc absolutely destroy me, never again..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Sage'sMama

Worst for hangovers bud & miller and harp although harp is really nice to drink when you can get it really cold

No Hangovers with Guinness,Red Stripe,Vodka and the Turkish beer Effes

Best cure is sex and a fry up

Advertisement