Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer/drink gives you the worst/least hangover?

Options
  • 01-08-2005 1:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

I had about 7 bottles of Miller last night and I thought I was going to need an ambulance to recover today, f*cking hell! Evil, evil hangover.

What drink gives you the worst hangover and which has no effect on you the next day whatsoever?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Can drink vodka all night and usually feel great the next day. Kinda makes me wonder why I keep drinking beer if that's the case...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Water gives me no hangover. . . . suprisingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Typically feel fine after Bulmers - gives me pretty bad heartburn after a few though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Dr Cox's Ego

Bulmers nearly made me cry the next day when I drank it :eek: Loads of sugar = phucked up head, body and soul the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭weemcd

couldnt get over how fresh i felt after coors light last night. Light is a bit misleading tho, its proper 5% beer, its just really crisp and easy to drink.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Dr Cox's Ego

The only thing "light" about Coors is the taste. Its not light in calories (I know a few people who have ballooned up since they started to drink it) or % of alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

9 Bavaria last night at my friends. Felt like absolute ****e this morning (ok afternoon when I eventually dragged my corpse outta bed). Needless to say today was not a very productive day at all.

To answer your question, Bavaria is not my friend.

Sambuca however..........................

Coors Light is vile stuff - only vaguely resembles or tastes of beer. It's wrong that you should get a hangover from something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

vodca and lime=evil
    i puked...

It's the lime that does that - it's very hard on the stomach

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Red wine gives you awful hangovers.

I had 4 glasses of an Australian one not too long ago and I had an awful hangover from it.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Erdinger. Vile EVIL stuff that's given me horrific hangovers, with memory blackouts, after a few pints. I've made a decision to never drink it again...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

ixoy wrote:
    Erdinger. Vile EVIL stuff that's given me horrific hangovers, with memory blackouts, after a few pints. I've made a decision to never drink it again...
    That stuff feckin' murders me also! And those massive glasses they give you with it make you look like a complete knobhead!

erdingerweissbier.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Im usually fine after beer. Well not cheap beer. Vodka and ginger ale gives me the worst ever hangover.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

yeh wine's desperate for hangovers as are jameson's cocktails. beer/ guinness/ bulmers are grand...shots are pretty bad aswell although i dont usually take them..i think it's whatever drink your used to you build up a tolerance for it..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Bulmer's Light gives me absolutely no hangover, even after about 10 bottles of the stuff.

Any of the German wheat beers tends to fúck me up pretty badly

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I find the worst hangover recipe to be not drinking water during the day, followed by a long slow session on pints of stella (e.g. start at 6pm, finish at 11pm, consume 5 or 6 pints in that time). I invariably wake up the next day feeling like there's an icepick through the top of my skull, poking at one of my eyeballs.

Best recipe for morning after comfort is to drink LOADS of water during the day, drink JD and diet coke all evening, then have a pint of water before bed. Feel fine the next day. Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Wine is the worst for me My Drink Southern Comf and Lime could drink all night and fine next morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

sorry can't really say which gives me the worst hangover.
    the only time I was actually drunk was after a leaving party and 27 pints Harp.
    man I didn't have a hangover but I was pi$$ing like a racehorse throughout that night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Rum and Coke least. Then maybe Red wine.

Miller gives me the worst headache next day but never makes me puke.

White wine can be a b*tch as well.

Depends on how you drink, not what you drink. Generally drinkin a pint of milk/ eating food lines the stomach pretty well just before goin out, and then drinkin the odd pint of water while your knockin back the bevvies always helps. Keepin urself hydrated is the key...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Rolling rock doesnt give me a hang over.
    The vodka and heinekin I drank last night coupled witht he rolling rock however..

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Alli Babba

If you drink too much of any alcohol it will give you a hangover

Although I have heard people drinking Stella can not get out of bed no matter how many they have had

Whats the best hangover cure though ??????

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Irishstabber

More alcohol. if you never stop you dont get a hangover :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Ixoy wrote:
    basquille wrote:
    That stuff feckin' murders me also! And those massive glasses they give you with it make you look like a complete knobhead!

erdingerweissbier.jpg

Bah. Amateurs. Erdinger is a solid, respectable beer, and a perfect stepping stone towards greater things. It's a practically hangover-free drink, you must be doing something wrong, like mixing it with a lesser beverage. Keep your Heiniken, Budweiser and all the other muck I'd rather have rough sex with a syphillis-coated cheesegrater than be forced to drink. They're full of crap that accentuates any hangovers you get.

I'm currently hooked on a lovely Belgian number called Kwak. It's a very smooth (so much so you'd never realise it was 8%), very flavourful amber beer with no hangover effects.

Beer snob? Perhaps. But I'm not the one suffering hangovers after a night out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭cil_aine

sambuca is the worst for hangovers, especially after 6 shots of them... urgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

my nights out, usually start off wit a couple of jameys with a dash of white in the pub maybe one or two more in the club then switch over to double jaigermeister and red bulls for the rest of the night, well thats what i had on staurday night and i was grand on sunday even after just 5 hours sleep.

(Beer just doesnt agree wit me, i know it seems weird that id switch from 5% beer to 35%-40% spirits but thats me, WEIRD)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

cider, cheap dry stuff, gives me the worst hangover. but rarely "beer" or vodka.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Stella gives me a killer of a hangover,full of chemicals :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Guinness is yer only man for no hangovers.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 atomised

Yeah. Guinness doesn't give you much of a hangover -- though you are a kind of TV zombie for the next day.

Advertisement