Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thank You

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Love

Bertie and Roisin - you guys rocked. I love you both, and you give great hugs. Reunion on the 27th of August, be there or be triangular.

Cyas around.

Sophia (",) xXxXxXx *huggles*

P.S. Email me at: umbrellahead@gmail.com or msn me: piranhas_ate_my_shoelaces@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

Awwww Mammy. I was wondering why I hadn't caught sight of you on the last morning. I reckond it was something like that. Anyway, you were a fan-freakin'-tastic RA. We had a good group too.

P.S. This is Kevin (not the "Cork" one).

Why, may i ask, was Cork in inverted commas. And you do know that there's more than one Cork Kevin, although the other one lives in Kerry............ Ooooooooh. Never mind.

Thanks, Bertie, for bringing me to the doctor, even though it caused you to be attacked outside of Pizza Hut by Ciara's RA group. Your pink umbrella rocked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Mammy

By the way guys, if any of you are ever around Cambridge (it's only about 45 minutes from London), you're more than welcome to visit and I'll give you a grand tour of the place. Also, if any of you are considering applying to Cambridge (don't even consider Oxford: it's ****) drop me a line: cem56@cam.ac.uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Mammy wrote:
    (don't even consider Oxford: it's ****)

Literally. The entire city is built from hardened turds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Mammy

Undergod wrote:
    Literally. The entire city is built from hardened turds.

Really?! That explains so much...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

Not everything that comes from Oxford is bad. Look at me, for example. Well, alright, that was a bad example, but look at His dark Materials

Bertie et Conor(et shona, et Donal, et Barry, et Phil, et Ciara et Helen et "any others that are up for it"), same story next wedesday, you bring the food, Niall and i will take care of everything else.

(air of mystery)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 don't touch me

alright guys

i've come out of my post session hiding and put away both my antipathy for the internet and for sentimentality. I want to echo what the other R.A.s have been saying. The last 6 weeks brought back some great memories of when I was a student and gave me many new ones to add. Me, Conor , Phil, Rob and Hannah had some good laughs looking back over the session in Galway at the weekend. I want to specifically thank the guys in my R.A groups, diamond geezers the lot. I hope that life post CTYI is going well for all of you and remember what I said in the last meeting - I meant every word (bet the rest of ye feel really left out).

Emmet, I don't quite know what that invitation was about but sure, Im up for it....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Jack Lynch wrote:
    Not everything that comes from Oxford is bad

Greenwood, Colin
    Greenwood, Jonathan
    O'Brien, Edward
    Selway, Philip
    Yorke, Thomas

head, Radio

[/obsessive fan]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Spraypaint

alright guys

i've come out of my post session hiding and put away both my antipathy for the internet and for sentimentality. I want to echo what the other R.A.s have been saying. The last 6 weeks brought back some great memories of when I was a student and gave me many new ones to add. Me, Conor , Phil, Rob and Hannah had some good laughs looking back over the session in Galway at the weekend. I want to specifically thank the guys in my R.A groups, diamond geezers the lot. I hope that life post CTYI is going well for all of you and remember what I said in the last meeting - I meant every word (bet the rest of ye feel really left out).

No Barry (assuming that this is in fact Barry), thank YOU, from myself in particular and from the RA group as a whole. Thanks for the leniency, loaning us stuff, the great memories, the craic for 3 weeks and for being the soundest RA in general EVER.You really added to the experience. Thank you. Take it easy

-Killian McCarthy (No. 12)

P.S Can I interest you in a TJ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Barry. You were and still are I'm assuming, an absolute legend. You were the first RA I hugged. ('twas on the second day iirc, I chased you around the quad and then gave you a massive hug) I knew you'd be great from the moment you said 'Hey, we should have an underwear tree!' when we put Suzy's bra in the tree. You were one of, if not the best RA there this year. Thank you soso much.

Liz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Shellie13

Ok so I know I'm a bit late posting this but thank you sooo much to all the RAs this was by far the most enjoyable and memorable session for me and I'll never forget all of ye :D (guys ye were hilarious in the fancydress- esp conor!) And as for Bertie and Rosin- never before have I known mortal RAs to have their own cult following! And thanks to Shona my RA for not going too ballistic catching us all out of our rooms! :)
    Liz and Áine- count me as first inline for an áine doll... could be very interesting! lol!

I'll make sure she comes with an electric toothbrush :p;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 don't touch me

Spraypaint wrote:
    No Barry (assuming that this is in fact Barry), thank YOU, from myself in particular and from the RA group as a whole. Thanks for the leniency, loaning us stuff, the great memories, the craic for 3 weeks and for being the soundest RA in general EVER.You really added to the experience. Thank you. Take it easy

-Killian McCarthy (No. 12)

P.S Can I interest you in a TJ?

Ah wud you ever f**k off...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

ah barry, we'll always want your sex, more than anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 réaltín

Hello!
    I just wanted to hop on the RA thank-you band wagon and echo what some of the other RAs have been saying. First of all, I want to say a huge thank you to all the students involved in Sessions 1 and 2 this summer. You made your sessions what they were, and you created some wonderful memories for yourselves and us. I also want to say that I had an absolute ball for the 6 weeks I was involved with CTYI and wouldn't have missed out on them for the world.
    I want to thank my own groups in particular (just remember what I said to you in the last meetings)
    I hope life post CTYI is going well for you all, and I'm sure that our paths will cross again at some point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Indubitably

Ahoy hoy
    As band waggon jumping is the style these days I'll do just that. RA withdrawal symptoms weren't in the job description but they are felt as keenly as curled eye lashes. Twas great fun working there and thanks to everyone especially any of my lads still alive- hope all is well and good.

Emmet you did not come thru on that offer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭TalkISCheap

Liz, are batteries included??

Berteh - merci beaucoup!!

Liz, are batteries included??

No! Who the hell do you think I am?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Adesina

Ok, it took me ages to post in this thread but I want thank all the RA's so, so, SO much. You were all legends :D . Thanks so much for making me first session absaloutly brilliant. I'll never, ever forget any of you. Grace you were the best RA ever, keep being you cause you're fantabulous. Barry, sorry again about the bag thing on the last day (I swear I didn't know about that other handle :p ). Bertie, even though you forgot my name I love ya anyway. And to Neil, Helen, Shona, Mary, Ciara, Robert and James, you were all great and thanks so much for making it a great session :) .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Just want to say a special thank you to Rob, no matter what you may have said, you were a fantastic RA, and I can't imagine what you could have been like in Session 1 if you think you were better. It was an absolute privilege doing your job for you

Aonghus, your humble RAA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Joycey

alright guys

Emmet, I don't quite know what that invitation was about but sure, Im up for it....

Alright Barry whats the craic

You were by far the best RA ive had over the three years ive been here and you definitely did your best to add to all our experiences by teaching us to play poker properly to asking us to fill out that letter with our complaints... You were sound about rules and stuff and you wanted to know if anybody had any problems even if you had to get up early for it...

Thanks for being so sound...
    Joyce (aka number 11)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Starbabe

Aww you guys... you're all so sweet!! Twas my last year, and i couldn't have wished for better RA's. *sniffs*
    Thanks a lot, you rocked socks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Raphael wrote:
    Just want to say a special thank you to Rob,

I second that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 synge

I have lots of thank yous for all the session 1 RAs but collectively thank you for not being too freaked out of my roommate and I....I think we managed to do something completely crzy in front of all of you by the end of the session. Mary you were a wonderful RA and you put up with a lot from us but always managed to keep us in order and give us hugs and chocolate and keep all the guys away from our pizza (I am still confused about Neil getting a peice though) and your jacket and calling you from Aoife's phone and you screaming at us about wasting her credit and on and on and on Barry thank you for giving me my Sellotape eventually....I still cannot believe that it exists.....even if I got accused of stealing it at least 3 times, Robert for letting us call you Michael, James for wearing the bunny ears, Neil for your ability to see lights behind cutains and throwing rocks so us bored souls sitting on our kitchen counter can have a laughig moment, Bertie for getting the guys in you group to stop throwing that cup in our window, and everyone else for just being completely amazing RA you really made us feel like we were completely insane americans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Dearv

Hey Guys

just wanted 2 jump on the bandwagon & say thanx a million 2 all the ra's - you guys really set the tone of the session and made the students CTYI!!!!!We had an absolutely brilliant time & i 4 one really appreciate evrything that u did :D thanx a million 4 everything guys keep in touch
    love ya lots
    Dearv xxx
    Dearbhail14@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Starbabe wrote:
    you rocked socks!!
    haha, i read that wrong :o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭[Core]

Thanks to all the RA's (especially Barry since he was my RA) for a great first session at CTYI! Barry, you're an absolute legend and you'll never be put into my van or, in fact, taken to my lair despite what the malicous rumours that were going around campus may say!
    Cormac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 debsie

Malosto man!! u rock!! hee hee dos songs stil crack me up!

Thanks a bunch 2 all da ra's!! u rocked so much!! u made da course such good fun!!....memories!!
    luv ya all!

by the way helen send me dat cd plez!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Pyschopath666

I just want to say thank you to all of the RA's and Site staff of CTYI this year, it was an amazing session and I just want to thank ye all for making it happen. . . . . .and to Donal thank you for being my final RA and sorry for any hassle my site office visits may have caused you... and Mary for leaving the cobweb in the canteen.... Catriona and Colm for not kicking me out though I think they could have on numerious occasions.... Pamela for giving me a full water gun on the last day... Barry for winning the RA challenge and jus being sound in general... Rob for not getting mad when I got him picked to be creamed or when i got him with the water gun.... Rosín for getting her own day and just being generally ramdom, Ciaran for letting us go, Bertie for jus being you and for "Smokey Bacon".... to everyone else thank you for the best times of my life

Anyway So long and thanks for all the fish

Pierce

Advertisement