Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thank You

Options
  • 31-07-2005 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi there everyone I think everyone knows who I am by now.

Firstly I'd like to thank everyone who was invloved in both sessions of CTYI this year. I knew nothing about it before the orientation day and that was the Saturday before Session 1. What was originally an excuse to spend the Summer in Dublin turned out to be the best six weeks of my entire life.

I have learned so much about so many different things from CTYI'rs but more importantly I have discovered more about myself in the six weeks than I have after three years in college (even 20 years on this planet). That is down to the most amazing group of people I have ever worked with. The two proudest moments of my life have been both closing ceremonies this year and thats a fact. None of you can imagine the personal transformations I've seen over the course of each session and it is the most amazing feeling to think that I may have been in some way involved.

Every day was a reward in its own special way.

Now that its over, and theres a chance I may not get to work with CTYI again I feel you all deserve the biggest THANK YOU imaginable. Make sure to keep in contact and if you ever need a chat dont hesitate to e-mail me

budycazude@yahoo.com

I firmly believe that each and everyone one of you made CTYI what it was this year .I must say that I will have a special fondness for all the guys in Berties Boyz and my group in session 2. My favourite part of the day was sitting at our table for each meal(its a little known fact that I had to fight another RA for that table, hard luck Bobert). When everyone was gone after session 2 I found myself at the my table for the last time. I have to admit that I had a bit of a moment

Anyway before I get too soppy I better go
    Keep in touch

and

WEL DONE

Bertie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Aw Bertie I love you, you're so sweet! You were such a great and adorable RA, so sweet in fact, that I just couldn't bring myself to kill you in your sleep.

Liz

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mocha One Sugar

Aw Bertie, sweetie!
    I love you so much! You are such a frickin' legend!
    I'll always remember the obscure chats we had such as the reproduction/menstration one on the way back from Santry or us waffling on about how aeroplanes stay up in the sky while both of us were ever so sleepy in the Street!
    stay cool and always continue calling people "precious" but in a non-Gollumish way! apply for TA next year.... OR ELSE <insert empty threat here>
    Lotsa love, fíodhna xXx
    stay in touch fidebi@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Bertie!

Thanks so much for all the hugs! I miss you! You'd better show at reunions! :)

Anyway, I go! keep in touch. Aoibheann@gmail.com

Love ya loads!

Aoibheann (obviously)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Spraypaint

Aww Thanks Bertie
    It wouldn't have been the same without you. :o
    Sorry about any derogatory things I said to/about you during session 2. :( I shouldn't have. You're a pretty sound guy. Take it easy.
    -Killian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Mammy

I'd like to back up what Bertie said completely. As an RA (I'm Conor the RA, btw), you see a side of the course even hardened nevermores can scarcely imagine. We all cried at some stage on the last Thursday and Friday. I hardly got to say goodbye to any of my guys (I was in the train station when everyone was leaving) and I'm so sad I didn't. They were a great bunch of guys and I'll really miss them.

One testimony to how great the CTYI students are is that the RAs never thought or spoke about the money they were being paid. Each day was its own reward and the absolute icing on the cake was when ye gave us a standing ovation on the last night, not even letting Colm O'Reilly finish his sentence. Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

No, really, thank you guys.

Conor!

Hah, I have the photos of you as a pregnant woman. They're extremely entertaining(though somewhat disturbing)...*laughs evilly* :p

Thanks for a great session, you're a legend!

Love, Aoibheann! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Lady penelopy

aw, you guys!
    conor, im sorry the only interaction i had with you was being caught by you, shona and elanor with two other people in my room at 12.30...you seemed cool.
    bertie, you are a legend. im glad you were so affected by ctyi, because you truly deserve to have it in your life. you rock. dont stop rocking. and come to reunions, stay involved, etc.

ellen

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭RefulgentGnomon

Thanks Bertie (my RA), Conor and all the RA's, all the instructors, TA's and CTYI staff.
    My only comfort when leaving was knowing that I can return next year.
    Cheers,
    Neil

P.S. Bertie, you said you'd do your impression on the last night but we forgot about it! Are you coming to the big reunion (provisionally Sat 27th Aug)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Awwww Mammy. I was wondering why I hadn't caught sight of you on the last morning. I reckond it was something like that. Anyway, you were a fan-freakin'-tastic RA. We had a good group too.

P.S. This is Kevin (not the "Cork" one).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Jarge!!!

Bertie, you're a ****ing tank. I'm not going to say you were the best RA I've ever had as some of my past RAs still check boards every so ofter, but I am going to award you equal first with any of the others who read this. And remember: When in doubt...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 **JazzHands**

okily,
    really can't attempt to be as coherant as Bertie. As an honorary student and the baby RA, I too want to say thanks a million to the others for minding me and making the session abcolutely mad- in a good way. However, as Bertie said, the students make CTY. I had a whale of a 2.5 weeks that wouldn't have been a mammal without you popples (i never claimed to make sense). Anywho- Please Please PLEASE e-mail me and keep me posted on your antics. You've been amazing. I'll never be the same again...
    muchos huggles!
    Róisín

DOUBLE TIME!

Róisín!

Arrgh, I miss you loads! It's so crazy without the handjiving and hugs and general craziness of the RA group!

Anyway, keep in touch!

Love ya!

Aoibheann

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Outcast

Thanks for all the Session 1 morning runs Bertie. You rock

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Its like a giant staff lovefest in here :)

gotta throw in my lot then - It was an insane experience coming back to work somewhere that had given me some of my closest friends and best memories - and a part of me was a teensy bit terrified :) but i think i'll always look back at session 1 as an RA with such great memories and such great people, and always remember my Theoretical Phsyics class in session 2 :)

and thanks for not all being little bastards :)

Neil.

Another morning run RA. Thanks. You rock too!

Heheh man, katie Cullen drove me fecking insane about the morning run :P

I know I'm Katies less aggressive friend who ran with her. She used to ring me everymorning to tell me to get up.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mocha One Sugar

wow, in the hours i was slpeeing and desperately trying to let imagestation.com upload my pictures loadsa RA's have been on....
    as you guys know at this stage, every single RA rocked in their own little was....
    I LOVE Y'ALL!! (Ali Zuckerman, you turned me into a right ol' American!)
    to Mammy: C'mon the mBreathnaigh!!
    to Roisin: stay funky and chickenish and NEVER forget your RA group's honourary member!
    Love always, Fí xXx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 synge

it seemed like everytime you guys were going to do the morning run in session 1, one of my friends in my ra group kept missing it and she claims you people who ran it lied to her (Neil-this would be your fav girl in my group, Georgia the completely NOT insane one)
    Bertie-a message from me and my roommate
    "just goes to show, you never know who's watching"

• Advertisement

No we didn't! She came out most days anyway.

yeah, but she and Mary (our RA) were always outside of my doorway (she was right across the hall) in the morning talking about how she could never find anyone when you were supposed to be having a morning run and how Bertie was always lying about when they were

Yeah it was basically just that Katie would bully someone into it last thing at night there was no time to tell anyone really. We ended up running by ourselves outside the library one day looking like right fools

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Bertie, get Bobert on Boards

Hehehe, Georgia was cracked :D ah god how i miss giving out to her at night... :P

yeah, she had lots of fun annoying you when you went around throwing rocks at eveyone's windows.....we had so many funny stories about it, but when my roommate and I try to throw candy out our window at you you don't even remember! you're lucky we gave it to you at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

Aww Bertie,

I'll make sure that when Liz starts cloning me and marketing the clones as Áine Dolls you'll get one. Fully poseable, you can put her on top of the piano, just don't let her sing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Ah yes, you'll have hours of fun discovering the many erogenous zones on our patented Áine Doll Deluxe(tm) You can abuse her as you like without fear of being frowned upon or arrested. Yes, the Áine Doll Deluxe(tm) really is a worthwile addition to any home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Piste wrote:
    Ah yes, you'll have hours of fun discovering the many erogenous zones on our patented Áine Doll Deluxe(tm) You can abuse her as you like without fear of being frowned upon or arrested. Yes, the Áine Doll Deluxe(tm) really is a worthwile addition to any home.
    *`Awkward Silence*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 QueenOfTheQuad

You might need to send me more than one, in case i get over excited and break the first one doing.............well you know

Advertisement