Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boredom

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

but have u started goin out since your gf has arrived and if u have fair feckin play...but the lad in question isn't puttin the effort in...is it a case that they are 2 different people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

possibly, but she still says she'd marry him though so there must be something about the guy, maybe he's good in bed.:D

I actually don't go out too often, but i don't see my gf that often either.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Misticles wrote:
    he dosnt take me seriously!

aren't you the dope for allowing that to be the case?

if i say something like that, he thinks i dont mean it an ill come straight back to him

well, don't you?!

and i hate the fact that he thinks like this

he thinks like that because you have allowed it and I doubt he cares enough about you either way to change, you cannot change someone unless they wish it for themselves.

you are 19, and are considering marrying him in the future, even though your relationship is not satifying you already, are you mad? you are on the road to no where and further down the line, you will break up and it coud be a lot more complicated then leaving right now.
    In order for a long term relationship to last, both parties have to be happy with the way things are, you clearly are not, just because you care for him, doesn't mean that you can stay with him, it means that you are too weak to leave.
    If he is not prepared to go out at least once a week and give you some time, let me tell you now, that as time goes on, he will care even less.
    there are many other men out there who would suit you better, instead of trying to make him do something he doesn't want to, leave, get on with your life and find someone who will make you happier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭ADUB?

OP
    It might be the way you are asking him to go to cinema out etc,
    He might see it as nagging? maybe?

I suggest, sitting him down and saying we need to talk. Just u and him, with no computers in front of him, if its on ask him to turn it off, as what you have to say is important

Then be honest and as clear as possible without interruption. he can have his say after you finish talking. Say you feeling, bored and that you would like to go out once in a while, share the cost nothing to fancy and would be nice to treat each other now and again, get a bit of excitement and no same old same old etc.

See what he says, if he doesnt respond then I'd suggest you leave him, as you both too different (morelike he is too immature, and would rather play on a computer than have a grown up relationship)
    Best of Luck

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

If it was me I would have dumped the person in question ages go. Whats the point in being in a relationship when you are bored all the time? He is never going to change because its obvious to everyone here that he doesnt care that much about you.

The fact that you are thinking you could marry this guy is just utter craziness!!

Do yourself a favour and give him an ultimatum to stop playing with his computer so much or you will dump him. If it was me I wouldnt even bother with the ultimatum I would just dump him anyway.

Man that guy sounds like the most boring person you could meet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Guy sounds like a complete tool.

Get rid of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

ok thanks everyone for ur opinions

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

evryone seems to be of the same opinion hopefully u can see past how u feel and get sorted...best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Sorry mine was a bit abrupt, but the guy obviously has no real intrest.
    The only reason you're there is for occasional sex.

You have to leave him now, while there's no complications.
    If you stay togethor there'll be accomodation/children involved..

Good Luck

Advertisement