Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boredom

Options
  • 18-07-2005 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

:confused::confused: i have a problem, i feel myself and my partner have a boring relationship in relation to going out to places and stuff. we never go out to the cinema or to dinner. wer always in his house. its really getting to me cos i like goin out doin stuff. any opinions??

how often do you and your partner go out durin the week? an where do you's go? 21 votes

0% 0 votes
    19% 4 votes
    more than 2
    38% 8 votes
    42% 9 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Perhaps talk to him/her about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

i have!! all i get is 1 ive no money, 2 im not in the mood, 3 or im busy!

help, i hate staying in while hes on his computer because hes a big computer geek, i sumtimes think he loves the computers more than me, ive said that to him before but he says im bein silly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Misticles,

How old are ye? How long have ye being going out? Do ye have jobs? Maybe money is an issue for him.

im 19 and hes 20. wev been goin out 18 mnths. i have a job. he fixes computers and plays bagpipes for a living. so he has a good bit of money, and a few hundred in the bank. so money isnt the problem. i really hate staying in doing nothing. even if it was just to the cinema once a week or for dinner once in a while. but we do absoloutley NOTHING!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Misticles wrote:
    wer always in his house.
    Invite him to dinner and a social evening in your place, where you don't have a computer.

easier said than done. he never wants to come to my house cos my mam is a bit wacko when she get the old alcohol in her, ya know. plus i cant cook. id like him to treat me once in a while ya know. show me that im appeciated. but he dosnt. he rants on about equality. i like to be treated once in a while, is that too much to ask??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Misticles wrote:
    easier said than done. he never wants to come to my house cos my mam is a bit wacko when she get the old alcohol in her, ya know. plus i cant cook. id like him to treat me once in a while ya know. show me that im appeciated. but he dosnt. he rants on about equality. i like to be treated once in a while, is that too much to ask??
    Oh, Little Miss. How approporiate, it would appear.
    Misticles wrote:
    id like him to treat me once in a while ya know. show me that im appeciated.
    You been doing the same, by any chance?

Why don't you offer to take him out, if he says he has no money. Then the next week suggest doing something similar, only he pays. Or split the bill.

i do, i offered last week to go the cinema tonight, it was all go untill earlier today when i got... im not in the mood and i was really looking forward to it. he has money! he just prefers to be on a computer than out with me. well thats how i feel anyways

any opinions or advice for me?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

dump him no decent man would rather look at a computer when his missus is around

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

You should normally get a good 5-6 years out of a relationship before he starts acting like this. Do you see any future with him?

yes, i can see myself marrying him

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

so you want to marry somebody that plays with computers all day and gives u little attention are you mental there will be plenty of men out there triping over themselves to pay u the atttention you deserve

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

has he ever gone out wit u or is it just recently...he could have a phobia or something...i think u should be a bitch and fight wit him over it cos stayin in like that is not healthy for him or the relationship

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Ohh, when did we go out last.... oh god i dunno, Friday Maybe?

its always been like this. i think wev been to the cinema about 4 or 5 times since wev been together. which is 18mnths.trust me ive fought. and i get told im making a big deal out of nothing. we were supposed to go to the cinema tonight. i said it to him last week and earlier today, he decides hes not i the mood. we wnt out friday for a few hours cos it was his friends 21st, surely that cant count wen im takin about just both of us going out

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

Is your fellas name david by any chance?

who am i kiddin, yes his name is david, why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭cordelia

You're going to have pull out the big armor and prepare to do battle.

Come over to his house with the clothes you are going to wear. Make sure this involves either heels or boots and two nice dresses. Pull out the matching lace panties, bra, sheer stockings with garter. If you don't have them - buy them. While he is sitting there, staring at his computer, you start getting dressed. Right next to the computer. Use the desk of his console to pull up the stockings and clip them on the garter. Ask him to help you do up the clasp on the bra. Bring a small mirror and do your makeup and hair right where he can see you out of the corner of his eye, whilst wearing only your underthings.
    If he's really clueless by now, I personally would probably dump him. However, you seem to love the fella, so bring one of the two dresses you brought, sit down on his lap in your undies and ask him which dress he would like you to wear.
    Speechless or sputtering is good. Staring redfaced and openmouthed is also good. Leering at your cleavage with wandering hands is optimum. A normal fella with any sort of libido will cop on by now and insist that you try on both, just to see, and walk around infront of him. He'd also offer to assist with the necessary zipping and unzipping, just to be helpful you see. :D
    Odds are you're going to be late for the cinema, so make sure there's a late show. :cool:
    If he does nothing but continues to geek away on the computer you have just received any and all necessary answers. Pick up your stuff and leave. The fella is existing without a heart beat and has obviously sold his soul to Microsoft. Move on and find another guy who can appreciate a good tease when it's offered by the objects of his affections ;):D

• Advertisement

sorry but thats not my style

i wanna go out with coredelia :p...i think throwin sex in his face would work but it may just land u in a spiral because u would be goin out of your way to make him happy

precisely!! sumtimes he prefers computers over sex. although sex isnt a major problem

woah!! thats not good i'm mad into computers but i don't think i'd ever turn down a shag for anything...well maybe steak mmm steak :p... no really thats not good in any relationship...is he a chatty guy??

ye, hes chatty enough i suppose. i just dont think he gets how much it annoys me

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Misticles wrote:
    precisely!! sumtimes he prefers computers over sex. although sex isnt a major problem
    'Daddy or Chips'

If hes turning down sex he must be mad!

Is there something worrying him?

he obviously either doesn't know or doesn't care how much it annoys u...have yis talked about it???

ive tried lots but he dismisses it all the time and says im bein silly

well then he's bein an ass hole was it like this from day one...i'd put up an ultimatum cos u can't go on like that...maybe even suggest a break just to give him a kick up the arse

• Advertisement

even if i took ur advice i know that it would make no difference to him

Advertisement