Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boredom

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

its not about him its about u he's not puttin any effort in..u deserve better than that don't u??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

thats the way he is! hes watchin all these posts. i sd to him before that im in this relationship alot more than he is. tbh i dont think he takes me seriously

kinda copped that he was watchin...why don't u just say it to him if u know he knows...personally i wouldn't stand for it...even from a friendship pov its just common decency to acknowledge your needs

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

if it was me id say ya know what david im tired real tired of this and idpress thestandby button on his pc.swivel him round in his chair and say its like this mister its either the computer or me coz im damn well sick of this **** oh and if you truely do love me you will detach yourself from the mouse and get some excersize or blood flowing through those vains of yours.
    now he probably will be mad for pressing his sacred pc but thats what u will have to do.coz no human contact is bad

good advice standndeliver

• Advertisement

ive tried stuff along the same lines. never worked

well are u willing to just accept this about him and continue the way u are??

i dunno. he just dosnt get it, its his nature not to take anythin seriously i think

but u obviously do take your relationship seriously so u need to do something...sometimes u have to hurt yourself to help yourself

yes, i do take it seriously, he dosnt!not one bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Ok .. leave him tbh.

Its one thing being on a computer a lot [trust me I know this] but not wanting to do things with you just shows he has no interest in you and doesnt really care about you.

so its up to u to confront him and tell him how u feel... sorry if this is offensive but ur relationship sounds dead and u need to spice it up or move on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Misticles wrote:
    any opinions or advice for me?
    Dump him.

ah i dunno tbh. its all too much for me. and its sumhn soooo simple, yet a whole different concep for him

Tell him stright and give him the option. He can sit there on his computer and let you walk away on him, he probably might not even notice. Or he can actually go out and do something with you, talk to you more and in some way actually interact with the outside world.

you try telling him that!

Ok.

hes being all affectionate now cos hes seen the posts but i cann surely say that it wont last long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

GET OUT
    GET OUT NOW
    and dont look back

He will not change, you will love him and mind him and pamper him,
    he will take it all and as long as he has his creature comforts do the minium
    to make you happen when you cant stand it any more and raise hell.

If he is like this with you and he is ment to be in a relationship with you
    he will be worse when you move into gether.
    If he is like this with you now he wont pay any kids you have enough notice either.

Get out, make a life for yourslef, do the things that make you happy.
    Get new friends that will do and go places with you and eventually you will
    replace him with some one who values you and the time spent with you .

that all sounds great....

• Advertisement

if you dotn have kids or a house together it is that simple,
    you make a stand and things change for good or you go and get on with your life.

he dosnt take me seriously! if i say something like that, he thinks i dont mean it an ill come straight back to him, and i hate the fact that he thinks like this

Then go.
    If he donest take you seriously now then he never will.
    Life is too short to drink bad wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Misticles wrote:
    he dosnt take me seriously! if i say something like that, he thinks i dont mean it an ill come straight back to him, and i hate the fact that he thinks like this
    You are repeating yourself OVER AND OVER again. People have been giving you the same advice and you give the same replies. What part of "Dump Him" do you not understand? Nearly 20 people have said the same thing and you still haven't acted upon the rather obvious advice; frankly it sounds to me as if you two are perfect for each other - you seem to be as lazy as he is! Just walk away from him and stop making crummy excuses.

but i love him loads

u love the feelin of security that u love cos he's just not into it..he's probably sound but he's not interested in a relationship wit u

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭crazymonkey

Leave Him, he is taking you for granted, and thats not good, he will never change,,,,,,,,,

im mega confused

ok so whats good about your relationship that has u confused

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

jesus people relax will ya's!!??

In a way i'm kinda like the guy in question, i do like going out, it's just the 'getting out' that's a pain in the ass!! I'm a lazy ****er, i can't tell ya the amount of times i've bought tickets to gigs, and then come the night in question, i just don't feel like moving!! Some people are just like that!

Now don't take this the wrong way Misticles, but you're a woman, and so i'm natural going to believe that everything you say is just a tiny bit exaggerated to suit your side of the story, just a tiny bit!!:) Again, don't take that the wrong way.

I don't think he prefers the computer over you, you just think that because, well, as i said, you're a woman. You woman always over analyze everything.

Anyway, some people, like myself, are just the staying in type, we like to relax, watch a dvd, go on the net, the thought of driving ,getting a bus(especially getting a bus) just turns us off. I know before i met my gf i was ALWAYS in, i just prefered to be on my own and do my own thing.

I'm presuming this guy is the same, you just have to get him out of this mindset(may not be too easy). I presume he likes films, why would anyone who likes film not want to go to the cinema? The fact is that he probably does like going to the cinema, he just too lazy to actually get there! Which turns him off going altogether!

I'm just speaking from my own point of view, but it may help. You just have to keep nagging him to go, BELIEVE me, we DON'T like a nagging woman!!

Advertisement