Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the half blood prince

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

mmm_cheese wrote:
    snape had to kill dumbledore to save himself.........maybe when Dumbledore looked at Snape and said ...please Severus......maybe they had spoken about this happening and that Dumbledore wanted him if that that situation arouse, to kill him......thus saying please to killing him .....and maybe help Harry once he's gone..??!!?
    this is of course more speculation but...dumbledore probably knows about the unbreakable vow and he was sayign please to beg snape to kill him and save malfroy...malfroy still hasn't done a really bad deed etc and remember dumbledore has a habit of believing in the good of people etc. All will be revealed in the next book through snape's memory i think...or a talking dumbledore portrait.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭*marie*

Some of this editorial is very interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

CodeMonkey wrote:
    this is of course more speculation but...dumbledore probably knows about the unbreakable vow and he was sayign please to beg snape to kill him and save malfroy...malfroy still hasn't done a really bad deed etc and remember dumbledore has a habit of believing in the good of people etc. All will be revealed in the next book through snape's memory i think...or a talking dumbledore portrait.
    I actually quite like this idea.
    I dunno about the Malfoy bit, but the bit about Snape having an Unbreakable Vow with Voldemort for whatever reason, as opposed to with Dumbledore as myself and a few other people mentioned earlier in this thread, makes a lot more sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭supersheep

*marie* wrote:
    Some of this editorial is very interesting
    Interesting and original, but I doubt it... Mainly cos someone would have to be magical to get it...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

good book but too short/not nuff story...maybe a few thousand pages would be better!

• Advertisement

Actually, on further thought, that editorial makes more sense... But I think RAB is a Squib, like Merope, and gets her power back at some point after she hits adulthood... Seems more likely than the whole St. Mungo's thing, IMO...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

Agree that the book is really only a setup for the last one, however there was a lot of character devlopment that needed to happen.

I don't actually think DD is dead, would be pretty easy for a powerful wizard to fake their own death, this serves more than one purpose.

He needs Harry to think he is on his own and have the resolve to get LV
    He needs LV to think that DD is dead.
    its too obvious RAB is Regalius Black. I like the theory on the editorial but think that kid mat turn out to be some one we know already. Needs to be the same age as LV, Sirius, Harry Parents etc.

Another theory I have on this(not seen it elsewhere is that it actually is 2 people R and B.
    I think Harry is one of the horcruxes, there are lots of clues in previous books that lead to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

i like the idea that DD is not dead....surely he would not leave harry alone with no help to fight the most powerful dark lord....also i just dont want him to be dead!

Lord Voldemort is about thirty to forty years older than Lily or Sirius... I doubt Harry is a
    Horcrux
    for the reasons outlined before...
    RAB being two people is an interesting theory, although the note does say I...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

This book was way better than the 5th! I didn't expeect to be that gud but exceeded my expectations! I agree with many of the conspiracy(sp?) theories regarding Snape....I also think i know who R.A.B is!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

I really enjoyed HBP ... although there did appear to be a lot of padding, I don't feel it took away from the book at all!
    I also believe that the love story element to it was a good idea, so as to show the main difference between Harry and Voldy [i.e. the ability to love].
    No one appears to have mentioned it yet, so I may be alone on this, but when Harry came down from the tower chasing Snape et. al and he noticed the person on the floor, did anyone notice that JKR made it a point to mention the names of all the people present battling the death eaters! I believe she did this to make people question why Hermione wasn't mentioned - clutching at straws - very maybe :D
    In relation to Snape, I hope that Snape isn't good [thus showing Dumbledore's weakness - overtrusting people] & I also hope that Harry gives his life up in the final book [as the final horcrux] thus enabling Malfoy to kill Voldy - total redemption

Advertisement