Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IMPORTANT NEWS FOR IOL NOLIMITS CUSTOMERS

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

i can just picture the guys from DnC, Netshop and Nethouse rubbing their hands togheter. smile.gif

adnans

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I got the letter this morning i dunno i feel very very very + inifnity annoyed.
    frown.gifmad.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.gifmad.gifmad.gif
    I tis meant ot be nolimits and you are being charged £20 a month for unlimited unmetered offpeak usage and hten they get rid of ya for abusing it?!? ONLY in this stupid rock would this happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

hey, let's all pretend for a moment snaga knows what he's talking about .............................................................

okay! now that that's done, let's point out to him that there's no such thing as a "flat rate isp" in the USA, because local calls there are totally free anyway, so by default, whether they like it or not, they're all focking flat rate.

but yeah, these sort of things can only really work if they're done by the likes of BT. cos they can charge themselves whatever they want to wink.gif their flatrate ISP is still going strong. it seems other flatrate ISPs in the UK close down more often than i change my socks.

sorry snaga. just venting my anger at these esat beeyotches smile.gif haven't done enough venting... must find innocent bystandards to duff up... must vent... must kill... must... mmmmm, donut..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 brianf666

Just a little after-thought from our friends at ESAT unclear or whatever they call themselves today. My nolimits connection was terminated on Tuesday June 12th. Today (14th) I got a bill for last month's calls and the next month's connection fee. They have already taken it out of my bank! Discontinuing their dervice may be legal but still charging for it is NOT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Gladiator

esat billing system works a month behind, so this months bill is for last month,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Also, id just like to add that with a fair few of you now kicked off, everything has noticably improved. My ping is back to a lovley 200 on BW, and im getting decent download rates. /me fluffles esat

Moriarty
    mrmoriarty@eircom.net

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Carnate

Just to make a point to all there is no disconnecting in the states, as all local calls are free!

Just to clear up any misunderstandings!

btw im just back from Silicon Valley smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Balfa:

let's point out to him that there's no such thing as a "flat rate isp" in the USA
    </font>

Sorry i didnt make myself clearer here.

I should have kept the US to a seperate section. A few ISP's in the states, DSL isps specifically have had to close off users or shut down completely due to the cost of renting the lines from the local telco.

I hope thats cleared that bit up for you.

Advertisement