Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FFS, whats he playing at?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

....and of course men/women who ignore text are just not "men enough" to speak face to face + very unpolite. I much prefer to speak straight, and it is always appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

....and of course men/women who ignore text are just not "men enough" to speak face to face + very unpolite. I much prefer to speak straight, and it is always appreciated.
    You're right, it is the cowardly way out. But probably the easy way out when the dumper doesn't really know the dumpee or plan to see her / her again.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Ruhan

text messages are the downfall of society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Sifo

Sorry babe, it doesnt look good... if i was in anyway interested in a girl i'd reply to her text sick or not... im sure all the men in here will agree...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Sifo wrote:
    Sorry babe, it doesnt look good... if i was in anyway interested in a girl i'd reply to her text sick or not... im sure all the men in here will agree...

I'm a girl and i agree. It works for us too. If we like a guy we behave as normal as possible so that he'll fall for us. We would reply to his txt and calls if we realy wanted him. If we didnt want him and were cowards we'd just blank him and give some lame excuse and hope he goes away.

Dont get so hung up on him hun. Get tárted up tonight and head into town :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Regardless, if he does ultimately contact you, be sure to examine whatever excuse he gives you coldly and not believe it simply because you want to believe it. I know from very cynical experience that you can spin pretty much any implausible yarn to a woman if she’s more interested in you than the truth.

After a bumpy start, TC comes back with a gem. :)

If he said he's gonna be there in an hour, then you don't hear from him, it means that he's not overly interested (I know that I've done similar things as a youngfella, but never would have done it with my (now) wife when we were going out 3 weeks).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Femmy wrote:
    we even joked about my brother ( his friend) kicking his ass if he ever hurt my feelings....

Thats a severe irritation. Believe me. What you and he do is no one elses f*cking business.

Let it go Femmy. Get a new deodorising core and all will be right.

K-

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

BizzyC wrote:
    Men do drop a woman if she is a headwrecker......
    Stop looking for "the One", there is no "One". There are thousands out there with whom you could have a long lasting meaningful relationship.

lol omg, you have got to see the Matrix, You'll be happy you did after, THE ONE!!!.

To me it actually sounds like he's sick, give him a few days and stop bashing him. True I could be wrong but you havent given too much time.

+ "Men do drop a woman if she is a headwrecker......" wtf, Why would somebody want to be with a headwrecker, its headwrecking.... thus they should drop em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

latest update
    he got in contact on fri morning, i was working so didnt reply all day, when i did it was a bit sarcastic and saying i presumed it was finished.
    he txted back wit that i always presume things and without trust we have nothing or something along those lines.
    it has nothing whatsoever to do with trust! just his total lack of interest!
    needless to say i havent heard from him 2day.

last update then : talking to him saturday, things were grand, met him saturday nite, had a massive row.i finished it. talking to him the next day(yesterday-sunday) and we both agreed to be just friends for a while and see how things go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

TBH, it looks as if there is some difference in how you each view your relationship with each other. If your relationship was simply ‘a bit of a laugh’ as you originally suggested then his behaviour does not exactly merit your reaction, even if it was inconsiderate. If you’re actually dating or going out, as it were, then he was certainly out of order.

It might be an idea if you establish and agree that with him before you accuse him of transgressing rules that he mightn’t have known were in place.

TBH, it looks as if there is some difference in how you each view your relationship with each other. If your relationship was simply ‘a bit of a laugh’ as you originally suggested then his behaviour does not exactly merit your reaction, even if it was inconsiderate. If you’re actually dating or going out, as it were, then he was certainly out of order.

It might be an idea if you establish and agree that with him before you accuse him of transgressing rules that he mightn’t have known were in place.

i didnt say our relationship was a bit of a laugh, i said that when we were together or spoke, we always had a laugh.
    there was no doubt that we were going out. we were a couple.

Femmy wrote:
    there was no doubt that we were going out. we were a couple.
    I must have misunderstood. So long as he hasn't, I stand corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

ROFL, you were going out for 3 weeks.....
    I'm sorry, but it's absolutely ridiculous to claim you were a couple, after 3 casual weeks, without any kind of actual commitment made.
    You need to get over it. The fact that you've gotten so worked up about it shows how desperate you are to find a relationship. If you don't relax, you'll scare guys away.

kjt wrote:
    "Men do drop a woman if she is a headwrecker......" wtf, Why would somebody want to be with a headwrecker, its headwrecking.... thus they should drop em.
    thank you for quoting me, to say "wtf", and then echo the exact point I was making....

BizzyC wrote:
    ROFL, you were going out for 3 weeks.....
    I'm sorry, but it's absolutely ridiculous to claim you were a couple, after 3 casual weeks, without any kind of actual commitment made.
    You need to get over it. The fact that you've gotten so worked up about it shows how desperate you are to find a relationship. If you don't relax, you'll scare guys away.

glad u got such a kick out of it.
    who said it was three casual weeks? i knew him before we started going out, so its not like we took 3 weeks to get to know eachother. we went out, we were a couple.
    who said there was no kind of actual commitment made? besides you.

anyway, topic over.

Ber, feel free to close this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Sorry, didn't realise you knew him well before the 3 weeks in question.
    Still though, sounds like your expectations were too high for someone at the start of a relationship. Maybe he picked up on this and got scared.

I'm just saying that if you take a more fun-loving approach to men, you might find yourself a decent one.

How did knowing him previously imply any greater commitment?

BizzyC said, and i quote "it's absolutely ridiculous to claim you were a couple, after 3 casual weeks"

thats all very well for people who only know eachother for 3 weeks, you couldnt really say u were a couple then cos u wouldnt know eachother well enough yeah?

But i knew this guy before hand so we never had to go through the "getting to know u" stage, which made it easier for us to establish if we wanted to be in a relationship with eachother or not( which we did, as we had a genunie attraction to eachother), we knew what the other person was like before we started to go out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

But you dont,
    who you are to your friends and what you expect of them
    and what behaviour is permitted to and from them,
    is somewhat different then that of some one you are dating/seeing.

You could know someone for 10 years but still 3 weeks into a relationship
    with that person is still that a mere 3 weeks of a relationship not a friendship.
    You may know thier favourite movie and restraunt but you are not going to
    know how they will react or treat you as you have not be in this position in thier life.

It can happen you get invovled with a friend and then afterward realise that
    he isnt a saint and maybe some of the things thier ex's said were valid after all.

Give the guy the benefit of the doubt and if you are going to take this budding
    relationship so seriously sit him down and have a talk about what you
    consider to be reasonible and respectfull behaviour from the both of you while
    in this relationship.

well were finished now anyway.
    so, thats it really i guess.
    thank you to everyone who posted on this thread and for all the advice - it is very much apprieciated.

-Femmy

• Advertisement

ok , now i'm really confused...since we decided to "be friends" he's been txting me every day, not saying anything in particular just chatting, but he's txting more now than he did when we were together.
    i always thought "lets just be friends" meant "please dont contact me again...your a freak"

Advertisement