Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FFS, whats he playing at?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Kell is the only one talkinh sense.
    Men do drop a woman if she is a headwrecker......
    Stop looking for "the One", there is no "One". There are thousands out there with whom you could have a long lasting meaningful relationship.
    It's been 3 weeks, relax.

Just ease off him for a while, see what happens.
    Ever consider that he may have lost his phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Boggle

Sit back and let him do the chasin - you never know what could be goin on. It's possible yer man's just had a head fcuk week and just hasn't had the energy to think/needed to sort things out/whatever. If ye're goin anywhere then it'll happen in its own course.

Of course he may have thought of you as an easy shag (pardon the bluntness) and if he didn't get it then he may have just given up - but you'll have to work that out for yourself. G'luk and above all: Don't Stress!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Seems to me that gals LOVE to yap. Why then do ye subject yourselves to a lifetime of txt'ing and agonising waits for replies that aint gonna happen when its obviosly so painfull for ye? Will he? Won't? Did you hear a beep? Maybe his battery is dead?

If you want to test whether or not he's getting these texts just text him saying that yourself and a good looking friend want to dress up as sexy nurses and experiment with his sexual reflexes. Bet he'll be back to you within' 20 seconds with some lame excuse as to why he hadn't responded sooner - for yes he sounds lame, very lame.

I'll concur with that earlier poster that said guys will chase girls they like, and jump through ridiculous hoops for them - also you can't be chased if you're stuck under his feet being needy....be chaseable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

Maybe he lost his phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

maybe he fell and couldn't get up?

Chillax the kaks :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

he didnt lose his phone, he txted yesterday to say he had been sick,
    imo no excuse to say u'll call and then not.
    havent heard from him since then, i replied to that msg but havent sent any since.
    its up to him now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

will ya listen to yourself? jeez!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

sorry to hear that babe best of luck with the next guy..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

maybe maybe maybe.....

it never fails to surprise me how much effort people put into a relationship that after 3 days seems to be going nowhere.

'oh, i havent heard from him in 5 days, but ive phoned and left messages and mailed and texted and i just cant seem to get hold of him. do you think hes playing games?'

if you are getting crap like that after a few weeks, why would you put so much effort into keeping in contact.
    have you no self esteem?

do you think that you cant find someone else and this is your last chance of happiness.
    no offense, but i see this constantly, and to be honest, it smacks of deperation.

everyone always seems so deperate to keep hold of some partner that they just dont seem to be having fun with.
    this whole playing games, not calling, ignoring, being rude, all that crap.
    if there is any of that in a relatiosnhip at the start, what makes you so sure it will go away?

why do you feel the need to deperatly try to hang on to someone like this?

the human race never fails to astound me with its stubornness and stupidness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 PIguru

everyone always seems so deperate to keep hold of some partner that they just dont seem to be having fun with.
    stupidness.

but they are having fun...she says they always have a great laugh when they talk,which is a positive sign that hes still interested..

• Advertisement

PIguru wrote:
    but they are having fun...she says they always have a great laugh when they talk,which is a positive sign that hes still interested..

well, thats great.
    but what about the times when she cant get hold of him?

the fact that he talks to her is a sign that hes got a pulse, and is probably trying to angle sex in there somewhere.

i was wondering how long it would take WWM to get a hold of this thread and make me look like an idiot.

the first three weeks were great, definately felt like he had interest, but what i just didnt understand was how he could change his mind in the space of an hour or less, to having interest and planning on calling over, to having no interest and ignoring me.

i wasnt txting, ringing, mailing like a mad woman.

the day he didnt call over i let it go for the day and i txted him that nite just messing with him that he had fallen asleep.

the next day i rang once, txted once...i was worried about him, he drives for a living and with very little sleep the night before i was worried that something had happened him, there's nothing wrong with that.

the following day(yesterday) i rang once and txted once, to which he replied that he had been sick.

i havent heard from him since and i expect i probably wont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Another possibility is that he’s just hedging his bets and has put you on the back burner as he tries someone else. If that doesn’t work out he can always drop you a line and you’ll accept whatever cock and bull story he comes up with.

oh and TC, u took ur time in giving your 2 cents.

Femmy wrote:
    oh and TC, u took ur time in giving your 2 cents.
    Be thankful for your replies here. After all, you don't seem to be getting many from men elsewhere.

sorry, is there an issue with people you dont like giving feedback on this thread?

or is it you just dont like the feedback.

i dont propose to make anyone look like a fool, but if my inturpretation of your situation makes you feel like a fool, then maybe there is something to take from it?

instead of getting defensive about something that youve posted about, how about you learn to take things on board?

so let me know about your issues regarding both myself and TC.

and as far as this thread goes. he hasnt called you again. he may he may not, who knows. we dont.

After all, you don't seem to be getting many from men elsewhere.

be useful TC,or get your books and your bags...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

now now girls
    less of that please!
    /edit
    speedy wwm

btw femmy
    you may not like what tc and wwm have to say, but I'd bet money there's a hint of truth in what they both say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

As Plactic Scouser said, women can be just as guilty of the ignore and they'll go away dumping method.

I know a girl who I went out with years ago and we drifted apart amicably. I always thought she was the one and would have probably have gotten back together with her up until a few months ago if the opputtunity arose.
    She'll meet up with you, chat away on phone and text non-stop and then bam, nothing for 2 or 3 weeks, no answers to calls or texts and then she'll pick up where she left off like nothings happened without any explanation / apology.

WWM i knew u would arrive and make me out to be an idiot chasing him, with your earlier comment that i was txting ringing mailing....it wasnt like that atall.

your right, he hasnt rang,and i'm resigned to the fact that he prob wont.
    the comments here were helpfull, made me thing maybe it was just looking for sex, maybe he is trying his luck with some1 else as we speak.

• Advertisement

be useful TC,or get your books and your bags...
    She started it... :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Femmy wrote:
    made me thing maybe it was just looking for sex.

well of course he was, there's not a red blooded bloke on this planet who isn't!

Beruthiel wrote:
    well of course he was, there's not a red blooded bloke on this planet who isn't!

sorry, i meant ALL he was looking for.

Femmy wrote:
    WWM i knew u would arrive and make me out to be an idiot chasing him, with your earlier comment that i was txting ringing mailing....it wasnt like that atall.

the comments here were helpfull, made me thing maybe it was just looking for sex, maybe he is trying his luck with some1 else as we speak.

actually, my comments were fairly generic, and werent aimed at you.
    people kept saying that maybe he was this and maybe he was that and maybe he was the other.
    who knows, only he does.

if you took something from them, applied it to yourself and came up with your own thoughts (which you did), then like i said, maybe there is something to be said...?

hell, ive dumped girls before by not talking to them. hell, i even did it in college, where we are all sopposed to be very mature!

but who cares about those people? they are just growing up, and it will continue to happen.

its the people that refuse to let someone go when their better natures are suggesting that they should move on.
    again, not aimed at you, youre perticular situation is just a small scale scenario that ive seen (and most of us have seen right here on boards) of people who are not willing to let go. i dont think you are stalking him, or obsessing, but you posted up here, so it was serious enough for you to worry about it.

like i said, he may phone you back, he may not. why dont you just phone him and say, 'hey, you didnt ohone, im not going to play stupid games with you, youre dumped. anything to say...? goodbye.'

at least you stop wondering, youve broken contact, you can move on, youre not waiting around in case hes sick, or hes fallen over and is in hospital, etc etc etc.

make any sense?

Femmy wrote:
    In fairness while more likely, these are only possibilities. After all, it’s only been two and a half days and it could actually be due to illness or similar. What’s probably more important here is that either way you forget about it and get on with your life.

Regardless, if he does ultimately contact you, be sure to examine whatever excuse he gives you coldly and not believe it simply because you want to believe it. I know from very cynical experience that you can spin pretty much any implausible yarn to a woman if she’s more interested in you than the truth.

actually, my comments were fairly generic, and werent aimed at you.
    people kept saying that maybe he was this and maybe he was that and maybe he was the other.
    who knows, only he does.

if you took something from them, applied it to yourself and came up with your own thoughts (which you did), then like i said, maybe there is something to be said...?

hell, ive dumped girls before by not talking to them. hell, i even did it in college, where we are all sopposed to be very mature!

but who cares about those people? they are just growing up, and it will continue to happen.

its the people that refuse to let someone go when their better natures are suggesting that they should move on.
    again, not aimed at you, youre perticular situation is just a small scale scenario that ive seen (and most of us have seen right here on boards) of people who are not willing to let go. i dont think you are stalking him, or obsessing, but you posted up here, so it was serious enough for you to worry about it.

like i said, he may phone you back, he may not. why dont you just phone him and say, 'hey, you didnt ohone, im not going to play stupid games with you, youre dumped. anything to say...? goodbye.'

at least you stop wondering, youve broken contact, you can move on, youre not waiting around in case hes sick, or hes fallen over and is in hospital, etc etc etc.

make any sense?

yeah it makes sence

think it would be a bad idea to ring him and say that though, i'm not going to contact him any more.

but its going to be awkward seeing him again, if he had just said to me he wants to finish, that would be fine, i would have no problems talking to him in public and being friends, but this has just made things sour.

he lives local, he's 27 i'm 25, he's acting like a child.
    i will see him again. if i go to the local pub i will see him, fortunately i'm working all weekend, so i wont be seeing him but next weekend there will be no avoiding him.

why couldnt he just be mature about it.

we even joked about my brother ( his friend) kicking his ass if he ever hurt my feelings....

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Son_of_Belial

Maybe as well as being sick he had no credit as well? Perhaps he's also deliberately keeping you on the long finger. Doesn't want to look too desparate now does he? ;)

Maybe as well as being sick he had no credit as well? Perhaps he's also deliberately keeping you on the long finger. Doesn't want to look too desparate now does he? ;)

he has a bill phone, maybe keeping me on the long finger...but thats just game playing.

still havent heard from him yet....i havent got in contact with him either though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

if i was him i wouldnt be txtin back if you were txtin so much..tbh...give him space

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

ionapaul wrote:
    I have to admit I know his (apparent) method of rejection well - ignore 'em till they just go away. Don't know why I do this, but it comes naturally to all men!

Women do the same, don't they?

I learn never to send two messages in a row....if she doesn't answer is her loss, I am certainly not going to beg any woman...especially cause there are so many around :D

Advertisement