Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

driving on motorways with provisional licence

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭pontovic

Alun wrote:
    So am I (not Irish, BTW), but I'm not resident in the UK, and am therfore not allowed to obtain a UK provisional licence. Look at the regulations on the DVLA website if you don't believe me.

We have these same discussions every time this topic, or the old VRT chestnut, comes up. Just because your mother's maiden aunt was English, or your brother's girlfriend's father in law lives in NI and you stay there sometimes at weekends doesn't magically give you UK residency status. Live with it.

Again we have aggro. Theres no need to jump on me mate I was only asking and there is no harm in that. Its not that I dont believe you either so take it easy. Some people around here really need to chill out.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Sorry, it wasn't actually directed at you, but these very same questions come up again, and again, and again here with exactly the same answers and it gets a bit tedious sometimes :)

Alun wrote:
    Sorry, it wasn't actually directed at you, but these very same questions come up again, and again, and again here with exactly the same answers and it gets a bit tedious sometimes :)

Thats ok Alun, though its good to get these things in the open sometimes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

I'm getting fed up of all the provisional threads.
    Pass your test like everyone else and then you can have the same rights as us.
    Otherwise stay off the roads unless you are accompanied

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

commited wrote:
    I'm getting fed up of all the provisional threads.
    Pass your test like everyone else and then you can have the same rights as us.
    Otherwise stay off the roads unless you are accompanied

Likewise I'm getting fed up of them (even if I did start one :eek: ) but until the mess that is the driving test process is sorted what else do you expect.

Cullen needs to get the finger out and sort it once and for all

• Advertisement

would it be worthwile starting a campaign similar to the irelandoffline campaign to get the government to sort out the waiting list problem ?

Advertisement