Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best Bike for a VIP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

528i wrote:
    hey peasent ... 'evidently fear is not a factor for you' - ohh the shame of riding that ww2 yoke lol - / runs and hides :D

There's a guy in Germany converts these yokes to a 1000 cc Hatz diesel engine (also to be found in mini diggers and the like)

In some weird, distorted and unrational way I'm severely tempted to get one of those :D .

Get the sidecar bolted on to the other side, adapt it so it can safely contain the dogs, engage side car drive shaft and awayyyy through the fields :cool:

Or maybe just away with the fairies? Who knows ... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

jiffy wrote:
    Lol, if you want to talk livlier and unrestricted, this is my weapon of choice !

RC45.jpg

It runs a full HRC wiring harness, ignition system, exhausts, airbox and igntion map. It's dyno confirmed at 152Bhp and if you have an area and the balls to do it, you can go from 0 -160kph and back to 0 again in 5 point something seconds or just keep going to 320Kph. Is that lively enough for you.

I just use it to get to work and back :)

MMmmmmmm, that's f**kin' nice, I think I just shorted my mouse with drool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

guys this 528i guys is 1 weirdo.he has no life he keeps appologising and then doing the same s**t. this thread should be locked and let him do his own research.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

jiffy wrote:
    you can go from 0 -160kph and back to 0 again in 5 point something seconds or just keep going to 320Kph. Is that lively enough for you.

Ah id keep going to 320Kmph........and then to 0 again to see how long that takes!
    No fun in just going to 160Kmph......keep her wide open! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Yeh sure that's barely second gear, still four more to go :P

• Advertisement

Fabritzo wrote:
    Yeh sure that's barely second gear, still four more to go :P

And just as you change into forth gear......you remember what your mother always said about wearing clean underwear...........damn...i just sh*t myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

How about one of these bad boys?

Victor wrote:
    How about one of these bad boys?

Yip.....definately what 528i needs.......fits all the criteria (image below too)
    VERY FAST
    COOL & TRENDY
    RELIABLE
    DEFINATELY EASY TO RIDE :D

AND

WELL WITHIN BUDGET......so he can spend the extra cash on some nice modifactions!!! :D

PS....no restrictions either.....you can go as fast as you possibly can....the skys the limit !!!
    528i wrote:
    ok, I'd like some suggestions as to which motorbike to buy

Requirements ;

Very Fast, (gsxr-750 = pants ?)

Cool & Trendy, (whats hip and happening in the biking world thesedays ? )

Reliable (are Ducatis considered unreliable ?)

Easy to ride,

Budget €7,500 up

It's probably best not to start out on something like a turbocharged Busa, but I reckon I could handle a CBR900/ZXR1200 kinda thing, obviously wont be ripping the sh|t out of it starting off and none too concerned about draging knees or hanging 2mm from corner apexes etc., so touring spec is fine- once its jaw-dropingly quick in a straight line.

No BS 125cc 'starting out' suggestions please :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭jiffy

Lmao :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

I hear psycho bikers are giving us all a bad rep, confirm/deny.

would you not consider keeping it in the family and getting one of these
    base_darkgraphite_on_white.jpg
    after all, you dont want anyone to think you'ld caught the gay and developed a taste for garish pokemon-esque rice burners would you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 The Termignator

Ducati ownership is ruled out to you on two grounds: you won't get a proper one for less than 15K; and you obviously haven't attained the social standing necessary to become a member.

And who cares about this reliability shyte? If it breaks down, we call a fella in greasy overalls to fix them...or just buy a new one.

I suggest one of those lurid-coloured, old-skool Honda RC45 yokes pictured above as a start-off machine. Look, it even comes with stabilisers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

get BMW bike it will go with your car and you will be famous within to wheel BMW gay club. Purchase will include 10 page instructions allowing you to check the oil.

great bikes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

528i wrote:
    don't worry, I wont crash

What a stupid thing to say, you want to jump onto a really fast bike without any proper experience and your that confident? I know bikers who have 12-13 years under them and they are not that confident......... Id personally love to see you trying to handle a 900+ on a windy connemara road......

S.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

528's original posting is almost enough to make me backtrack from the thought that 33bhp restriction is not a good idea. He almost single handedly manages to make it suddenly seem like in fact, it is for the greater good if it keeps muppets like this off two wheels. In fact, I'm almost tempted to print out his posting, and send it into the department of transport, with an accompanying letter thanking them from the bottom of my heart for introducing the 33bhp restriction.

On the other hand, I'm pulled in the direction of wishing there was no 33bhp restriction, so he could go out and buy his CBR900 (which he can handle no bother), and lamp it around the first tree, to get him off this board and off the roads as a bonus.

As for Bandits being gay.. haha.. it's not the bike, it's the rider. No offence to any homosexual's on the list, but 528, you'd be gay no matter what bike you were on. Especially with your (no doubt) matching colour coded leathers with the "HONDA HRC" logo stitched on the back to match your Repsol Fireblade. You'd find fellow gaylords tearing strips off you on Bandit 600's. Hell, I'd say there are a fair few B250 riders out there who'd tear strips off you on a Busa no matter how many years practice you put in.

It's not the bikers on the board that have been offended or pissed off by 528, it's pretty much everyone else as well. 2 wheels, 3 wheels, 4 wheels, 8 wheels, 16 wheels, it's safe to say he's annoyed them all.

Good luck with your purchase, don't forget to budget for Harris rearsets, Titanium end can (oval of course, for more ground clearance), and a single seat conversion.

I'm sure I've been sucked in by a Troll here, but I don't really mind, it's been fun replying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

Well I'm glad you had fun replying and got all that stuff off your chest.

For future reference, can the sub-600cc riders brigade please refrain from airing your thoughts and inadequacies on this thread, we've heard it all before - start on an embarrassing little moped/125cc, then a 250, then a 400, then a 600 then you're too old to give a sh|t and buy a pan european because its got a heated saddle for your hemorrhoids or whatever.

That RVF sounds like its in a highly stressed state of tune so is probably unusable for anything other than track racing rather than a typical afternoon jaunt through the wicklow mountains. Anything high maintenance or the motoring equivalent of a maxxed out saxo I'm just not interested in.

It must be relatively modern with cutting edge design & technology and that all important *wow* factor outside trendy cafes etc. It will not be used during hurricane season in connemara bogs or wetlands or whatever the hell is in connemara and indeed probably wont ever even get wet, as strangely enough I have little desire to wade around doing drenched rat impersonations like a pizza delivery boy.

So it's either the Duke or BMW (which, truth be told got me interested in the first place)? Surely there's an enthusiast amongst you sporting something more substantial and meaty over a typical smash 'n grab screaming jap monkey bike who could conceivably lure (or even raise the eyebrow of) a fashion conscious guru such as myself ?

What about obscure Italian manufacturers such as Moto Guzzi, or are they crap ?
    What's crap and what's not, or does anybody here even know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

528i wrote:
    I'd like some suggestions as to which motorbike to buy

Very Fast, (gsxr-750 = pants ?)

but I reckon I could handle a CBR900/ZXR1200 kinda thing

No BS 125cc 'starting out' suggestions please

From what little I know about bikes, Bandit 600's are considered a small bit gay I think..

I was told a 30yr old could get insured on just about anything, even under the same car insurance policy for 500quid extra or something.

I've forgotten he details now because im drunk.

I'd definitely forget about the whole thing if forced to start out on some piece of crap, but this whole 'restriction' things a joke right ?

Pan European's are for 90yr old geriatrics with bladder problems and robocop delusions.

don't worry, I wont crash,

and is this the wrong forum to be asking because everyone drives sad little 125s or scooters or whatever ?

or you can pretend like its restricted and record 15minute videos from galway to dublin for the internet

At first I used to think 528i was a moron; then I thought maybe it was just his particular sense-of-humour; whatever the case - with some of his recent postings and also this thread imho what is certain is that he is bringing this forum into disrepute.

Maybe I'm taking this too seriously - but recent threads on this board have highlighted the poor image some people have of bikers. Rightly or wrongly we bikers will take responsbility for our own actions.

But when non-bikers are spouting nonsense as per 528i's posts in this thread (and many other threads) what he's doing is systematically reinforcing a negative sterotype and negative image of bikers.

As a biker, a driver, and a boards user I find that type of behaviour unacceptable. imho he needs time to cool-down and revaluate his reasons/motivation for using boards.

I'm posting this publicly because anyone reading this thread who isn't a regular on the forum should understand the background to 528i posts - i.e. he is not a biker and he does not represent the views or bikers; and any negative images he may have created should reflect on him, and him alone.

causal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭batman_oh

just one total lie i have issues with!
    there is no way an rvf750 goes from 0-160kmh-0 in 5 secs
    full power or not they weigh about the same as a small tank
    200mph is pure bull**** too, what a ridiculous lie
    standard rvf750s put out 95bhp at the back wheel and wud struggle to keep up with an old 600
    full power is 150 at the crank, about 130 at the wheel and how u expect somethin with that kinda power, lardy weight and the aereodynamics of a small skyscraper to hit 200mph i dont know
    fastest road bike ever tested in this test in mcn was the gsxr1000 which does 0-160 in 5.0 secs and takes 5 to stop, this is with brand new state of the art tokico radials and radial master cyliner while the rvf sports reject 400 nissin brakes
    thats 10 seconds 0-160-0
    the rvf wud be left for **** by a gsxr1000
    buried
    wud be lucky to get to 100mph in 8 seconds, with the gearing that has always been bemoaned as **** for take offs and road use, but hey u probably dont even notice while u drive around in lala land
    dont foster a lie to create an image
    its a bit stupid
    and b4 u claim i know nothing i own the rvf400 and have always been interested in v4's
    im not raggin on the rvf750, its a stunning piece of engineering, but u seem to have confused it with the nr750 in your dreams somewhere
    stop lying
    and go look up the history of your bike

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

528i wrote:
    Well I'm glad you had fun replying and got all that stuff off your chest.

For future reference, can the sub-600cc riders brigade please refrain from airing your thoughts and inadequacies on this thread, we've heard it all before

Actually, I ride an SV1000.

Started on an 80, then a 125, then a 250, then a 400, and then a 600.
    Thankfully I started early enough that haemmeroids aren't a problem for me by the time I've reached 1000cc. It's unfortunate for you that your anus is going to be an issue for you right from the off, as Aprilia RS50's don't really have the kind of bum support someone of your age will need.

Should have started on bikes earlier, old chap!

J.

I was abit dubious about that 200mph busa_turbo'esque figure also, but didn't like to question it or the awestricken salivating audience and run the risk of another topic tangent or top-speed big swinging mickey contest that could bring the forums into disrepute and/or give bikers a bad name.

I have since bought a Honda 90 at the bargain 'buy it now' price of €72 on ebay, so I'm now officially 'A Biker'.

Keep those suggestions rolling in biker buds, and the best ones will be entered into a free honda motorcycle raffle ;)

528i wrote:
    I have since bought a Honda 90 at the bargain 'buy it now' price of €72 on ebay, so I'm now officially 'A Biker'.
    Poincaré once remarked that an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a heap of stones is a house.
    Similarly 528i, you can buy the Honda motor company, and Yamaha, Suzuki, Ducati and all the other manufacturers - but it won't make you a biker.

causal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,494 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Ducati ownership is ruled out to you on two grounds: you won't get a proper one for less than 15K; and you obviously haven't attained the social standing necessary to become a member.
    Yawn. There are far more expensive motorcycles than Ducatis. There are also far more exclusive motorcycles than Ducatis. In fact, they're getting rather common these days :D
    And who cares about this reliability shyte? If it breaks down, we call a fella in greasy overalls to fix them...or just buy a new one.
    How droll. The rest of us do rather like to get where we're going; that's why we buy Japanese or German.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Taken from the thread Psycho bikers - Giving bad rep?
    528i wrote:
    ok, you got me ! I invented Termignator :D

I thought it would bring afew nutter bikers out of the closet, this 'rigorously adhering to speed limits' craic was becoming nauseating and come on, the suicidal mad-max contingent were not being fairly represented here.

was it that obvious ?

Creating an account for trolling is a ban in my book, so 528i and The Termignator are both banned (from my book).

causal

oh dear, that was a joke, to humour you (hence the smiles) and your conjectures over termignators posts, which incidentally I believe to be an entirely accurate depiction of _a day in the life_ of said biker.

what exactly is your angle here, are you somehow involved with an insurance company or is there a hidden agenda you're just not telling us about ? why can't you accept the fact that a large percentage of bikers are complete nutters who have regularly exceeded the speed limits and will continue to do so ? despite your best endeavours to create a cuddly hugable teddy bear image for them.

This thread is not entitled 'lets attack 528i's good character', it is a simple bike related question requiring simple answer so please try to be constructive rather than a general pain in the a$$ as nobody wants to hear your moaning.

So whats a ZZR 1200 like as an all-rounder, hardly lacking in grunt or is Hayabusa still the king of the Japs ? I'm not entirely convinced on Ducatis, what if they had staff shortages during peak season :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

What about something like this, a lot rarer over here than the likes of the GSXR's. In my opinion, the most beautiful bike ever created!! It's a 650cc Triumph Daytona. Also has a blistering quick 900cc variant, so it can kill ya quicker!!... ;)

G_650_3.JPG

DAYTONA650_yellow.jpg

528i wrote:

It must be relatively modern with cutting edge design & technology and that all important *wow* factor outside trendy cafes etc.

vespa? it will go with your cafes .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

What 528i probably wants is one of these

CARVER-20.jpg

I think its got that all important "wow factor". Definately cutting edge design and technology. Might not be the fastest with only a 660cc engine though.

http://www.carver-europe.com/home.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭jiffy

batman_oh wrote:
    there is no way an rvf750 goes from 0-160kmh-0 in 5 secs. full power or not they weigh about the same as a small tank

Actually not true, the HRC with Dymag wheels weighs marginally less than an RVT/VFR 400 @162Kg compared to 165kg for the 400's.

http://world.honda.com/news/1999/c990114d.html
    200mph is pure bull**** too, what a ridiculous lie
    standard rvf750s put out 95bhp at the back wheel and wud struggle to keep up with an old 600

Also not true, you're talking about a bike that is essentially a track (world title winning) bike with lights on. I know that it will do 180 and there is still 3k revs left so I have no reason to doubt a 200mph claim.

full power is 150 at the crank, about 130 at the wheel and how u expect somethin with that kinda power, lardy weight and the aereodynamics of a small skyscraper to hit 200mph i dont know

Not according the dyno sheet 148 at the rear wheel, weight I've already commented on. Aerodynamics ?? It may be a 10 year old design and not as slippery as a newer machine but it's harldy in the skysraper class.

the rvf sports reject 400 nissin brakes

I think you should check out the difference between the standard 'replica' that they sold and a genuine HRC race machine.

I'm not interested in arguing or creating any image. It's well capable of leaving any machine you can find in the dust, with the odd exception.

After all, I'm the one with the bike and I'm used to people knocking is just 'cause it's 10 years old. A full power HRC is a monster :)

jiffy wrote:
    I know that it will do 180 and there is still 3k revs left so I have no reason to doubt a 200mph claim.
    Sheesh, I hope that was a private runway else you be 'systematically reinforcing the negative stereotype, which I, as a biker, a driver, and windows xp user find completely unacceptable' :D

What are Harleys Davidsons like ? They're expensive so that usually means quality, or has mayor Arnie single-handedly destroyed the whole image ?

528i wrote:
    oh dear, that was a joke, to humour you (hence the smiles) and your conjectures over termignators posts, which incidentally I believe to be an entirely accurate depiction of _a day in the life_ of said biker.
    So now you're saying you're not The Termignator. Which are we to believe?

And post a link to this Honda you claim to have bought on eBay.

what exactly is your angle here, are you somehow involved with an insurance company or is there a hidden agenda you're just not telling us about ?
    My angle is the truth, glasnost.

why can't you accept the fact that a large percentage of bikers are complete nutters who have regularly exceeded the speed limits and will continue to do so ?
    Your real agenda rears it's head.
    This thread is not entitled 'lets attack 528i's good character', it is a simple bike related question requiring simple answer so please try to be constructive rather than a general pain in the a$$ as nobody wants to hear your moaning.
    In my book you're not of good character so there's nothing to attack. I'm exposing the truth behind your deception.

causal

• Advertisement

jiffy wrote:

I think you should check out the difference between the standard 'replica' that they sold and a genuine HRC race machine.

I'm not interested in arguing or creating any image. It's well capable of leaving any machine you can find in the dust, with the odd exception.

After all, I'm the one with the bike and I'm used to people knocking is just 'cause it's 10 years old. A full power HRC is a monster :)

i think nor him or the shiny lads in his favourite cafe will know the difference. it would be waste of the bike.

don't fool yourself 528, classic image will never leave you . just buy old scooter
    21%20Vespa%20gay.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement