Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What children's shows did you hate?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭jimmidy_cricket

There was a show on every Sunday that absolutely wrecked my head. I reckon it was made in the 60's or 70's. It was these people who landed on some planet and had to survive, I think they wore orange boiler suits with silver in the middle. It was crap acting and even crappyer editing...<Baddie comes along, shoots good guy with laser gun, stop filiming, exit good guy, re-start filiming and poof good guy has been obliterated, leaving behind a smoking skelton> god it was terrible, even as a young child I understood the qualites of good editing and the idea behind stop go filiming...it just didn't work.

Can't remember what it was called though, it wasn't Planet of the Apes but would've been of the same era.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

There was a show on every Sunday that absolutely wrecked my head. I reckon it was made in the 60's or 70's. It was these people who landed on some planet and had to survive, I think they wore orange boiler suits with silver in the middle. It was crap acting and even crappyer editing...<Baddie comes along, shoots good guy with laser gun, stop filiming, exit good guy, re-start filiming and poof good guy has been obliterated, leaving behind a smoking skelton> god it was terrible, even as a young child I understood the qualites of good editing and the idea behind stop go filiming...it just didn't work.

Can't remember what it was called though, it wasn't Planet of the Apes but would've been of the same era.

The original Lost in Space it sounds like.

Of for me,

Power rangers - well more so cuz one morning i woke up very hungover about 2 years ago , and power rangers was on .. but it was in IRISH !!!! :eek: took me about 20 mins to realise it was Irish .... i though i was loosing my mind.

Rosie and JIm - never minded , even named on of my friends breasties rosie and jim =).

but my biggest hate was

Barney .
    not becuase of my childhood , but my ickel sisters, I was just out of sk00l and looking for a job , my ickle sis was only about 2 - 3 , but she used to come into my room turn on the tv and either Dance around the room ( i love reminding her of that now when he friends are over as she's 13 now) or get into bed beside me and make me watch it...... :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭jimmidy_cricket

Megatron...you're my hero! Thanks, it was really anooying me not knowing what that Sh!tey show was called. Hated power rangers too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Lorri_L

I HATED Chucklevision, and the capital letters can not even demonstrate the hatred!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭The OP

I hated:

Chucklevision
    Beachcombers - should this even have been a kids TV show? It was just depressing.
    Le Piaf
    Dynamo Duck
    Dr. Who
    Thunderbirds
    The Littlest Hobo
    Grizzly Adams
    WOOF!
    The Waltons
    Worzel Gummidge
    Byker Grove
    Bouilí
    Grange Hill
    Rosie and Jim
    Scooby Doo
    French Cartoons
    Bananas in Pyjamas
    Count Duckula
    Diliín Ó Deamhas
    Pugwall
    Mysterious Cities of Gold

Things I hate, but were after my childhood:
    Duckman
    King of the Hill
    Power Rangers
    Keenan & Kel
    Barney
    Pokemon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

What do you mean you hated Beachcombers ? Relic was a legend

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

I never liked Dineen the Dinosaur - he always annoyed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Lorri_L wrote:
    I HATED Chucklevision, and the capital letters can not even demonstrate the hatred!

That show was on the other day. Can't believe it's still going!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I hated "Supergran", maybe it was the theme song or something I didnt like but by God that women scared me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭The OP

Larianne wrote:
    That show was on the other day. Can't believe it's still going!!:eek:
    No way - I saw that too the other day, and for a few mins I thought it was just re-runs! How long has that been on???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

I used to hate a show that was on RTE2 on Sunday mornings back in the late 80s called 'Kid songs' It was a bunch of annoying little 8 year old american kids introducing their own videos...kinda like an American version of the Mini-Pops. If anyone can remember 'Kid Songs' then Id be really surprised!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

i used to think mini pops was a load of bollocks as a kid. as a man i find it fecking disturbing, methinks they were aiming at a certain dodgy demographic:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I hated The Clangers. I think i used to cry when it came on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,863 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Anything Goes.
    Bagpuss.
    Blue Peter.
    The Waltons.*
    Worzel Gummidge.*
    Littlest Hobo.
    Sesame St.

*More despised than hated. :D

Advertisement