Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What children's shows did you hate?

Options
  • 10-06-2005 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭

Flicked on the tv there and that stupid programme 'Bodger and badger' is still on!!!!!!! I hated that show! <snip> Errgghh. The theme tune and everything. Very annoying.

Also didn't like 'Nightmare'. Yeah yeah know all you lads loved it. I just thought it was crap.

Also 'Chucklevision'. How stupid can two people be! And it was the same thing every week! 'To you, to me'.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

BOSCO!! i hated him so much!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Larianne wrote:

Also didn't like 'Nightmare'. Yeah yeah know all you lads loved it. I just thought it was crap.

:eek:

shocked

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

wah? Just didn't like it. I'm sure part of the reason was while being made watch that by my brother, I was missing out on Carebears or something a different channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

Anything on ITV especially the "tomorrow people" and that other crap Magpie with Mick Wall who looked like a dodgy Marc Bolan twin... (showing my age)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

I also hated 'Bosco' I never saw what other people saw in him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭jayok

Don't know if it was a children's show or not, but it I really, really, hated "The Beachcombers" . It was on every Tuesday evening and there was nothing else on but this... arrragghh... it was annoying.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Beachcombers - the early series were much better than the later ones
    It ran 19 for years so don't judge it when it was fading. !

Didn't like Relic.

http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/B/htmlB/beachcombers/beachcombers.htm

The New Beachcombers - http://13thfloor.imdb.com/title/tt0342828/

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I used to hate Byker Grove, and indeed Grange Hill. Hated watching stuff related to school. Never liked Blue Peter either.

BTW, Knightmare was brilliant! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Fraggle Rock used to frighten me wittless!

Lil people living in the walls?
    Sounds scarey to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I didn't really hate any of those programmes when I was a kid, tbh...
    If I didn't like somethin I'd switch over - call me simplistic if you wish, but I find it hard to hate something I'm not being forced to watch...

Altho, yeah, Chucklevision seemed kinda sh*te true enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

byte wrote:
    I used to hate Byker Grove, and indeed Grange Hill. Hated watching stuff related to school.
    Likewise, and also cos the girls in it weren't in any way great. Neighbours, bad, but some good women and Home & Away, not bad, forced to watch it (TV @ dinner table).

Also, those mice on the moon. Only enjoyed it in my later years, after a spliff or two :D

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Eve e

Didn't like 'realistic' Grange Hill, scared me into thinking secondary school would be full of 'off their heads Zammos.'

Mmmmm, looking back on secondary school now I never remember anyone shooting up smack in the toilets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

the_syco wrote:
    Also, those mice on the moon. Only enjoyed it in my later years, after a spliff or two :D

The clangers ? Little pink stuffed sock mice things that spoke to each other in whistles ? Never liked em personally .... But youve just given me an idea ...

**Runs off**

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Bosco
    The Moomins
    Trap Door
    The Magic Roundabout
    Worzel Gummage
    Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet (and all that Gerry anderson stuff other than Terrahawks)
    Skippy (& Gentle Ben and all other 60's shows of this kind that features a boy and his wild animal friend)
    Worker & Parasite (or whatever the real name of that Czech animation the simpsons took the piss outta was)
    Inspector Gadget
    Saturday (or was it Satadee?)
    Pob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

hated bosco & his wanker sidekicks
    puddle lane used to wreck my head it was on itv at lunchtime(in the Rainbow slot) back in the day.
    hated fingerbobs although always watched it.
    beachcombers did me head in until i was about 13 earlier ones were better eh?
    indeed there was an aussie show called saturdee it was tripe & was made worse by the fact that it was shown on sunday
    moomins intruiged me though & probably would be a definite spliff job too!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Hated 'Worzel Gummidge' - it may have had Jon Pertwee but it also had the ability to drive me insane. I guess that it'd be easy to burn effigies of Worzel given he kinda is one...

Hated 'Chucklevision' too. Wouldn't it have been funny if the Chuckle brothers were carrying a serrated blade in their typical haphazard style: "To me. " "To you." "To me." "To you" "To ARGH JESUS F*CKING CHRIST ARGH F*CK F*CK ARGHHHHHHHHHH!"

'Pigeon Street' sucked too. The characters were desparately uninteresting and I, even then, hated the flying rats the street was named after.

'Bravestar' was boring. The only interesting time was when they killed a kid to teach us a lesson about drugs. That and a song I remember going "Moriarty is king, king of the world"...

'Byker Grove' annoyed me with its stupid kids who couldn't act. Also the theme song "Byker groooooooove".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭DayDreamer

Definitely for me its 'The Littlest Hobo'

Maybe tomorrow I'll wanna settle down ...until tomorrow I'll just keep movin on :mad:

ixoy wrote:
    Hated 'Chucklevision' too. Wouldn't it have been funny if the Chuckle brothers were carrying a serrated blade in their typical haphazard style: "To me. " "To you." "To me." "To you" "To ARGH JESUS F*CKING CHRIST ARGH F*CK F*CK ARGHHHHHHHHHH!"

Lmao

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Chris P Duck

Bouilí - It was always on when I came home from school. The last thing I wanted to see at the end of a hard day in school learning my abc's was an irish speaking snowman

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭seo-ireland

Fingermouse
    Spatz - man I hated that
    Grange Hill
    Blue Peter
    Danger Bay
    Supergran

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Hydroquinone

Fingermouse!! You're right there, it was rubbish. And yer man that did it, I know nothing about him, but he'd never get on kids' telly these days, far too sinister looking!

I couldn't stand Vision On. I always thought Morph was annoying. And I could never draw, so I was probaly just jealous. :D

I hated the people in Sesame St. Liked the puppets, but always thought the grown ups were far too boring.

I couldn't stand Vision On. I always thought Morph was annoying. And I could never draw, so I was probaly just jealous. :D

that not Hartbeat?? With Morph the plastacine thingy and then Tony Hart (dude with white hair) drawing things... I loved that show!!!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I hated the Clangers, I think I was scared of them actually. Never liked Blue Peter. Bah, if it wasn't in cartoon format then I usually wasn't interested.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Bouilí - It was always on when I came home from school. The last thing I wanted to see at the end of a hard day in school learning my abc's was an irish speaking snowman
    It was in English when it first came out you know, but the changed it to Irish - I have no idea why! Boulí, Boulí, an fear sneachta bán...
    I hated Rosie and Jim, Knightmare (it scared me - I'd probably enjoy it now though) and Byker Grove, and now I hate the Morbegs and the Teletubbies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Did nobody else in its target market despise the Power Rangers?

God it was fcuking terrible

I also know that I wasnt the only young lad indignant when ITV replaced its Saturday midday showings of The A-Team with poxy Airwolf in the mid 90s.

I cant recall Nightmare for the life of me. I didnt watch CITV or BBC kids tv much in the afternoon as much of their output was bollix(although British morning kids tv was better than Irish iirc, I dont even think there was kids tv in the mornin until very recently here), I was a Den head myself.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

hated power rangers with a passion.. god that STILL is a bad show

other hates were:

Pob.. actually named a mate of mine that coz he annoyed us so much sometimes

Rosie and Jim
    Skippy
    Scooby Doo
    The Clangers
    the re-runs of The Magic Roundabout... i don't know wtf those ppl were on when they made that thing..
    some other crap which had a theme tune like " i'm a tot , je suis a tot... etc.

[ how can anyone diss Knightmare :confused: , my 2nd fave programme growing up, behind transformers]

i'm sure there's alot more i hated, but can't think of em atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭seo-ireland

Pob.. actually named a mate of mine that coz he annoyed us so much sometimes

What's with all the Pob-bashing :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

hated power rangers with a passion.. god that STILL is a bad show

Are you honestly telling me that when you the Power Rangers you didn't want to be one more than anything?

Rosie and Jim was an abomination. What did the little fekers call the bearded fellow?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

grimloch wrote:
    Are you honestly telling me that when you the Power Rangers you didn't want to be one more than anything?

I didn't want to be one coz i hardly ever watched it, because it was so full of crap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

hated
    the thunderbirds
    Power rangers were WOEFUL
    round the twist
    banana's in pajamas
    kenan and kel
    mask and transformers (I liked heman though!!)
    I'm sure theres more!

Advertisement