Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What children's shows did you hate?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

i know it was a bit of an older kid thing but

"sweet valley high"

grrrrrr didnt like that..

but come to think of it i was an odd kid.. i would opt for star trek over things that were on for kids ooo and quantum leap....but i di not like the lastest series of star trek with the dude from QL....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Berger

Count Duckula more than anything!

with the stupid maid and the arm thing!!!!!!

Yeah. I dunno but I just hated everything about it. The characters, the butler guy?, the way it was drawn and the stupid music. Everyone seems to love it though :(

NAH I DIDNT LIKE IT ONE BIT!!!

so ye

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

some other crap which had a theme tune like " i'm a tot , je suis a tot...
    That was 'Tots TV' I think... There were three puppets, one of them was French for some reason, and they had a donkey (?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭dermo88

Bosco, He-Man, Power Rangers and right at the top of the list, the Turtles.

Special bonus points going to anything speaking Irish on kids TV, especially after a day at school conjugating awful Irish grammar. Arghhhh.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Diliín Ó Deamhas

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Spongebob Squarepants in Irish kinda sucks. Oh, and I hated crappy cartoon versions of films - Men in Black, Ace Ventura etc

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭bigmouth

For some reason, and still not sure why, I took a dislike to Sharkie and George? Anyone remember them? 'The crime busters of the sea'. I can remember it was on every wednesday and I despised it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

grimloch wrote:
    Are you honestly telling me that when you the Power Rangers you didn't want to be one more than anything?
    They were all completely lame. You just knew they were the type of kids who would ask the teacher to give the class more homework.

Tommy was pretty cool when he first came along as the Green Ranger... but he quickly became a pussy like the rest of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

Biker Grove sucked ass
    That show with the babies that lived in the clouds and drank milk in the bar was just bizzare and to top it all off was in irish was utter crap,
    Pugwall was another load of tripe (austrialian show with some dude and his band).

Hated Power Rangers, Thunder birds and Captain Scarlet, just thought they sucked.
    Around the Twist was another show that i didnt like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

^ aye irish talking babies annoyed me.

Always hated scoobie doo, round the twist, eerie indiana and chucklevision.
    I never sat through draw with don on the den either,found it mundane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Easily_Irritated

bigmouth wrote:
    For some reason, and still not sure why, I took a dislike to Sharkie and George? Anyone remember them? 'The crime busters of the sea'. I can remember it was on every wednesday and I despised it!!

sharkey and george the crime busters of the sea
    Sharkey and George, they'll solve any mystery

Ahh good stuff! TV isin't now what it was them. Wit t likes of pokemon and u-g-o (I know its got a more complex name... but really?) we were harder to please as kids.They're easily won over now! Bloody kids

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Grange Hill, then Biker Grove , I never liked these programmes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

sweet valley high, my sister was about 4 or 5 when that was on and watched it religously. thing about it was TCC repeated it constantly. i mean one week they showed exact same episode every morning before school. did my head in!

hated chucklevision, blue peter (that was just lame).

cant think of any others... must have just blocked them out

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

the wombles scared the hell out of me :(
    also, paddington bear was a bit weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Bouilí - It was always on when I came home from school. The last thing I wanted to see at the end of a hard day in school learning my abc's was an irish speaking snowman

BOULI!!!!!
    jaysus id totally forgotten about that..oh man, we used to rip the piss out of that show when i was a kid, and draw cartoons of bouli dying, violently..lol.
    And bloody hell pigman II, you hated all the best shows. Magic roundabout? top drawer stuff. moomins? eerily cool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

BOULI, Bikers Grove, Grange Hill and Power Rangers oh yeah and Joe 90/ThunderBirds

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭p~b

the mysterious cities of gold, absolute ****e

• Advertisement

oscars orcasstra was ****e aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

The Klangers- Yuck, made no sense.
    Scooby doo (all of the different ones)- Kill me now
    Those two puppets in the boat, what were they called?
    Mr. Benn- Bane of my existence more like.
    Anything that had no animation, cos thats the kinda kid I was.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Skippy & Flipper for me.

CrazyTalk wrote:
    Those two puppets in the boat, what were they called?

rosie and jim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

sweet valley high, my sister was about 4 or 5 when that was on and watched it religously. thing about it was TCC repeated it constantly. i mean one week they showed exact same episode every morning before school. did my head in!

hated chucklevision, blue peter (that was just lame).

cant think of any others... must have just blocked them out
    sweet valley high?! are you insne? didnt you see the episode where jessica got her portrait pained in a bikini on the beach?? Christ...that show fuelled 90% of my hormonal teenage desires :o

p~b wrote:
    the mysterious cities of gold, absolute ****e

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Souljacker

What did you call that show with the talking irish babies?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

heidi

****ing hated that bitch with a passion, what the hell is it with kids programe buyers and crap foreign dubed "classics"

hope the bitch fell off the fecking alps:mad:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I was terrified of Super Gran.. Her walking stick scared the sh*t out of me :o Don't ask me why :rolleyes: ... Just did

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

Sesame Street was soooo borrring to me. Fingerwagging adults telling you how to count and what's right and wrong.

It's a pity because I was a huge fan of The Muppet Show, but that's cos it had some bold characters.

The Littlest Hobo used to pi55 me off the way he wouldn't stay in one place - that dog sure had ants in his pants. I suppose that's what part of being a hobo is.

Advertisement