Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tall Ships Race - Traffic Plans

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Ships leaving from 7am on wards as far as I know, all to be gone before 11am AFAIK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

cOULD I DRIVE DOWN JOHNS HILL and up the cork road out of town without a permit at about 9?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

With the tall ships now over and things returning to normal, do people here think that the traffic plans worked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

no, the traffic on the cork road every day was unreal. luckily i had a bicycle

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Eye

went down yesterday to see what all the fuss was about and although traffic was a bit nuts, it did'nt really effect me on the bike, was able to get into the cordoned area and park down by the city square as normal :)

2 wheels good, 4 wheels baaaad :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Cops wouldn't let me drive back down to my appartment (near park/3 Ships). Had the permit bu he just told me no way...

Went around the park (stopped by another cop who did a lo of head scratching and finally let me go) and down a lane/back street by the fire station and end up on the road the first cop told me I couldn't go down.

Whats the point of permits if they dont permit you to do anything with it?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Eye wrote:
    2 wheels good, 4 wheels baaaad :p

so very true :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Went down to Dunmore today to see off the ships.

Took an hour and a half to get back to Tramore. Absolute nightmare. All the little backroads were blocked by people parking their cars and wandering across the fields to the cliff edge to get a good view.

Still, would't have missed it for anything. The sight of the whole fleet under sail was spectacular. Weather just about held up.

Pictures taken from Dunmore East Golf Club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

is that from tha Argos polaroid camera?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Could be, got it as a present. Polaroid PDC 3035.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

angry_fox wrote:
    With the tall ships now over and things returning to normal, do people here think that the traffic plans worked?
    I think it worked fairly well as I can't have managed any other way of managing it. Any problems that were encountered were the fault of the people and their unwillingless to co-operate with the plans. In all fairness it was just for a few days. All the Park And Ride services were run excellently with buses running until 1am!

As for those pictures that were taken, I must say it looks fabulous but unfortunately I was stuck in the Tower Hotel serving coffee :/

Advertisement