Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭corelon

MercMad wrote:
    I've seen that BMW before..............where was the photo taken ?

Dundrum shopping centre

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭manta mad

seen this clean vw beetle yesterday just out side thomastown.

anyone know what the car is in the shed ? seen this on the side of a road in roscommon . the picture qualitys not too good so you will have to zoom in.
    is it a ford ? i havent a clue:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Blue850

I think the car in the shed is a Chrysler Hillman Hunter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

i thought that but then i thought it looked too big........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

corktina wrote:
    i thought that but then i thought it looked too big........

I reckon it's a Hunter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Its a Hillman Hunter alright, the last of them with the chrome grille around the tail lamps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

The day of England's dreary and predictable exit from the world cup (I was in the UK)...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Saw this the other day on........ Capel Street yet again. I have no idea of the year it might be. Anyone?
    There seem to be alot of restored Mercs around these days. Not just classics but models from the late 70's and early eighties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Spit62500

eo980 wrote:
    Saw this the other day on........ Capel Street yet again. I have no idea of the year it might be. Anyone?
    There seem to be alot of restored Mercs around these days. Not just classics but models from the late 70's and early eighties.

It's a '64 as far as I know. It lives in Terenure and appears to be a daily driver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭green-blood

and its not registered....daodgy game, customs can and bloody well do seize, for the sake of 50 quid!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Behold!

e-type.jpg

Mike.

That's the one I saw last Thursday in Killeagh.

I drive through every Monday morning. I was going to do a full reccy but my camera battery died after the above shot!

Mike.

It belongs to Johnny Greene who deals in classic cars, beautiful car pity about the glass sunroof though. If it was mine I'd fit a Webasto canvas roof in it instead. I can't believe someone thought it would be a good idea to fit a glass sunroof in a car like that...and no it wasn't fitted by the present owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

He has two.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

He has two.

Jeeeeeeeez its bad enough fitting one glass sunroof, but fitting two !! :eek:

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Well, if it's good enough for Renault...

...actually, never mind.

:D

Saw this and also a bright red Austin Healy 3000 just outside Waterford reg AS 3000

Mike.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

mike65 wrote:
    Saw this and also a bright red Austin Healy 3000 just outside Waterford reg AS 3000
    Typical British softtop flapping away in the wind!

• Advertisement

Spotted this in Clonmel he zooomed off up the hill to Cashel, very nippy!

Dsc00984.jpg

Mike.

I came across the Fire engine in a field in Ringaskiddy and the Beetle in a car park in Cobh.

A fairly decent Mk 1 Cortina which is for sale just north of Callan Co Kilkenny for 2500.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/mike65/Dsc01000.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/mike65/Dsc00997.jpg

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

mike65 wrote:
    A fairly decent Mk 1 Cortina which is for sale just north of Callan Co Kilkenny for 2500.

Mike.
    that seems a fair price...i think the peak in prices is over........people are getting some sense....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Saw a DS for sale today in Donnybrook,malborough road to be exact. Took a pic but my new phone doesn't have a removable card. It was a blue one, looked in good nick outside but I noticed a rip in a front seat.I'll try and send it via email to myself and see if it's viewable.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭corelon

American in town! Not a great pic, i was hammered but some growl off the engine everyone jumped up to see what it was... Outside Dakota on wicklow street very late last night!!!
    5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

I saw this , this morning. Parked on my driveway! Wahey!!

24et6dy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

corelon wrote:
    American in town!
    I'm fairly sure that's the Ford Edsel that was at terenure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Citroen(s) all parked down the road adjacent to my house (and another two round the corner). All identical, no idea what they were doing there but they were gone at 0630 this morning...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I think that was a gum/gunball rally or something, saw a few last week too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement