Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭andreas_220D

custom900 wrote:
    ... He's currently doing a job on the air suspension on my friend's coupe, shown here ...

Wow, looks like another US Re-Import

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭custom900

Hi Andreas, he bought it and had it rebuilt in Germany a year and a half ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

If I'm satisfied with the work he does I'll post on his details here if you'd like

...........can you PM me the details anyway, I cant see the photos !

Ta !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

MercMad wrote:
    ...........can you PM me the details anyway, I cant see the photos !

Ta !

Did you get the details? I think he's referring to Malex motors, they're quite good but before you decide read my last posting on http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054895110&highlight=malex

You asked me before to give you details of my mechanic, I didn't forget! However he's just some retired Merc enthusiast who's also a mechanic. I asked him could I refer him on and he asked me not to unfortunately - sorry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭custom900

That's the man Cormee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

ok Mabey tis the wrong forum to ask but anyone know where i could get my hands on a Volkswagon westfielia(i think thats how you spell it, its the camper van you know what im talking bout) anyone seen for sale around the place?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 FatTony2000

Patricide check out www.type2ireland.org theres always a few campers for sale in the for sale section.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

A Roly Poly in Crawfordsburn Co. Down (they all look the same to me)
    Img_23331.jpg

and a Lotus Elan with a broken window in Dublin
    Picture1.jpg
    Picture12.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Nice one man, I owe ya one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Dsc00666.jpg

I had a great time with the neighbours popular back in the 60's. I was facinated by the semaphore indicators and used to try and get them working when the car was parked - sure it was only a matter of getting a screwdriver and forcing them out.:o

He was so frustrated he bought a brand new popular - that one had the 'modern' indicators.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Parked outside my office in Dodgyland, Dublin 2 last week...
    Looks cool in silver.

1427.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Daxklynsmith

This morning between Labane and Craughwell, 4 guys,obviously touring as they both had UK plates.Had daughter riding shotgun so not prepared to try and photo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

"Daughter" yeah, right..."e" type?..18 yr old bimbo that his wife dont know about:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

whoops you mean YOU had your daughter riding shotgun dont you.....jealousy of some guy in an E type blinded me for a second there!!!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Daxklynsmith

Hhehe, yeah, my daughter and dont get excited, she's only seven and I already have six acres,a shotgun and a shovel
    Yesterday I pulled/stopped a guy driving a pristine BMW E3 2800(Bavaria) in Galway, He's coming around on the weekend to see what else can be taken of my E3 so I'll get a pic then
    Dax

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭manta mad

today on the naas road a lovely freshly painted with all the bells & whistles morris minor police car on a trailer heading up to dublin, couldent get my camera out in time to take a pic:(
    anyone here got it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

2 weeks ago in Cobh -

picture00434iz.jpg

Monday in Glounthaune -

picture00232zt.jpg

picture0107re.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I know the Porsche intimately and the blue yoke is belonging to Dick O'Brien in Glounthaune he built it himself based on a Ford Prefect.
    Some more pictures of the Porsche.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dsc00811.jpg

spotted near Ninemilehouse Kilkenny. (whats the car lurking behind the fence?)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Spit62500

That'll be a Subaru Signet :D

A real ugly duckling that....

But seriously, maybe an NSU Prinz?

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/2529/images/1000.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

junkyard wrote:
    I know the Porsche intimately and the blue yoke is belonging to Dick O'Brien in Glounthaune he built it himself based on a Ford Prefect.
    Some more pictures of the Porsche.

Is/was yours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

JustinOval wrote:
    Is/was yours?
    Was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 andy.s

Hi All

Took few pictures today :)
    car7qt.jpg
    americos5na.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Saw a couple of Mustangs recently, a silver one today which sounded nice coming over the railway bridge at clonsilla and one I've seen a few times is parked at parkgate street a lot. A light blue coloured soft top.No pics I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Okay so who

(a) won the lottery and
    (b) is suffering a mid-life crisis?

http://www.zebra.ie/spider/17-11-05_1420.jpg

(Spotted beside O'Connoll Bridge yesterday).

:D

...are you referring the 996/997 or the Charger-thingy.........? I know which one I'd have.........

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭mustang68

dubtom wrote:
    Saw a couple of Mustangs recently, a silver one today which sounded nice coming over the railway bridge at clonsilla...

i drive over that bridge a bit, but I'm in a blue one, the noise off the walls when I put the foot down is epic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

mustang68 wrote:
    i drive over that bridge a bit, but I'm in a blue one, the noise off the walls when I put the foot down is epic :D

Can't wait untill the port tunnell opens, it will be worth a fiver just to hear what the car sounds like:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭alfarocks

dubtom wrote:
    Can't wait untill the port tunnell opens, it will be worth a fiver just to hear what the car sounds like:D

Sell it as a ringtone !! You'll make a fortune :)

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭mondymike

Dubtom, was that a two door silver 'stang. not a fastback, (coupe?) maybe?

Had rostyles on it too. If so theres a fella in glenville behind tesco owns it, did sum1 say midlife crisis????

Gorgeous car in the flesh thou. say it in carpark last nite in dark with floodlights,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

IMAGE_00069.jpg

at the RDS this evening

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement