Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Cortina 2000E

214aa0p.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

^thats a sin..should be washed at least!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭SAABMAN

galwaytt wrote: »
    ...is a 93 Saab 9000 CSE (I think CSE...), in a field, today.......too new ?
    Where abouts? I may need a few spares and that's just the right age.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

These are gonna seem mighty bland after homer90's posts but there might be something interesting.:o
    One of many old Mercs hanging around Dublin, this 250CE was parked in Chatham Street last week.
    Picture_011_Small.jpg
    I think this Golf GTi has been here before.
    Picture_013_Small.jpg
    Always a sorry sight to see a classic stuck at the side of the road.
    Picture_015_Small.jpg
    These four are all on Home Farm Road.
    Picture_016_Small.jpg
    Picture_017_Small.jpg
    Picture_018_Small.jpg
    Picture_019_Small.jpg
    And I spotted this Lancia today in Wellington Road.
    Picture_022_Small.jpg

Genealogy Forum Mod

Nice..
    Picture_013_Small.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Hermy wrote: »
    These are gonna seem mighty bland after homer90's posts but there might be something interesting.:o
    One of many old Mercs hanging around Dublin, this 250CE was parked in Chatham Street last week.
    Picture_011_Small.jpg

That 250CE is mint . MMMMmmmmmm
    These four are all on Home Farm Road.

Been meaning to snap those on Home Farm rd too :D ( Nice so see so many on the one street !)

the W123 is in very good shape..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Nice photos Homer, classics always look so much better in the sun dont they.

Good spot's there Hermy, love the black Golf, but I am curious. The reg suggests Dublin late 1982, and it has the larger bumpers but it has the original small rear lights !

I dunno enough about Golf Mk1's but curious to know if this is correct ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

My guess is it's a 1978 or so car, imported from the UK in 1982 and wearing the wrong bumpers!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭bugsntinas

nice golfs.do like mk1/2's

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Yeah or possibly not an original Golf GTI, it has had paintwork obviously as the rear decal is not there.

What makes you think '78 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

MercMad wrote: »

Small tail lights?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

MercMad wrote: »
    Pure guess! I think the wider rear light clusters and the 1.8 engine came in in 1981 though, so it must be before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

topofsite.jpg

Meant to post these ages ago.
    GF's father owns these, does weddings with them.
    From the left:
    1. 1952 Triumph Renown which he restored from ground up
    2. 1989 Regent Limo (based on london taxi chassis)
    3. 1936 Austin 7
    4. 1932 Austin 7 LWB Limo

13.jpg
    12.jpg
    2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Kevin_Herron

I presume your Girlfriends father owns an black and cream coloured Austin Sheerline aswell?

no, just those 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

topofsite.jpg

Meant to post these ages ago.
    GF's father owns these, does weddings with them.
    From the left:
    1. 1952 Triumph Renown which he restored from ground up
    2. 1989 Regent Limo (based on london taxi chassis)
    3. 1936 Austin 7
    4. 1932 Austin 7 LWB Limo

13.jpg
    12.jpg
    2.jpg

I've seen them around the place doing weddings etc. The Austin lives out the Aghada road with a white Daimler DS420 and there's another Sheerline, same colour, living in Kinsale Kevin, it used to be a hearse, reg. number ZJ 1.

Those 4 are all out in the country, past blarney.
    They're his pride and joy.

junkyard wrote: »
    I've seen them around the place doing weddings etc. The Austin lives out the Aghada road with a white Daimler DS420 and there's another Sheerline, same colour, living in Kinsale Kevin, it used to be a hearse, reg. number ZJ 1.

I was under the impression that the guy that owned the LWB Austin 7 owned the ZV reg'd Sheerline, it used to belong to Finbar Corry.

As far as I know there are only 3 Austin Sheerlines in the country.

ZJ 1 was originally owned by the Managing Director of Lincoln and Nolan and I doubt it was ever a hearse?

junkyard wrote: »
    Sheerline, same colour, living in Kinsale Kevin, it used to be a hearse, reg. number ZJ 1.
    Converted from a car to a hearse and back again?

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    You could say its back from the dead *gets coat*
    *cough....*:p

• Advertisement

Converted from a car to a hearse and back again?

Exactly, it was a hearse alright Kevin, it was used to bury my grandfather in 1978 and sold on in 1982 and converted back to a car by Pat Gleasure in Tralee as far as I know. When it was sold it went with a rolling shell, possibly reshelled as it a car now not a lwb.

Theres a name I havent heard of in a few years- Is Pat Gleasure still alive?
    He was an undertaker and had a pub/grocery shop kinda thing aswell if I remember correctly?

I'd be of the opinion that maybe the registration plate ZJ 1 were on the hearse but not originally from the hearse?

Theres a name I havent heard of in a few years- Is Pat Gleasure still alive?
    He was an undertaker and had a pub/grocery shop kinda thing aswell if I remember correctly?

I'd be of the opinion that maybe the registration plate ZJ 1 were on the hearse but not originally from the hearse?

I don't know him personally but he's still alive as far as I know, I've only heard of him as an undertaker and hearse builder. ZJ 1 was parked up in a farmyard for many years and converted into a hearse by a friend of my fathers who was an undertaker in Cobh for many years, my Damler Majestic also belonged to the same undertaker. The Austin looked a lot nicer as a hearse than it does as a car, I only knew ZJ 1 as a hearse for years when I was a kid and thought it looked horrible as a car when I saw it converted back. Personally I would have kept it as a hearse, but then I love hearses.:)

Obviously, I dont know the true story.
    But I'd be thinking theres some sort of sculduggery going on with number plates.
    Whatever about converting the car into a hearse, I really couldnt see somebody converting it back again years later?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭mountain

Have seen this around clonakilty the past while, manged to get a quick photo on saturday..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭2cv

mountain wrote: »
    Have seen this around clonakilty the past while, manged to get a quick photo on saturday..

I've seen that one around a few times as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Saw this big yoke today, anyone know what it is?
    IMG_1971.jpg

IMG_1973.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Saw that in Wexford last weekend! Looks like a camper of some description?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Saw that in Wexford last weekend! Looks like a camper of some description?

Aye, thought the same!

Bit OTT for a camper is it not?? :pac::p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

I always like the Classic Trucks you tend to see at shows with a dummy load on the back that is really a camper style set up....this one ios cool yoke, it looks like the body has been adapted from something else...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement