Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl 30" LCD TV,23/05/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

TCP/IP wrote:
    I personally would not buy the Lidi one but if I can see the specs for the Aldi one I will be buying two of them me thinks. Can anybody post specs yet
    a link to a user guide would be great,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭positron

Searched the ENTIRE Internet (in other words, google'd and yahoo'd), nothing - do they have some sort of spider or crawler something to search and remove anything remotely related to tevion?

My personal experience with Tevion stuff from Aldi is not great - a 6 speaker kit from them for 40 quid and the subwoofer died after about two hours! However Tevion 27" lcd seems very popular.

and medion german site is selling a 42" plasma for 1500 euros.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

i poped into Aldi on the way home and got the specs for there 32inch version can anybody that has seen the picture confirm that the stand which includes the speaker can be detached as it dont want them and want to hang them on the wall instead

positron wrote:
    Searched the ENTIRE Internet (in other words, google'd and yahoo'd), nothing - do they have some sort of spider or crawler something to search and remove anything remotely related to tevion?

My personal experience with Tevion stuff from Aldi is not great - a 6 speaker kit from them for 40 quid and the subwoofer died after about two hours! However Tevion 27" lcd seems very popular.
    yes, I got one of those for use with a PC, great,.. :) have you checked the power supply ?.

• Advertisement

TCP/IP wrote:
    i poped into Aldi on the way home and got the specs for there 32inch version can anybody that has seen the picture confirm that the stand which includes the speaker can be detached as it dont want them and want to hang them on the wall instead

On reading the blurb here
    # Dimensions without desktop stand (W x H x D) : 820 x 600 x 140mm
    # Dimensions with desktop stand (W x H x D) : 820 x 600 x 320mm
    # Weight: 14kg (without desktop stand) / 15.8kg (with desktop stand)

I would say it's detatchable..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,985 ✭✭✭opus

See this thread for a discussion on AV Forums

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213625

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

apart form the Aldi unit being 2" bigger but

lensman
    2" is 2" :D

lensman wrote:
    On reading the blurb here

# Dimensions without desktop stand (W x H x D) : 820 x 600 x 140mm
    # Dimensions with desktop stand (W x H x D) : 820 x 600 x 320mm
    # Weight: 14kg (without desktop stand) / 15.8kg (with desktop stand)

I would say it's detatchable..

Are you sure? Difference between the dimensions with and without stand is just the depth – which I think is the flat end of the stand extending 180mm to the back of the unit.

If the speakers/controls components are detachable, height should be different, which is not the case.

There is always a catch!!

I really hope it is detachable because it is a ugly speaker and would look much better mounted on the wall without it. Do you think there is any way of finding out before Monday

• Advertisement

TCP/IP wrote:
    I really hope it is detachable because it is a ugly speaker and would look much better mounted on the wall without it. Do you think there is any way of finding out before Monday
    the weight difference is 1.8kg !! perhaps only the flat foot bit is removable,.....
    BTW you have until next Thursday 26th :):):) not monday

according to somebody that has rang up the speaker should be removable for wall mounting.

the thing is I bought a Thomson 32" true flat CRT 1.5yrs ago so can't justfy it :( well I can but the wife would freak out if I spent €1100 on a new TV

lensman you know you want to go on tell her bargins like this dont come often I have convinved the good lady we are buying two of them. One for the sitting and one for the lads room

TCP/IP wrote:
    lensman you know you want to go on tell her bargins like this dont come often I have convinved the good lady we are buying two of them. One for the sitting and one for the lads room
    I'm not beat yet ;) I have 6 days to pester her into submission, it's an up hill
    battle but I've done it before,.. ;)

good man dont let women beat us

but would this 32" LCD be much of an improvment over my 32" 100htz CRT flat screen ?,...might stick it in the FS section :)

i would be very suprised if it was not i think it might be a great move

looks like the 27" version here on OZ ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Guys what do you reckon do you think it is a good buy whats the warranty like.,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 PaddyRolo

So is it once the tele is HDTV compatiable it will be able to support the new Sky?

not necessary but it looks like the Aldi will.

But check out this TV great reviews from people that have bought from this seller and is a much better looking screen.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32863&item=5776126970&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

TCP/IP wrote:

But check out this TV great reviews from people that have bought from this seller and is a much better looking screen.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32863&item=5776126970&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
    yeh,...works out at €1078 to your doorstep, plus you get a 80gb ipod gizmo,but this "gift" lark can be a hit n miss game with Irish customs who can still slap 21% on what they think the real value is,... :( I know other photographers who got caught like this when they ordered kit from Hongkong
    here's more on the TAIYI
    & here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

TCP/IP wrote:

This is the 3rd time the LCD has been on sale €1200 has dropped off it since intial price.
    The HD LCD its the 1st time its been here, i would advise patience usually there is 4 to 6 months between tvs and 3 months for pcs and lappies to reappear as special offers.

So i reckon there will be another one in August and then in November each time price coming down somewhat. You dont think the factory that makes them is going to shutdown :)

/My coverplan on current tv runs out on 31st of July:D

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 65,130 ✭✭✭✭unkel

TCP/IP wrote:
    I have convinved the good lady we are buying two of them. One for the sitting and one for the lads room

Good man, proper order :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

TCP/IP wrote:

nice screen and good price, but i just couldn't trust a guy from Taiwan with 30 feedback

i know people on avforums that have ordered and recieved them and are very happy

looking at this German seller on ebay.de some nice LCD up to 37"
    I get all my photo kit form germany, far cheaper & I find honest businness people
    to deal with :),...plus their price is including German VAT is 16% so no customs worries :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭digiman

What would the sound quality be like on the aldi tv be like?

• Advertisement

at a guess I'd say nothing exceptional, most folk are going for the screen size & quality of picture and the manufactures know this, but I'm open to correction on this,...either way the audio quality from Sky & the digital services from NTL & Chorus are poor to begin with,.. :(

Advertisement