Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl 30" LCD TV,23/05/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭positron

lensman wrote:
    Aldi in Germany seem to have an even better bargain, see here

Any Aldi insider here? Anyone know if that offer is coming here in future? I have them selling stuff in Germany months before bringing it here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

TCP/IP wrote:
    i was just about to eat humble pie sorry i did not reliase there was a manual. Indeed it does seem to support HDCP and in fact I was thinking about buying one when i read that it does not support 720p/50hz and 1080i/50hz instead it does it at 60hz so therefore will not work with SkyHD. If you could find out it did 50hz it would be a great deal

I'm trying see how that's a problem, surely one or both of these modern units from Targa or indeed Sky (Thomson) can adapt in some way and communicate with each other, we can chose what resolution to play a game on our PC's and
    when we do this the freq also changes and our screens adapt to display the chosen resolution, I would hope your wrong because like you,..I want one.. :(
    I'll do some more research,... ;);)
    What do you think of the Aldi 32" LCD linked to in my other post ?

positron wrote:
    Any Aldi insider here? Anyone know if that offer is coming here in future? I have them selling stuff in Germany months before bringing it here!
    I have a sister in law living there,...ahhhhhhhhhh,....very very tempting. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭halkar

I will try getting one on Monday, I won't be using for sky, it will be plugged into my motorized dish and if all goes HD then I will use it for my Xbox 360 or 480 whatever will be there and Playstation 3 -4 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Lensman - Tevion is the TV I got in Aldi towards the end of last year. Picture brilliant, sound brilliant. Would love to get another one.

No idea though if it is HDTV ready.

• Advertisement

Dummy wrote:
    Lensman - Tevion is the TV I got in Aldi towards the end of last year. Picture brilliant, sound brilliant. Would love to get another one.

No idea though if it is HDTV ready.
    check your user manual & see if it mentions HDTV or check the casing for a "HDTV READY" sticker,.... the 32"LCD in aldi germany is HDTV ready, but there's
    no telling if/when aldi Ireland will have this unit,.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭ozmo

halkar wrote:
    Sweet, I was almost buying one of these before xmas when they were €1400, now glad I didn't. For €999 I hope I make it for one next week :D

hmm - just got the flyer last night

- Web says €999 But the flyer says
    quote:
    "€1699.00 reduced 23% cheaper to €1299.00"

What source do you think the checkout lady will believe - her flyers or a printout from the web? :(

“Roll it back”

ozmo wrote:
    hmm - just got the flyer last night

- Web says €999 But the flyer says
    quote:
    "€1699.00 reduced 23% cheaper to €1299.00"

What source do you think the checkout lady will believe - her flyers or a printout from the web? :(

the price is definitely €999 euro, I called lidl & they said they dropped the price from €1299 to compete with a similar product from a competitor, I asked was it aldi & they said yes,....do they know something we don't ? will aldi be selling the Tevion 32" LCD on their german site in Ireland soon ? if so I'd wait

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭ozmo

[QUOTE=lensman]
    Aldi in Germany seem to have an even better bargain, see here
    [/QUOTE]
    lensman wrote:
    ...compete with a similar product from a competitor... will aldi be selling the Tevion 32" LCD on their german site in Ireland soon ? if so I'd wait

So whats the difference - my Germanium isnt up to reading the Aldi site.
    Res on Aldi is a tiny bit better or lots worse 1.366 x 768 vs 1280x768 for Lidl - but lidl could be 1280x1024 from manual?
    That multi screen photo is a gimick - have it on my Sony CRT - just shows one live picture at a time and the rest static??

---- ps. competition is great - should have more of it in Ireland... :) ---

“Roll it back”

ozmo wrote:
    So whats the difference - my Germanium isnt up to reading the Aldi site.
    Res on Aldi is a tiny bit better or lots worse 1.366 x 768 vs 1280x768 for Lidl - but lidl could be 1280x1024 from manual?
    That multi screen photo is a gimick - have it on my Sony CRT - just shows one live picture at a time and the rest static??

---- ps. competition is great - should have more of it in Ireland... :)
    ---

toss of a coin I suppose, apart form the Aldi unit being 2" bigger but if/when it
    comes here expect to pay more than €999, can't find any more info on the technical spec of the Tevion screen to compare with the Targa spec.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

i really like the look of the Aldi 32" LCD tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭huh!

The aldi one is € 1, 099 next week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭paconnors

wonder will lidl drop there price on monday? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Velcrow

mikegannon wrote:
    wonder will lidl drop there price on monday? :confused:

Increase the price more like... in the paper adverts ( their newsletter thing ) the price is 1299 ???

on the web it says 999 ??? which are we to believe!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Velcrow wrote:
    Increase the price more like... in the paper adverts ( their newsletter thing ) the price is 1299 ???

on the web it says 999 ??? which are we to believe!!!

the poster outside the shop says €999 so i'd go with that. but just in case it would be worthwhile to print out a copy of the web page.

or just go to aldi for the extra 2" and Hi Def compatibility

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭dancin

The Aldi TV looks much better at 1099. More pixels on screen, High Def with HDCP, so should keep anyone waiting for the SKY Hi Def service happy.

Also, while the TV seems to be a new model, the Tevion 27" LCD which they did last december seems to be a very good system, discussed extensively on AVForums (http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173050).

Aldi will take the TV back no questions asked if you don't like it. Lidl though seem a little more hesitant. I thought about getting the Lidl 30" LCD when it was last out. Asked the manager in local Lidl about the returns policy, given that I would have to pay for it and bring it home before I could even see one running, was told that for anything over €1000, lidl would not take it back and would have to deal with the Warranty people. Not too sure how legal this was, but put me off buying anything expensive in there.

huh! wrote:
    The aldi one is € 1, 099 next week :D

where did you see that? its not in aldi.ie or didnt get any newsletter from them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭paconnors

positron wrote:
    where did you see that? its not in aldi.ie or didnt get any newsletter from them!

In the shop windows when i was there this mornin buy a double layer dvd writer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭huh!

positron wrote:

On the leaflet for next week, and they are starting to do their specials twice a week, adding Sunday's !

Thanks guys, called into Aldi and got a flyer, plenty of details and spec in it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

when is the 1099 one for sale ???

elexes wrote:
    when is the 1099 one for sale ???

next Thursday, 26th.

last time with 27" LCDs, Aldi in UK was accepting orders for next couple of days it seems - I wonder if they would do something like that here - I don't fancy standing in a queue for hours just to spend my hard earned quid!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭podge3

Would it not be better to spend €1400/1500 and get a cheapo 42" Plasma from the UK? I know the resoultion and longevity is better on the LCD but 10" is 10" (as they say :) )

the poster outside the shop says €999 so i'd go with that. but just in case it would be worthwhile to print out a copy of the web page.

or just go to aldi for the extra 2" and Hi Def compatibility
    check previous post here yesterday !!
    the price is definitely €999 euro, I called lidl & they said they dropped the price from €1299 to compete with a similar product from a competitor, I asked was it aldi & they said yes,....do they know something we don't ? will aldi be selling the Tevion 32" LCD on their german site in Ireland soon ? if so I'd wait
    [/QUOTE}

anyone track down full specs on the Aldi (Tevion) 32" LCD ?? :)

do u reckon the Aldi TV's will go quickly

TCP/IP wrote:
    do u reckon the Aldi TV's will go quickly
    can only speak for Lidl, the last time they had LCD's in stock 27" or 30" maybe
    the still had a few left the following week, not everyone has 1K to fork out
    at a weeks notice, you still think there is a problem with Sky HDTV and the Lidl unit ? what about the Aldi's one ? I cant find detailed spec on it anywhere,.. :(

Aldi flyer says its HD ready.

81.3 cm visible screen
    Contrast ratio 1000:1
    Brightness 550cd/m2
    resp time: 8ms
    Resolution: 1366 x 768
    DVI-I video in with HDCP decoding
    Viewing Angle: 176 deg H/V
    Video: Scart 1 (comp video in/out, s-video in, RGBin , yada yada)
    Scart 2 same
    Front composite video in (RCA)
    Frong s-video (MiniDin)
    Wall brackets not included (43.99 from Tevion helpline)

• Advertisement

I personally would not buy the Lidi one but if I can see the specs for the Aldi one I will be buying two of them me thinks. Can anybody post specs yet

Advertisement