Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US: The Monster

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

It's a piece of debris being sucked in. When the dude makes the engine explode the suction stops, air catches the underneath of the debris and floats it clear. That's what I gather from watching it anyway.

Possibly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

But it looks like it flies in...not like its being sucked in :P

it also appears to fly over the top of the engine and flies off again once it blows up,it doesnt actually go into the engine. Its a strange one alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Sceptical on the black thing from the pilot, but will check the scene out tonight. If it's only there for a frame in the show proper, then the shot earlier in the thread must be manipulated cos it's there for quite a show (even slowed down frames wouldn't carry that much detail.)

I don't think the monster was involved in blowing up that engine, but it may have been involved in the crash itself.

If we were to have been more suspicious of those explosions, I think some evidence would have been given early on in the show, via dialogue or an unusual discovery in that area on-screen.

I also don't think the producers knew anything about the future plan for 'black wisps of smoke' when the wrote the pilot. (At the pace at which it had to be developed and written, mid-January to mid-March filming start-date, I don't think this level of forethought was involved.)

Pretty cool shot, even if it's manipulated, though.

Advertisement