Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Ballybunion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

Looks like Ladies Beach to me, looking up towards Doon. That looks like Grand Cave entrance to right of screen. Angle of shot could be from Castle Green.

Some news:
    Christy Moore will be coming to Tintean this summer, and Pat Short on May bank hol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭snow scorpion

Looks like Ladies Beach to me, looking up towards Doon. That looks like Grand Cave entrance to right of screen. Angle of shot could be from Castle Green.

Are you sure, Rider? I'm thinking that next beach north of the Nun's Strand.

a4piJwD.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Thanatosgratus

https://goo.gl/maps/UQfHpvym7pH2
    from the cliff walk route

• Registered Users Posts: 16,692 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Are you sure, Rider? I'm thinking that next beach north of the Nun's Strand.

a4piJwD.jpg

Rider is correct. Nearest point in the video is the grand cave, then behind it is the point at Scoltnadrida, then you have Clancy’s Quarry and Daniels Rock in the far background. Looks like the camera was just down in front of the Castle Green.

• Advertisement

HdSZlWv.jpg

A video of the village.

Xr3oOFS.jpg

bigsmileysun.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

What was happening on the Castle green today? Coastguard digging or doing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Blackrocks

Just saw great thread ! Such a pity so many photographs have been removed - especially on ‘Aero’s thread posts - earlier in thread! They would have been so good to see - we all have great memories of Ballybunion- Aero is son of JJ OCarrolls - they had grocery shop & still have Marconi caravan park. Due to I’ll health, can’t go online much - today ok & photos are precious.
    Well Done Y’all!

Yakult wrote:
    What was happening on the Castle green today? Coastguard digging or doing something?

Ballybunion Coast Guard regularly train on top of the Castle Green. They are a cliff-rescue unit. I guess you saw them driving anchor stakes for their ropes. It might have looked like digging...

Just fyi, Ireland has a "Coast Guard" (two words - like the American coast guard). Her Majesty in UK has a "Coastguard" ...

bump

out and about in BB today

4gcfFDo.jpg?1

Gm49He7.jpg?4

XWbOdbB.jpg?1

PGm65o1.jpg?1

2VnvB5l.jpg?1

FcknMit.jpg?1

• Advertisement

PotMIf8.jpg?1

hope you like all the pics. been ages since I posted pics and forgot how! Hope the size is not causing your browser / app an issue!

All the work of local artist Kerry McCaughey....

There's more to Ballybunion than the beaches and the golf course?! :eek:

Ballybunion.jpg

There's more to Ballybunion than the beaches and the golf course?!

Its all go here at the mo.

Listowel races!!!

Busses & suits everywhere.....

I hope there will be a little bit of sunshine for me there next week.

Or at least a break in the rain.

sung.gif

Want to meet for coffee, Snow?

Want to meet for coffee, Snow?

Aw, hell, Rider, I forgot I even posted the above. If I had remembered I would have happily said yes and grabbed the opportunity to put a face together with your name.

I'm already back home in the Bronx. I was in Ballybunion for only four days and relatives and family friends kept me so busy I didn't get a chance to do any of the things I always do when I'm over there: I didn't get a chance to go down to the caves, walk the beach, do the Cliff Walk, or go up to the top of Knockanore.

I wanted to do the Bromore Cliffs walk as well, but ... no time for that either.

But I left with orders to come back soon. We'll get together next trip.

And with all my worries about the weather it was basically four dry days when I was over - save for the occasional quick shower.

No problems mate. I left it a bit late myself! We will meet up someday!!

Hope you had good time back on the auld sod. Weather wasn't the best for ya....

BallyB by drone

....... I really should get a drone ......

Great vid, Snow

• Advertisement

Multi agency search for windsurfer yesterday. And the man found safe and well in Clare! Must have been unable or unwilling to turn back in rough conditions, and kept going. Some feat! Great result last night ..... Delighted for the guy.

Kitesurfer found in Clare after being reported missing off Kerry coast http://jrnl.ie/4334518

Advertisement