Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ballybunion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 slackerdude

I wonder will they be able to rebuild the piece that fell down a few years ago. It was such an iconic image and is the logo for the Golf Club. It's sad to see it the way it is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

I wonder will they be able to rebuild the piece that fell down a few years ago. It was such an iconic image and is the logo for the Golf Club. It's sad to see it the way it is now.

Sorry, Slackerdude, but they wont be rebuilding anything. Its been talked about at length and many (myself included) would love to see part of the window repaired, so that it looks like the crest of so many clubs & societies here in Ballyb. But they are doing a repair and pointing on the existing walls only. I heard that the current touch-up is costing 80,000e and the cost of rebuilding part of the castle would be over 200k .... :-( Its always about money

This weeks newsletter (with new flip-book style animation!)

http://online.fliphtml5.com/cshk/bhfc/

The newly formed Ballybunion Community Responder group is holding a public meeting on Wed 22nd, in the Community Centre @ 8pm.

If you are interested in joining, please come along.

Community Responder groups are backed by the HSE & Nat Ambulance Service. If someone calls 999, the NAS will dispatch an ambulance, and the local CR group. The CR will look after the patient until the ambulance arrives. This has worked very well in other areas, and we are looking forward to providing the same for the Ballybunion area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭snow scorpion

1000 posts!

fXSeFon.png

Looks like mild weather for my visit next week.

c011.gif

A7g4KG5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Golf Hotel

Congrats to Aine in The Mixing Bowl. They were shortlisted (to last 4!) for the best café in Ireland, and the radio station Today FM were broadcasting Ray D'Arcy's morning show (I LOVE that show!) from their café !!!

Top 4? You are the best Aine #1 !!!!

LsiC34K.jpg

• Advertisement

Somebody having fun with a drone and maybe a GoPro camera?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

Do the seaweed baths close for the Winter? I've been trying to ring the number (068-7127469) but the call isn't connecting. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭shergar22

Do the seaweed baths close for the Winter? I've been trying to ring the number (068-7127469) but the call isn't connecting. Any suggestions?

Try taking off the 71. there's no 71 for 068 numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Japandamo

I'm pretty sure they close in September and open again at the start of the summer.

A good year for the Ballybunion Thread!

We broke the 100 views per day barrier in 2014 e118.gif

38,032 views for the year
    104 views per day

Ballybunion thread
    1/1/2014 - 255,800 views
    1/1/2015 - 293,832 views

2014 - 38,032 views - 104 views per day

2013 - 31,296 views- 86 views per day

2012 - 31, 906 views - 87 views per day

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CKGOAL

Hi All,

Fairly familiar with Ballybunion and I am thinking of buying a Mobile in 1 of the Parks, which would be best, also is Ballyb a location that will suit weekends away with a young family ?

We have it narrowed down to either Ballybunion or Glenbeigh.

Any help or feedback would be much Appreciated.....

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

CKGOAL wrote: »
    Hi All,

Fairly familiar with Ballybunion and I am thinking of buying a Mobile in 1 of the Parks, which would be best, also is Ballyb a location that will suit weekends away with a young family ?

We have it narrowed down to either Ballybunion or Glenbeigh.

Any help or feedback would be much Appreciated.....

Hi Ive been going to ballybunion since i was a baby now 25 and still love it we have a mobile home down there and love it. When the sun is out in ballybunion it is just a beautiful place and the beach is just perfect. Weekends that are really busy are usually june & august weekend and it can get very crowded but thats going to be like that everywhere. Also then for day trips you can drive to so many places from ballybunion. Have been to Glenbeigh its lovely aswell but I would say just more quieter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CKGOAL

Hi Ive been going to ballybunion since i was a baby now 25 and still love it we have a mobile home down there and love it. When the sun is out in ballybunion it is just a beautiful place and the beach is just perfect. Weekends that are really busy are usually june & august weekend and it can get very crowded but thats going to be like that everywhere. Also then for day trips you can drive to so many places from ballybunion. Have been to Glenbeigh its lovely aswell but I would say just more quieter.

Cheers for that, going to meet a few parks this weekend and decide then, are there parks to steer clear of ?????

Personally I love the idea of Glenbeigh but feel it just might be too quiet and isolated when the weather is typically Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dos1965

Hello Ballybunion. I have recently moved to the area and I am looking for an apartment or cottage to rent for min 6-12 months on the Ballybunion district. Preferably near the sea. I welcome any feedback or suggestions. I have searched daft and myhome with little success recently. Thank you.

Is the scaffolding down from the castle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Japandamo

Is the scaffolding down from the castle?

Wow! Great shots and very well put together! Drones are great (when they are used for amazing photography - not an enormous fan of the weaponised variety).

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Stair na hÉireann (@Stairnahireann)
    #BallybunionCastle #CoKerry @OldeEire pic.twitter.com/NIfUiNuZpw

Interesting view of the castle!http://pic.twitter.com/NIfUiNuZpw

I wonder if there are any photographs or drawings of the castle when it was completely intact.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

BallyB on huff post " best European road trip ever"!

@HuffingtonPost: This guy planned the ideal Euro road trip, so you don't have to http://t.co/NVr6o9mtG0 http://t.co/e1p7CQflu0

Also, for those of you that miss the Irish radio ..... there is a free app for the smartphones that streams ALL the Irish radio stations (including my favorites Radio Kerry, Spin S/W, 2fm, Today FM and KCLR) and all the ads, interviews, etc

The app is called Irish Radioplayer and is avail in iTunes and Play Store.

See https://radioplayer.ie/ for details

Also, for those of you that miss the Irish radio ..... there is a free app for the smartphones that streams ALL the Irish radio stations (including my favorites Radio Kerry, Spin S/W, 2fm, Today FM and KCLR) and all the ads, interviews, etc

The app is called Irish Radioplayer and is avail in iTunes and Play Store.

See https://radioplayer.ie/ for details

All right, sir. I will see your Radioplayer and raise you Radiosure: http://www.radiosure.com/

Radiosure comes preloaded with 29,000+ radio stations from all over the world, including 185 from Ireland - including Radio Kerry. (Who knew Ireland had 185 radio stations? :D)

Radiosure has a free version and a pay version with extra bells and whistles.

thats good to know, Snow..... just thought you might like to brush up on your Kerry accent, but you are way ahead of me!

• Advertisement

Spring cleaning abounds ......

Golf Hotel is closed at the moment, and will be for most (all?) of the summer .... as its getting a major facelift. There are very large glass walls (front entrance) going in at the moment, and what looks like a new mezzanine inside (obv!)

The Cliff House is getting a refit too .... not sure what, but there were trade vans outside for ages ... they are open now, so it must be finished.

And there is a beer-garden / outdoor-seating area going in opposite McMunns, where the old hotel used to be. They knocked thru that old white wall to make an entrance, and they have picnic-type benches ready to go.

...Lastly, the Wild Atlantic Way Seaweed Festival is on here June 5 / 6 / 7th
    check it out .... http://www.discoverireland.ie/Whats-On/ballybunion-wild-atlantic-seaweed-weekend/510397

Advertisement