Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Offside Show

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Keano_sli

Keep the good and bad comments coming people, but if it is going to be a bad comment try to be constructive unlike keano_sli who wasnt constructive at all just mouthing off...

"Caught the end of it, Another load of bolloxs on Irish TV. If this is hte best that they can do then maybe they just shouldn't bother at all.
    It is nothing Like Soccer AM, Soccer AM is enteraining, this is cringe enducing. Do these people not have friends and family to tell them its ****e stop!!"

ft9t9

Sorry to burst your bubble Darth but you know its rubbish! I find it hard to think of one entertaining Irish produced programme in my lifetime and that goes back to Wanderly Wagon, maybe its the low budgets here but Irish talent flurrishes in the the UK, Father Ted for Example. I won't make suggestions on how you can improve it 'cause you can't and I won't massage your ego by pretenting any of it is entertaining or funny 'cause its isn't.
    But the fact that some people seem to enjoy it is worrying in a general sense, but then the Sun does sell 114,553 copies a day in Ireland so they're out there somewhere!
    Its harsh but its true!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Keano_sli wrote:
    Sorry to burst your bubble Darth but you know its rubbish! I find it hard to think of one entertaining Irish produced programme in my lifetime and that goes back to Wanderly Wagon, maybe its the low budgets here but Irish talent flurrishes in the the UK, Father Ted for Example. I won't make suggestions on how you can improve it 'cause you can't and I won't massage your ego by pretenting any of it is entertaining or funny 'cause its isn't.
    But the fact that some people seem to enjoy it is worrying in a general sense, but then the Sun does sell 114,553 copies a day in Ireland so they're out there somewhere!
    Its harsh but its true!

horses for courses .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

Ah I thought it was alright, could be a grower. I know the presenter got stick but he is good on the radio so think he will grow into the job. Will watch it again to see how it pans out. As for RTE not producing good progs, well they do tend to spew crap but The Panel is very good and speaking of panels we have the best one world wide for football - Dunphy, Giles, O'Herlihy.....world class!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

True irish 'entertainment' programmes arn't (on the whole) good! But that tide is turning ... The Panel, The Offside show are examples of entertaining home grown programmes!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Yes but then the sun is a british paper so therefore its better. :rolleyes:

I personally think British TV has good down hill in the past number of years.

American TV continues to be better.

I personally think that anything IRELAND produces is better then ITV.

God i hate ITV. :mad:

But then thats not much of a compliment

• Advertisement

Cant wait for tonights show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Telefís

For some reason I think you like this programme Limerick Man :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Didn't see much of this last night tbh but I really enjoyed the footage of the 1975 match between Milan and Athlone. You should defo keep these retro spots in there.

BTW I turned it off the very second that stupid puppet appeared and didn't return to it either. Maybe it's popular with other viewers but it's ratings poison as far as I'm concerned.

Ok so.... i think last night was proof that 6 episodes are too little! Because of last nights marvin mix up, this means there are only a possiblity of two weeks with all the difficulties sorted!

I think ye messed up last night and i must say i am surprised.... last night was the first time the show had to proof itself, espically since TV3 had advertised the show so much!

Liked the bit on the 1975 match, but i felt the show lacked comedy (too much soccer), Demot looked alot more confident.... i'm really starting to like him (its a plus that he's from Limerick)! I saw him on the property game too!

Will ye be showing the marvin bit that was meant to be on last night during the week as an ad for the show (like popcorn bitesize)? I think that would be a good idea!

Cant wait for tonights show! Hope arvin is on!

• Advertisement

Crap, missed it! I only caught the last few mins! Paddy and Dermot are really funny when u put the two together! I saw that when he was saying whats on next weeks show he never mentioned marvin! Whats the story?

Did ya'll see his hair he cut it ... now it looks weird!

Is it just me or is that bit with the security guard alot like dr. cox in scrubs? I love that show!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

did anyone see the world war 2 sketch on this show last night?.....it was the worst comedy sketch i've ever seen.....you could see it in the hosts face he was dying....it was the most chronic piece of tv i've ever seen!

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭father_ted9t9

Howya all, the programme is repeated tonight at midnight. Marvin is in istanbul finally! Next weeks progrmme is the last one, hopefully we get a good crowd watching, so spread the word if you can! BO!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

yeah...watch it tonight and get ready to cringe at that woeful sketch!! :(

Cant wait for the marvin sketch... TV3 really have a gem in their hands with the right writers they can make blossom!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

I've watched most of the shows now and, in fairness, it's not the worst.
    However it definitely needs a studio audience to give it some atmosphere.
    After every joke, sketch, etc,. there's an awkward silence, maybe an odd titter from the crew now and again. Maybe speed up the autocue as well, the presenter seems to be waiting for it to scroll down sometimes!

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

I like the show, I'd like to see a little bit more of the action from around the world, maybe a top 10 goals from around the world every week or something like that.

The world war sketch was cringe worthy and pathetic, but I think the presenter felt that after it went out?

Good show all in all

Crap missed it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

As sports shows go - it is fine.

Is there a studio audience?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Saw 2 and a half men on the excellent TG4. It is not a patch on spin city but it is very watchable.

It beats friends re-runs and the joey spin off.

• Advertisement

I prefer it to spin city! I think 2 and a half men is one of the greatest shows of all time, but how did this come up?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Spin City should have finished as soon as Micheal J. Fox left.

2and a half men is bad IMO.

Yes what has this got to do with anything?
    It beats friends re-runs and the joey spin off.

True

Now back to the topic.

Spin city really took off when he was leaving ... and left!

Anyway... the last episode of offside show ... i hope they show clips of the soccer match in kilkenny!

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭father_ted9t9

Hey all, final show this week, we will be showing clips from the soccer match in kilkenny, our main VT Is about the international players which play for sligo rovers. Marvin is interviewing The League of Gentlemen about soccer - is it a league of gents or thugs and the guest is richard sadlier. We also have footage of irelands games from the past week! Thanks to everyone who has watched the show, and heres hoping for a second season!

Advertisement