Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best thing you ever found

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I found a mans wallet with £280 in the back of a taxi when I was about 16.. had no form of ID in it, just the money and a condom so I kept it (the money) cant remember what I did with the condom.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

560 quid where did you find it ? nice 1 the best so far

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

On a bit of wasteland behind my old estate. Aparantly it was a hand out for drug dealers at the time, so I like to think it belonged to some scumbag smackhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

eh... is it just me or is it wrong to keep a large some of money that you found?

I mean.. I found about €60 last year.... I didn't think there was much point in handing a sum that size into the guards... but I made sure I gave it to charity instead.

But really.... anything over a €100 really should be handed in.

morals people... morals...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

If it was in a wallet that had some kind of ID or I had anyway of knowing who it belonged to, I'd hand it in. But I wouldn't have any faith in lose cash ever getting back to it's original owner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

i found a six pack of chipsticks after coming home from bein out on the beer last friday... i was chuffed

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Not a whole lot, 20 of your old earth pounds or so. My mott and her mate found over ten grand once though - long and potentially hazardous story.

10k is this story real or a wind up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

eh... is it just me or is it wrong to keep a large some of money that you found?

I mean.. I found about €60 last year.... I didn't think there was much point in handing a sum that size into the guards... but I made sure I gave it to charity instead.

But really.... anything over a €100 really should be handed in.

morals people... morals...
    Ahhh party pooper!

Nightwish wrote:
    my BF....oh and £300 in Trabolgan about 15 years ago

At the same time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Gamer Girl :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

--Kaiser-- wrote:
    A little Lion King toy (Scar if you're interested), which growled when you picked it up
    i think i got that as a birthday present before, you coule stick your hand into it and push a button to make it growl. Mine wud prob b 50euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

I found a IR£20 note last year in an old jacket pocket. Kept it as a souvenir. I once found a IR£5 note when i was 8 too btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

In secondary school, I once found the detention book, in the staff room and proceeded to scribble my name off the list. Got away with it too, no detention :p

Edit: all to the sound of the mission impossible theme song :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

If anyone lost a wad of notes rolled up in a rubber band in Grafton Street in the last day or two - PM me.

I think I found your rubber band. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

a few years ago in the middle of nowhere, (there was a pub called the Golden Ball right across the road) I looked on the ground on and found a a japanese pokemon card (I think it was called Erica's assistant or something) it was pretty wet so the card was in bad condition, I got my dad to put it in his wallet to dry off. what a find, and the best thing about it is that I collected pokemon cards (they're still all upstairs)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,451 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I found €15 yesterday on the ground in a pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭jamiecake

My current partner :)

Numina wrote:
    a few years ago in the middle of nowhere, (there was a pub called the Golden Ball right across the road) I looked on the ground on and found a a japanese pokemon card (I think it was called Erica's assistant or something) it was pretty wet so the card was in bad condition, I got my dad to put it in his wallet to dry off. what a find, and the best thing about it is that I collected pokemon cards (they're still all upstairs)

What,s it worth now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

LadyJ wrote:
    A lost child. I keep it under the stairs

Help me I just got out from under her stairs and i'm on her computer.Oh **** She's come in the front door.Out the window I go. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

A five pound note. Which sucks. I want to find stuff!

Oh how I long for the days once again where people leave $ bags of money lying on the street for all who want one. What do you mean those days didn't exist??? Well, it might've been a dream....

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Years ago, I found a Pacman watch, which had an LCD game of pacman on it. I used it quite a bit!

Money wise, the most I found was IR£10, back in the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Chris P Duck

I still havent found what im looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

found some good stuff over the years... usuallly money.
    once in bunclody or gorey cant remember i found a fifty pound note under a rock. i just saw the rock in the dtreet looking out a place and just knew there was something there i was about 10 and was delighted.

On saturday night/sun morning about 2.30am i was walking down tullow st. and i found a fiver. i was just so happy i keep talking about it. it meant more to be than the 50 i found yrs ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

I found cheaper car insurance with alliance direct

If you want cheaper car insurance call us... I mean them... on 1890

BTW LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Son_of_Belial

€20 note on the stairs in Doyle's on my birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Son_of_Belial

Franky Boy wrote:
    Help me I just got out from under her stairs and i'm on her computer.Oh **** She's come in the front door.Out the window I go. :)
    LMAO!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭crazy_dude6662

the guy next door and i got a 100 pound note each, they were just blowing in the wind

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

The best thing I found so far is a Neolithic flint scraper. I found it stuck in the tar between the cobbles on the North Lotts. It's in the National Museum now... I know... I'm a nerd!!

Advertisement