Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie headsup online championship!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

I presume the heads-up tables at PPP and VC are the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Yep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Count me in PPP or Pokerroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

im in, vc pref.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

lafortezza wrote:

4) In each round the matchups are to be played for a stake agreed to by *both* players. This should cater for those with (very) short bankrolls.
    So you can play from anything from $0.10 headsup (I think VC do these) up to $25 1v1 games.

I think that players playing games for agreed amounts is a mistake. All game prices throughout the tournament I.M.O should be the same otherwise people wont mind playing like maniacs(and probably winning as a result!) in $0.10 headsup games. Like all sporting tournaments k.o rounds should be played under the same conditions for all entrants.
    I do believe also that it should be a best of 3(first to 2) format as a one off game is a little more likely to yield a lucky result.
    I would suggest all games be played for between $5 - $10. I heard murmourings about a 'live final'. I dont like this. I would like to see all rounds incl the final to be online. Otherwise its like tennis where the french open is played on clay right up to the final and then the final is to be played on grass!. Its just that some players and myself for definate who are online only players would be uncomfortable with a live final and it would be my reason for not entering the event?. Anyway thats just my view.

• Advertisement

Wrt the buy-in I agree that it may be best to make it the same for everyone. This will only really be a problem in the first round as those that get through to later rounds will have won it earlier in the competition. People can always agree larger amounts or other sidebets if they want. If it was 5$ then the most anyone would lose would be 10$ (plus the rake - which is lower for HU games too).

Of course you then have the guys who will play like maniacs because they are only playing for 5$ instead of the gazillion they usually play for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Imposter wrote:

Of course you then have the guys who will play like maniacs because they are only playing for 5$ instead of the gazillion they usually play for.

I've a feeling the 'heavy hitters' will want to win this competition, the money will not be the motivator on this one, methinks anyway.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I'm in

PPP/VC
    Ladbrokes
    Pokerstars
    etc
    etc
    etc

Hyzepher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

So when are we getting this started? I'm raring to go. Bring it on!!!

Im in as long as its an online final(how presumptious!). I dont want to be in a live final V NickyOD only to be disparaged by him in one of his blogs like most of the people he comes up against(Unless they are 'PROFESSIONALS'!!!)!.

• Advertisement

Im in as long as its an online final(how presumptious!). I dont want to be in a live final V NickyOD only to be disparaged by him in one of his blogs like most of the people he comes up against(Unless they are 'PROFESSIONALS'!!!)!.

lol. only if you wear a funny hat. :D

NickyOD wrote:
    lol. only if you wear a funny hat. :D

Glad you took it in the right spirit Nicky.
    But i do feel that you let 'Muppets' really get to you which will only harm you in the long run i feel. It could turn you bitter and that wouldnt be good.

Glad you took it in the right spirit Nicky.
    But i do feel that you let 'Muppets' really get to you which will only harm you in the long run i feel. It could turn you bitter and that wouldnt be good.

Nah, I'm actually one of most laid back poker players you'll ever meet. I'm always smiling at the poker table. I come across on the forums as a bit of a loudmouth because I am a very outspoken person but I'm actually pretty humble. You'd have to have met me to understand the nature of my posts. I think you could say that about a lot of people that post on here. It's very easy to pick up whats written in online blogs/forums in completely the wrong nature they were intended.

Now back this HU thing. When is it happening? I guess I'll have to dust off the Credit Card and deposit on that ass of a poker site that is VC. :D

NickyOD wrote:
    . I come across on the forums as a bit of a loudmouth because I am a very outspoken person but I'm actually pretty humble. You'd have to have met me to understand the nature of my posts.

Now back this HU thing. When is it happening? I guess I'll have to dust off the Credit Card and deposit on that ass of a poker site that is VC. :D

Fair enough Nicky.
    So you dont like VC whys this?. I tried downloading their software but got error prompts and was just told by a board member here its because it along with ppp are tribeca.
    Yeah the heads up sounds like fun. But being the realist i am i can see problems with 'no shows' though. Same as everything, people are all for it but when it comes to the crunch its a low turnout or people are dragging themselves to go....like a 21st i guess!.
    I actually predominantly play heads up so it would be interesting to see how i fair.

Fair enough Nicky.
    So you dont like VC whys this?. .

I haven't touched it in a year but from what I can remember: No hand histories, horrible blind structure. Horrible MTT structure. No Neteller (I think). and when I type in a 600 raise at 100/200 its actually a raise to 800. Very confusing when every other site I know of its a raise to 600. My main quib was the confusion about their RNG certification but I don't want to open up that can of worms again.
    Yeah the heads up sounds like fun. But being the realist i am i can see problems with 'no shows' though.

Well I think the best way to handle no shows is this. Players who play eachother agree to a time and date.

Dedicate a thread where both player post the confirmed date and time so there can be no confusion. If there's a no show without reasonable notice the other player then has to forfeit. There has to be a deadline for completetion of each round.

Another thread dedicated to results posted by the winners.

How many players are in now? This could go on for weeks and weeks. :eek:

Shame e3veryone doens't play on PS. We could just said upa private HU yourney and have it done in one night.

NickyOD wrote:
    Shame e3veryone doens't play on PS. We could just said upa private HU yourney and have it done in one night.
    Those things take ages. Good luck agreeing a time with everyone too. And they are only one game.

NickyOD wrote:

That would be ideal.
    Also whats to stop a losing player or an absent player from saying 'No i won'!
    Player A)'i won it' ......
    Player B)'no i won it'!!!!

Disregard this..just my mind seeing glitches. More power to your pokerstars heads up tournie idea though. There would be more of an atmosphere too.

Imposter wrote:
    Those things take ages. Good luck agreeing a time with everyone too. And they are only one game.

Yeah but its like a million times easier to co-ordinate and if it was on a Sunday after noon. It would only go on for about 4-5 hours for the players who make it that far.

Anyway I think most people want to play on PPP/VC so majority rules.
    Imposter wrote:
    Also whats to stop a losing player or an absent player from saying 'No i won'!
    Player A)'i won it' ......
    Player B)'no i won it'!!!!

screenshots. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Should be no need for screenshots....we are an honest bunch...!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Red 1.

sign me up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Should be no need for screenshots..we are an honest bunch.!!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=254896

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I was wondering how long it would take for that thread to be mentioned :D

lol. Whoops!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

Lafortezza, any news on a start with the boards headsup? I have money that I'm just dying to lose :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Have been a little busy over the last while what with straining every muscle in my lower back and having to move to north Donegal for my job!

I'll do something up this evening if I can.

Advertisement